Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geocache Drama >_<
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caslynn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I'm going to say about it is this.

Saffryn is new, and already had a poor opinion of the attitudes among the players because yesterday was so chaotic, and yet she drove out to Napa for us on a whim to help look for the drop.

She very politely made small mention of the logbook in the chat, and suggested that at least we should email them. She meant no harm, but got yelled at by like four people for even mentioning it. She told me her opinion went from bad to worse.

I know we're busy with other things that may seem more important, but we can't forget our etiquette and our manners.

You guys know I love you all very, very much, but that really sucked.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:
..... OKAY, WE GET IT.

STOP TALKING ABOUT THE STUPID LOGBOOK

Panda...I understand, but as a geocacher myself, you don't need to be snippy about it. We're simply trying to explain what it is and how it works (note I didn't post that note either at geocaching). People who enjoy ARGs might understandably enjoy geocaching. I've always wondered if one of the ARG drops might eventually get mixed up with a geocache. It's important for the ARG peeps to know what a cache is...and for that matter letterboxes, too. It's probably far easier to get a letterbox and a drop confused with each other.
Toad
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:
..... OKAY, WE GET IT.

Sorry I did not know I was not permitted to discuss my ideas in this forum.
Sorry I intruded.
Sucks to be new I guess.

Please continue to Yell to your hearts content.
It should prove useful in keeping others out of threads.

By the way I added that edit in my post before I read your very mature big red letter post.

Grow up!
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brick wall

Cas, you know I like Saff, and I'm sorry if she got upset, but I think we're all tired of being lectured on the book. And sometimes people get upset. We're human, and emotions are inevitable.

I'm just kinda pissed that Lad drove six hours to retrieve an ID, makes a judgement call and is going to come back to lectures of muggles and whutnot.

If Lad HADN'T gotten the journal, what's the first thing we'd see?
"OMGZ why didnt you take it? Maybe it was the ANSWER."

Now please .... please please please please please please PLEASE drop it. It'll get worked out.
Nodus
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toad wrote:
Sad Panda wrote:
..... OKAY, WE GET IT.

Sorry I intruded.
Sucks to be new I guess.

By the way I added that edit in my post before I read your very mature big red letter post.

Grow up!

pwnt
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toad wrote:
Sad Panda wrote:
..... OKAY, WE GET IT.

Sorry I intruded.
Sucks to be new I guess.

Grow up!

Boo hoo!
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:
Toad wrote:
Sad Panda wrote:
..... OKAY, WE GET IT.

Sorry I intruded.
Sucks to be new I guess.

Grow up!

Boo hoo!

Oh, and by the way .... the reason I don't want this talked about here is because IT'S OFF TOPIC. So maybe you should really think twice before you assume that it's all because we're mean and we hate you.
Nodus
Casual Observer

Sad Panda wrote:

Uh...

We'd see a profile update from OpAphid.

"TOO SLOW I DONT GEOCACHE I HATE YOU"
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

Sad Panda wrote:
Brick wall

Cas, you know I like Saff, and I'm sorry if she got upset, but I think we're all tired of being lectured on the book. And sometimes people get upset. We're human, and emotions are inevitable.

I'm just kinda pissed that Lad drove six hours to retrieve an ID, makes a judgement call and is going to come back to lectures of muggles and whutnot.

Now please .... please please please please please please PLEASE drop it. It'll get worked out.

i 1112334500000% agree with this.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I know we're busy with other things that may seem more important, but we can't forget our etiquette and our manners.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Clearly it was a mistake to pull the cache, we get it. HOWEVER...it brings up a very valid issue with this game that needs to be addressed, and some of the nastiness here is really bothering me. And this is coming from someone who isn't afriad to be nasty...

It's off topic for the drop...but it should be addressed in general elsewhere.

Quote:

Nobody's lecturing him for God's sake. I don't think anybody is upset with him. We're simply letting everyone know of a very real issue with drop retrieval, and educating other potential drop retrievers of the differnce between a cache, a letterbox and a drop.

That said, Lad drove up there on his own accord. Clearly, we all appreciate it, but I have to say that TONS of "new" people were saying yesterday morning that Ukiah was the place to go. Most of them just got ignored. Not everyone can be in chat, especially during a work day.

Lighten up a litle bit, Panda. Sure this is frustrating...but the fact remains that nobody forced anybody to drive up there.
Toad
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Panda wrote:
Sad Panda wrote:
Toad wrote:
Sad Panda wrote:
..... OKAY, WE GET IT.

Sorry I intruded.
Sucks to be new I guess.

Grow up!

Boo hoo!

Oh, and by the way .... the reason I don't want this talked about here is because IT'S OFF TOPIC. So maybe you should really think twice before you assume that it's all because we're mean and we hate you.

So you scream at people in big red letters every time a thread has 3 or 4 "sort of" off topic posts? (This did relate to the drop)
Get that blood pressure checked if you are old enough to be concerned about that kind of thing.
Not thinking there is much likelyhood of that though.

Honest question,
I'm new here are you a moderator?
I thought they directed the content of the thread not the big red letter bullies.
If the two are the same then there are bigger issues here.
SuperRad
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toad wrote:
Sad Panda wrote:
Sad Panda wrote:
Toad wrote:
Sad Panda wrote:
..... OKAY, WE GET IT.

Sorry I intruded.
Sucks to be new I guess.

Grow up!

Boo hoo!

So you scream at people in big red letters every time a thread has 3 or 4 "sort of" off topic posts? (This did relate to the drop)
Get that blood pressure checked if you are old enough to be concerned about that kind of thing.
Not thinking there is much likelyhood of that though.

Honest question,
I'm new here are you a moderator?
I thought they directed the content of the thread not the big red letter bullies.
If the two are the same then there are bigger issues here.
This is still staying way off topic. Stop arguing with Pandy in the drop thread, please?
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A. I'm sorry if large red letters offend you. If you're that easily rattled, maybe you shouldn't be here. There's also cursing and the occasional sexual innuendo.

B. This doesn't relate to the drop, as we all have discovered that it was not, in fact part of the drop.

C. If you want to fight, PM me. Otherwise, I don't think anyone wants to hear it.

D. I am an Opertator. Deal with it.

Now, can you please stop flaming this thread? There are now three pages of aruging, and while you seem to really thrive on this drama there are people who might actually want to discuss the ID.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panda, this will be my last post in this thread on the subject, but you're the one who started the nastiness and nobody is "fighting" here but you. You're the one who sounds offended and upset. You even said so yourself. You're frustrated because Lad drove so far to pick up a fake ID card, which actually does nothing to help since Op already knew it was there and even bet somebody on it.

Those of us trying to explain the cache vs the actual drop were very few. Deny it all you want, but a good portion of your summary is dedicated to the journal including this:

Quote:

We'll wait and see what Op says about the journal and the stuff. But that's all there was.

There's no need to ask Op about a geocache. That's all we're saying. It was a mistake...and frankly, probably shouldn't even be mentioned anywher ein you summary. But because it is, those of us who actually know what it is were trying to explain it. No fighting.

You're tired and frustrated. I'm sure Lad is, too. that's okay and totally understandable...but in all sincerity, the nastiness is coming from you because you're short temepered and it is realisticly offending some new players. Of course, a lot of the new players have been completely ignored the last two days, so they're a bit furstrated as well. As an Operator, though, you need to be better controlled and more encouraging than that.
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH FFS!

THIS THREAD IS RIDICULOUS.

SLASH AND BURN ALL OF IT, IT'S A BUNCH OF OT BULLSHIT.

IF THE BUNCH OF YOU NEED TO TALK ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS SO BADLY, START A BLOG.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: