Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flame Wars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you posted 'mute. It's good to hear your perspective. Is there anything you read in this long tangled thread that you think is of value?
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's all of value, Luminous. I think it's now just a matter of the mods coming together under BK's leadership and deciding what direction to take.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
I think it's all of value, Luminous. I think it's now just a matter of the mods coming together under BK's leadership and deciding what direction to take.

'mute

Smile Much appreciation to all of you for the work you do to keep this forum running.

Edit to add: Sorry Kelly, don't take the smileys personally Wink Wink
Macabea13
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'mute...Thanks for being patient enough to listen to all of our rambling ons. My guess is that you can get as many opinions on this subject as there are forum members.

I hope you know that I am not bashing any of you for being biased, I am more of the opionion that no one should expect much more than human nature Smile

Kasdeja, I am not sure I, (can't speak for anyone else) have missed or forgotten that you are speaking of consistency, and agree that it is important. I'm just not a black and white type of person, so I am interested in all the other sides of this story too. And the question remains as to what people think should be consistently done. Sounds like the mods will be handling that one though.

I'm guessing I need a new video, got get me off of this subject Exclamation
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just seemed like everyone had shifted to subjects of how to choose mods, etc.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous, other mods deserve more credit than I. But I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that the appreciation is much appreciated Wink

Macabea13, I'm sure we all know that you're not bashing us for being biased. I'd like to think that I'm not biased, but there's that whole pesky human nature business to deal with. We try, and will continue to try, to keep everything fair and balanced, even when dealing with our friends here.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
I'm going to throw out a suggestion here -- whether it will work on this forum or not, I'll let others decide.

On an old forum I used to run, we had "mailboxes". Basically this was a section decicated to each person that was active on the board having a thread that was just their own, to do with as they wanted -- sort of like Spacie's thread where her and her friends hang out and let it all hang loose, lol! You can say and do whatever you want, short of personally attacking a specific member and no one can really complain (don't like someone's sense of humor? Don't go to their thread) Post pics of your kids, your dog, your tattoo, make jokes, throw out your wildest theories about lg15, use it as sort of a mini-blog and use it as a place to meet up and discuss things when a off topic convo starts up on another thread.

Of course, these are all public, and really personal stuff should still be kept to PMs, but they are also nice to chit chat on. And of course, you can basically act as your own moderator on your own thread. Don't like someone's joke that they posted on your thread? Ask a mod to remove it, and they will, no questions asked. We actually had a specified moderator for this area, who worked no other area, just to handle "mailbox" issues (which ended up few and far between).

This worked on my site, which had at one time almost a thousand members, but only about 200 actively posting. If someone didn't quit the site or didn't post in such-and-such a time period, they were PMed that they were in danger of loosing their mailbox. If they didn't post in such-and-such a time after that, the mod would delete their mailbox.

So anyway, I thought I'd throw the idea out there. Do with it what you will. Wink

Hmm.... Just got around to reading this. Not ever having been a mod, I have no idea how realistic this is on this board, but from the perspective of a member, I really like the idea.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mutey, thanks for your reply. I think there's different levels of bias...and some are acceptable, but there's a line to be drawn, kwim? But I dont' think I've seen any of that with you or BK.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
Hmm.... Just got around to reading this. Not ever having been a mod, I have no idea how realistic this is on this board, but from the perspective of a member, I really like the idea.

There's a modification to this forum software that allows something very similar to what Silvermoon suggested. I'm not sure if it's been kept up to date with the software changes since I ran it, but I know it's out there Smile

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
JohnBigbootie
Casual Observer

Location: Holland township, New Jersey overlooking a truly panoramic expanse of the Delaware River Valley

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Taig...exhausted from the madness of the LG forum, driven completely insane by his attempts to uncover the gaylien conspiracy and attacked without end by certain members of this forum he can now barely take a breath without assistance from a respirator. He is nearly catatonic.

I spoke with him - or I should say visited with him - not long ago. His health is poor and he has the pallor of a man many times his age. His eyelids lay heavy with the sorrow and the pain only he knows. He is incontinent and unable to care for himself...he can only nod to say yes or bow his head to say no and that ability is sporadic.

He lays there repeating the same nonsensical phrase over and over: "The Flames! The Flames"

It is a sad sad thing to see. You people should be kinder and there are one or two here who bear a large part of the responsibility for destroying this kind and thoughful man. You know who you are and now you must live with it.

Flame others if you will but know the consequences of your actions
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tears run endlessly upon hearing this distressing news.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(edited and deleted beause acording to the flamer....I'm borderline Retarded....*sigh*)

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I also suggest something new???

On another forum we have a "Flame Fighters" thread... Now I know how it sounds but actually it's not a place to flame... It is a place to report flames so that the mod can handle it and the person reporting it doesn;t confront the flamer or get involved in the actual fight. It works pretty well and it helps the mods allot///
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
(edited and deleted beause acording to the flamer....I'm borderline Retarded....*sigh*)

Phew... well now at least I know it wasn't me.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:
Can I also suggest something new???

On another forum we have a "Flame Fighters" thread... Now I know how it sounds but actually it's not a place to flame... It is a place to report flames so that the mod can handle it and the person reporting it doesn;t confront the flamer or get involved in the actual fight. It works pretty well and it helps the mods allot///

kind of like the spam board, but for flamers. Sounds like a great idea, but it could also spark a more flames. I could see that happening in this board, seeing for some reason Trolls like to stalk you on this board.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: