Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpAphid and Other Changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note the change to the OpAphid area of the forums as well to represent the newest story arc of the ARG. Older threads from the "I in OpAphid" forum were moved to "Prologue", which is an archive of older discussions.
licoricesniper
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with it all being in one place. That just means I don't have to jump around from website to website to try to figure out what the hell is going on, and that's fine by me.

DO IT!!!
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering how we are going to message those involved in the ARG. YouTube accounts were the way that we got confirmation regarding certain things from the PM's in character. How is that going to work now?
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
I'm just wondering how we are going to message those involved in the ARG. YouTube accounts were the way that we got confirmation regarding certain things from the PM's in character. How is that going to work now?

the main page note system i'm assuming.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
Ziola wrote:

the main page note system i'm assuming.

Evil or Very Mad

Not to you, to the main page note system being how we get in touch with everyone. I never go to the main page anymore.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my question as well Z. We have always used YouTube as an email system for the in game characters. If YouTube isn't going to be utilized anymore, how will we communicate w/ them? Private Messages on the boards? Private email accounts?

Plus I thought the whole point of this was that Bree was just a regular girl posting blogs on YouTube like normal folk? Now she is going to have her own website? How'd she manage that, from an "in-character" standpoint? Her parents didn't even like her posting her vids, but they let her design a website?

Just some thoughts...
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like not having the Youtube vids, because what happens to Grillz, etc video's and the LGpedia links,
Miles no offense but i dont think all the LGpedia Editors would like to go through and redo all the links on LGpedia.

I dont have a prob doing it, but some may.
girlAnachronism
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no more tachyon/op profile updates? I enjoyed finding a new puzzle in there...
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladron121 wrote:
That's my question as well Z. We have always used YouTube as an email system for the in game characters. If YouTube isn't going to be utilized anymore, how will we communicate w/ them? Private Messages on the boards? Private email accounts?

That seems like a valid concern, but I imagine it can be handled easily enough through the in-character section here on the site, or through private messages.

ladron121 wrote:
Plus I thought the whole point of this was that Bree was just a regular girl posting blogs on YouTube like normal folk? Now she is going to have her own website? How'd she manage that, from an "in-character" standpoint? Her parents didn't even like her posting her vids, but they let her design a website?

Lonelygirl15.com is -- as the banner at the top says when not logged into one's account -- "a tribute to lonelygirl15." One or more of her in-universe fans created this site for her (in the fictional world) and maintain it. It's been referenced multiple times in the episodes, and Bree has communicated with her fans through it on several occasions.

As for how Bree's going to be uploading her videos (in-universe), I imagine she'll be using Revver just as she has been for some time. The videos aren't uploaded here to LG15.com after all. They're just embedded here.

As far as the storyline goes, I guess Bree started on YouTube, eventually began using Revver too, and then just began using only Revver.
liley1
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: OpAphid and Other Changes Reply with quote

"4) In the upcoming weeks we will be migrating all YouTube videos to the LG15 account on YouTube. YouTube will no longer be "part of the Breeniverse" from a suspension of disbelief standpoint. Meaning, post times etc. are not relevant to the story. ALL plot relevance will be found on our website (who posts, when they post, etc.)"

I took this to mean that all new vids would be posted on to Bree's Youtube account rather than having separate accounts for Daniel, Jonas, Opaphed etc, not that videos would no longer be posted on Youtube at all. Did I miss something??

Smile
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: OpAphid and Other Changes Reply with quote

liley1 wrote:
"4) In the upcoming weeks we will be migrating all YouTube videos to the LG15 account on YouTube. YouTube will no longer be "part of the Breeniverse" from a suspension of disbelief standpoint. Meaning, post times etc. are not relevant to the story. ALL plot relevance will be found on our website (who posts, when they post, etc.)"

I took this to mean that all new vids would be posted on to Bree's Youtube account rather than having separate accounts for Daniel, Jonas, Opaphed etc, not that videos would no longer be posted on Youtube at all. Did I miss something??

Smile

You are correct. Bree's YouTube account will be used as the presentation medium to reach the 'general public' (those who do not visit the website). All of the characters videos will be uploaded to the lonelygirl15 account to reach a wider audience.
Scrawnyfish
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:
i'm not concerned with them putting the arg videos in the canon section, i think thats a good idea. i'm concerned about them changing the lg15 videos on youtube.
Me too..
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the idea.
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html

Last edited by Marbella on Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I misunderstood some things, re-read the content and then wanted to delete this whole post. I've got it now! Hurray for me! Sorry for the wasted space in response.

Again, the new idea rocks!!
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html

Last edited by Marbella on Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbella wrote:
So, the YouTube account isn't going away but other accounts are merging with Bree's?

Does that include fan videos, such as mine and itscassie, etc.

I believe they're just saying instead of a separate YouTube account for Bree, Danielbeast, Jonas, Gemma, Tachyon, etc., all of the LG15 canon vids are going to be hosted on the lonelygirl15 YouTube page.

They'll still be on www.lonelygirl15.com, and fan videos will still be able to be submitted as responses there. Plus, you can still submit your response videos on YouTube the same way.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: