Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

logic issues with cliffhangers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: logic issues with cliffhangers Reply with quote

everybody knows why every episode of the series needs a cliffhanger. however in the LG15 series, there is a serious logic error.

basicly, we buy into the idea that when Bree and Daniel or Jonas post a video, they are going to share with us any and all important information that they have gathered up until the date of the video post.

for example, the recent video "looking for daniel" ends with jonas and bree driving up a mountain. did they stop at an internet cafe halfway up and post the video? if so, why didnt they include something about that in the video? sort of a "weve been driving for four hours and we're going to post a video... and tell you what happens asap"

anybody agree with me? i mean, who makes a cliffhanger ending to a vlog? its just downright rude.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's a cliffhanger ending?
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i agree
but remember i don't think we are to consider this a vlog anymore

its just filmed that way.
I'd say its more so a character narated drama

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They often upload video's when it's unlikely they could. I try to ignore it, to enjoy the story
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems more forced to say "i'm going to upload this video, then" constantly.

if they post it, they obviously uploaded it. they don't need to sign off each time.
EliCash
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
anybody agree with me? i mean, who makes a cliffhanger ending to a vlog? its just downright rude.

Better than no video, in my opinion. I strongly disagree with you.
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
well i agree
but remember i don't think we are to consider this a vlog anymore

its just filmed that way.
I'd say its more so a character narated drama

thats fair

EliCash wrote:
Quote:

Better than no video, in my opinion. I strongly disagree with you.

thats just irrational.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tshindon
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I put myself in the place of a video blogger, I think I'd use the theory
of "leaving them wanting more so that they'll come back." They have always shown interest in video editing and stuff like that. I think they enjoy making entertaining videos. You just have to look to Youtube to see that people want the popularity and fame for their videos. I think it's clear that they want more then just to get the info out. It's fun for them, and at this point in their lives they don't have a lot to enjoy. Their lives are ripped out from under them, and the videos is a bit of their old life to hold on to. So if I was in their place and had an interest in vbloging, I'd want to make it fun and flashy maybe with the odd cliffhanger or misleading statement like Daniel did about hooking up with Bree.
EliCash
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
thats just irrational.

No, it isn't. What's irrational is that a couple of kids are on the run from a secret organization that has spread around the world completely unnoticed and has infiltrated the police and presumably governments. THAT'S what's irrational.

Not that they leave us hanging with the occasional cliffhanger.
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tshindon wrote:
If I put myself in the place of a video blogger, I think I'd use the theory
of "leaving them wanting more so that they'll come back." They have always shown interest in video editing and stuff like that. I think they enjoy making entertaining videos. You just have to look to Youtube to see that people want the popularity and fame for their videos. I think it's clear that they want more then just to get the info out. It's fun for them, and at this point in their lives they don't have a lot to enjoy. Their lives are ripped out from under them, and the videos is a bit of their old life to hold on to. So if I was in their place and had an interest in vbloging, I'd want to make it fun and flashy maybe with the odd cliffhanger or misleading statement like Daniel did about hooking up with Bree.

thats true... but some are over the top... like "is bree going to die before she can post the video?" ...stuff like that is too much.
Osei
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliCash wrote:

What's irrational is that a couple of kids are on the run from a secret organization that has spread around the world completely unnoticed and has infiltrated the police and presumably governments. THAT'S what's irrational.

Rolling Eyes

Actually, I would say that not only is the idea of that VERY rational, it is also VERY possible and plausible... do you know much about secret organizations/religions/cults at all?

Sorry, but I just had to say that... I'm tired of hearing people say that the whole premise of this series is illogical and would never happen in real life when, in fact, it actually DOES happen. (Well maybe not about the ceremony and stuff like that.. I have no idea, but I do know for a FACT that there are oganizations out there!)
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osei wrote:
EliCash wrote:

What's irrational is that a couple of kids are on the run from a secret organization that has spread around the world completely unnoticed and has infiltrated the police and presumably governments. THAT'S what's irrational.

Rolling Eyes

Actually, I would say that not only is the idea of that VERY rational, it is also VERY possible and plausible... do you know much about secret organizations/religions/cults at all?

Sorry, but I just had to say that... I'm tired of hearing people say that the whole premise of this series is illogical and would never happen in real life when, in fact, it actually DOES happen. (Well maybe not about the ceremony and stuff like that.. I have no idea, but I do know for a FACT that there are oganizations out there!)

True, there are situations like this, but they are unheard of. Just because we've never seen it on the news--does not mean that the events we have seen here are illogical. A lot of people run from things they are scared of also.

And dealing with the cliffhanger thing...These Vlogs aren't to be considered actual Vlogs. When the videos started, we had a beginning and an end to each vlog, but now as the story is progressing...we are getting to cliffhangers. We aren't supposed to think of this as a vlog, its like Kelly said..its more like a character drama. The purpose of the cliffhangers are to leave us guessing, speculating, and waiting for the next 'episode'.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
Jo_16_2
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the batteries of the camera ran off so they could record any more video Razz just joking Laughing

Sami wrote:
what's a cliffhanger ending?

a cliffhanger ending is the end of an episode that leaves every possibility open Wink

acording to wiki:

A cliffhanger or cliffhanger ending is a plot device in which a movie, novel, or other work of fiction contains an abrupt ending, often leaving the main characters in a precarious or difficult situation. This type of ending is used to ensure that, if a next installment is made, audiences will return to find out how the cliffhanger is resolved. The phrase comes from the classical end-of-episode situation in silent film days, with the protagonist left hanging from the edge of a cliff. Some serials end with the caveat "To be continued" (the series finales for Duckman and Clone High parodied this caveat). In television series, the following episode usually begins with a recap (AKA a "previously").
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliCash wrote:
Quote:
thats just irrational.

No, it isn't. What's irrational is that a couple of kids are on the run from a secret organization that has spread around the world completely unnoticed and has infiltrated the police and presumably governments. THAT'S what's irrational.

Not that they leave us hanging with the occasional cliffhanger.

i dont need to convince you. bleh. but you're missing my point. basicly, no sane person would ever leave us with such cliffhangers as the episode where bree's dad dies and the episode where jonas starts driving into "the mountians" ...its just goofy.

i can accept everything else but when the very concept of the series (the concept of characters posting v-logs) is violated... im just bummed out.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get what you are saying about the cliffhangers. It's a little frustrating, but at the same time, they have to keep the fans wanting to come back and see what's going to happen next.

Even as this is supposed to be a vlog, it's also a series that has to have fans logging in to see it, or it's a failure.

There is a very fine line between what's plausible and what's probable. I think the Creators are doing a pretty good job not crossing too far into either lane.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: