Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Apology, and Some Comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, if you see something in the summaries that is specifically lacking, please feel free to write something up and send it to me, or to point it out to myself or shifty (who does the Aphidpedia).

Tilt...I know you do that, and that's a great way to appraoch it. But, you and shifty) seem to be the only one who does. More often, I see comments like, "We've already discussed that." or "It's been confirmed" with nothing to follow it up.

My suggestion is more along the lines of how they respond publically to complaints of vague summaries.

If comebody asked HOW or WHY we know something, then that should be a clue that something needs more clarificatiin, not just "we just know it...let's move on."

When I was first here, I got that kind of attitude/response more often than not. It was frustating, and a lot of new people experience the same thing.
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you're saying, Bethy. And that's where I think the PMs come in...sometimes, someone just needs to be given a link to a thread and they can go from there, but sometimes they just need to ask "stupid" questions and get straight answers--and the place for that should be in a PM, not in the public thread.
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bethy, Many many threads have been written in order to keep people up to date, and help get people caught up. IE: 'everything you need to know to play opaphid' and the aphidpedia. If an answer is not in there, then the question should be posted in the summary thread, so that it can be answered in full in the correct place, so that someone else can later have it already answered for them. I have publicly stated, numerous times, that if there is not an answer in any of my summary threads, to just pm me and ask, and I will answer, as well as add it to the corresponding thread. People need to read. It is all there. Plenty of people have jumped right into the game simply by reading the aphidpedia. but if for some reason it isnt there, and it should be, someone needs to be alerted.
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

romanceismusic wrote:
Bethy, Many many threads have been written in order to keep people up to date, and help get people caught up. IE: 'everything you need to know to play opaphid' and the aphidpedia. If an answer is not in there, then the question should be posted in the summary thread, so that it can be answered in full in the correct place, so that someone else can later have it already answered for them. I have publicly stated, numerous times, that if there is not an answer in any of my summary threads, to just pm me and ask, and I will answer, as well as add it to the corresponding thread. People need to read. It is all there. Plenty of people have jumped right into the game simply by reading the aphidpedia. but if for some reason it isnt there, and it should be, someone needs to be alerted.

As have I. We understand that asking your questions and getting it sent to you seems easier but it's really not (general you). This game is massive and looking up all the info and re-re-re condensing blows. We've tried for several drafts to get things down to their smallest yet most effective forms. When people didn't like the aphidpedia's puzzle focus we wrote up a story form. Then the FAQs (yes plural, again many drafts over time).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: