Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpAphid and Other Changes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: OpAphid and Other Changes Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

As I'm sure you noticed, we move the OpAphid videos to the left side of the video page. This is one of a few things we will be doing to make the viewing experience easier for a broader audience. Here are some things to bear in mind:

1) Although OpAphid and Tachyon videos are canon and part of the story, they are only required viewing if they are in the main video stream. That's why we moved OpAphid.

2) The OpAphid ARG is NOT REQUIRED. You do not need to play the game to understand the story. We will continue to hide clues and puzzles throughout the OpAphid, Tachyon, and LG15 videos... these all comprise the OpAphid ARG. You are welcome to play. We think you'll enjoy it!

3) Look for other videos being added to the left side in the future.

4) In the upcoming weeks we will be migrating all YouTube videos to the LG15 account on YouTube. YouTube will no longer be "part of the Breeniverse" from a suspension of disbelief standpoint. Meaning, post times etc. are not relevant to the story. ALL plot relevance will be found on our website (who posts, when they post, etc.).

5) In addition to posting all the YouTube videos on the LG15 account, we will be inserting single frames to act as thumbnails for the videos. These will include Bree and the LG15 logo. After observing view numbers over the past few months it is clear to us that having an identifiable thumbnail and posting to the LG15 account is important to bringing in a larger viewership. This is important for the ongoing success of the show.

6) We are working hard to build a much nicer version of the website with character profiles similar to YouTube. Additionally we will be adding functionality that makes it easier for you to upload your own stories that live within the Breeniverse (like lordgreystoke, marbella, itscassie, iris2009, etc.). We think you will really like it.

Thanks!

The Creators

EDIT: OpAphid is no longer the Official LG15 ARG. See this post for more information. Thank you.

Last edited by The Creators on Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not sure i like this... Confused
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see the problem with it

tach and op make the story a lot lot lot lot better

edit: and it looks like it is getting more fans in because there is almost 150 people online

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not concerned with them putting the arg videos in the canon section, i think thats a good idea. i'm concerned about them changing the lg15 videos on youtube.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: OpAphid and Other Changes Reply with quote

The Creators wrote:
1) Although OpAphid and Tachyon videos are canon and part of the story, they are only required viewing if they are in the main video stream. That's why we moved OpAphid.

4) In the upcoming weeks we will be migrating all YouTube videos to the LG15 account on YouTube. YouTube will no longer be "part of the Breeniverse" from a suspension of disbelief standpoint. Meaning, post times etc. are not relevant to the story. ALL plot relevance will be found on our website (who posts, when they post, etc.).

Will all the OpAphid and Tachyon videos be added to the LG15 account on YouTube as well?

By the way, great job with making the spy vids' placement more prominent. I appreciate you taking our advice on that over these last couple of months (first with the profile-web on YouTube, then with the gemmers19 hijacking, and now this).

The Creators wrote:
5) In addition to posting all the YouTube videos on the LG15 account, we will be inserting single frames to act as thumbnails for the videos. These will include Bree and the LG15 logo. After observing view numbers over the past few months it is clear to us that having an identifiable thumbnail and posting to the LG15 account is important to bringing in a larger viewership. This is important for the ongoing success of the show.

I completely understand the reasoning for this and have no problem with it (nor did it bother me when you did it with "The Unthinkable Happened").

.........I can't wait to see EliCash's reaction, though.
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:
i'm not concerned with them putting the arg videos in the canon section, i think thats a good idea. i'm concerned about them changing the lg15 videos on youtube.

You keep saying you don't like it and you're concerned with it but you don't say why.

It sounds like it will all be more organized.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: OpAphid and Other Changes Reply with quote

For an internet show to be different then a TV show it has to utilize the full power of the internet and that means interaction. That makes the ARG a necessary but...

Average views last 5 videos:
lonelygirl15(preCowboy): 408,653
Danielbeast: 138,203
jonastko: 94,375

gemmers19(preTachyon takeover): 95,782
gemmers19(Tachyon takeover): 20,182

OpAphid: 59,582
Tachyon(pre Gemma recap): 54,222
10033(Brother; 4 vids): 4,936

NikkiB: 4,751
itscassie: 1,690

In my experience while revver views are much lower, the percentages are the same. I'm no statistician but some things jump out at me. Approx. 1 in 4 lg15 viewers watch Jonas, Gemma and Daniel. It makes sense for the story that all lg15 story related videos fall under one account.

Approx. 1 in 7 lg15 viewers watch Op/Tach. OpAphid peaked at 131,767 and then had a 2 month lay off and now can't pull even 10,000 views. The gemmers/Tachyon crossover couldn't hold her viewers. I don't think these numbers suggest further intergration of the ARG. I think the right direction was the Gemma crossover and keeping it a spinoff. Clearly there should be a story representative of the Order and I don't see how it couldn't be her mother. Could you imagine the conflict of them trading vids back and forth, especially if she had Daniel?

I mentioned that what the internet offers that TV doesn't is interaction, to me that includes the ARG, community (chat/forum/commenters,) fan vids and new innovations not yet implemented. The chat's down, the forum is a mine field (but heading in the right direction I hope,) fan vids don't get much support and now further intergration of the ARG. I just don't see how this move serves the average fan.

I think it's clear with the fan vids that their popularity directly corresponds with how closely it ties in with the story. Having Bree casually mentioning the Homeschoolers Aggregrate and putting HSA in the tags would give that series a huge boost. Likewise having Jonas mention that he spent time in N.O. after Katrina for the relief effort and befriended a stray dog until they got separated would be a great nod to LordGreystoke. I mean, you did it for Orange Slurpee. The more I think about the YouTube style character profile pages, the more intrigued I become. I see it sort of like a combination of the current membership profiles where you import your video history and the background info found in the LGpedia. One suggestion there, beta test it with some fan vid makers and get their input before you release it.

Finally, chat! It seems like if it's not a Flash based A/V chat then it's nothing at all! A simple java chat would do as a temporary fix.

I'll be honest- I'm not invested in this as I used to be and while I appreciate the update, I more or less feel the same.
LadyBugGirl
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main question is, is a dvd of these shows ever going to be released for sale?? I would be willing to buy it (I tried to save some of the episodes but there are just too many and I can't use all my computer space on lg15 episodes). Smile
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyboy wrote:
colbertnationgirl wrote:

You keep saying you don't like it and you're concerned with it but you don't say why.

It sounds like it will all be more organized.

it would be, but a lot less like a vlog. i am just worried that by doing this the creators will compromise the medium of the series.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: OpAphid and Other Changes Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
I think it's clear with the fan vids that their popularity directly corresponds with how closely it ties in with the story. Having Bree casually mentioning the Homeschoolers Aggregrate and putting HSA in the tags would give that series a huge boost. Likewise having Jonas mention that he spent time in N.O. after Katrina for the relief effort and befriended a stray dog until they got separated would be a great nod to LordGreystoke. I mean, you did it for Orange Slurpee. The more I think about the YouTube style character profile pages, the more intrigued I become. I see it sort of like a combination of the current membership profiles where you import your video history and the background info found in the LGpedia. One suggestion there, beta test it with some fan vid makers and get their input before you release it.

That was quick! LOL
From LGPedia: Daniel's remark about the pizza and ice cream is clearly a reference to Lordgreystoke422.
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: OpAphid and Other Changes Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
immortal1 wrote:

That was quick! LOL
From LGPedia: Daniel's remark about the pizza and ice cream is clearly a reference to Lordgreystoke422.

Actually..it's not exactly a nod... Pizza and Ice Cream were OpAphid's idea originally. I just took it and ran with it to mock them..plus..everyone likes pizza and ice cream. So..in a way... SOMEONE with OpAphid access got drunk or SOMETHING..and very briefly posted on the YouTube Channel they were coming to torment me and there would be pizza and ice cream. Honestly..this original nod was actually intended to be more of a slight at me. You can see the cancellation message in my Video "I Scream for OpAphid" http://one.revver.com/watch/99213/flv/affiliate/28541 .
The original appearance of this message was EVER so brief..but...Pizza and Ice Cream are "Carrots" utilized in OpAphids conditioning program...I just stole it and made it mine.

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lookyz
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In the upcoming weeks we will be migrating all YouTube videos to the LG15 account on YouTube. YouTube will no longer be "part of the Breeniverse" from a suspension of disbelief standpoint. Meaning, post times etc. are not relevant to the story. ALL plot relevance will be found on our website (who posts, when they post, etc.).

Awww...I loved the feeling of discovery that youtube provided. But, it seems to be pretty uncooperative lately, so it's understood.

In-Game sites would be best for the OpAphid stuff. Putting them all on Lg15.com makes it seem like everyone is on the same side (not doing they're own sinister thangs). I'm hoping it was you guys who bought up opaphid.org/.com .

Keep up the good work! Seriously think about an east coast character!
Logan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lookyz wrote:

Keep up the good work! Seriously think about an east coast character!

If you read the Creators' explanation again, I think you'll see a very interesting opportunity there.

Think about it.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting the ones they mention specifically:

"Additionally we will be adding functionality that makes it easier for you to upload your own stories that live within the Breeniverse (like lordgreystoke, marbella, itscassie, iris2009, etc.)."

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:
Interesting the ones they mention specifically:

"Additionally we will be adding functionality that makes it easier for you to upload your own stories that live within the Breeniverse (like lordgreystoke, marbella, itscassie, iris2009, etc.)."

with my next series of videos..trust me I'm going to be on that list too....

Cool

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: