Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpAphid and Other Changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoorayForMeImMakingOut
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do they want to merge all the videos onto LG's account? Is it simply because it will be easier to just log into one account in order to access everthing?

Tag, you're it.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayForMeImMakingOut wrote:
Why do they want to merge all the videos onto LG's account? Is it simply because it will be easier to just log into one account in order to access everthing?

The LG15 account generates significantly more views than any of the other characters. By consolidating all of the videos there, it ensures they will all be seen. LG15 is the number 1 most subscribed to account on YouTube – none of the other characters even come close.
TessaRoo
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
HoorayForMeImMakingOut wrote:

The LG15 account generates significantly more views than any of the other characters. By consolidating all of the videos there, it ensures they will all be seen. LG15 is the number 1 most subscribed to account on YouTube – none of the other characters even come close.

Ok so, I kind of understand, do you mean that more people look at the lg15 site when they are looking for the videos? haha Im a bit confused. (dont worry trainer its not hard to confuse me)
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TessaRoo wrote:
Ok so, I kind of understand, do you mean that more people look at the lg15 site when they are looking for the videos? haha Im a bit confused. (dont worry trainer its not hard to confuse me)

I'm referring to YouTube. More people view the 'Bree' videos YouTube than view 'Daniel', 'Jonas', 'Gemma' or any of the OpA character vids. By moving every character to 'Bree's account', viewership for the other characters will increase.
More views for the other characters means greater understanding of the story for the viewers who have been missing them. That should translate into better overall numbers at YouTube, Revver and this site and an overall increase in the fan base.
Shastacat2
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand this idea and the resoning behind it. I just have one question about it. Many times Opaphid, or Tachyon will give clues or hints on their You Tube account to help with the game play. Will the accounts still be updated this way or will there a be a new way to get clues and hints
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the area we are not completely clear about. Eventually, all of the characters will have profiles here at the LG15 website - similar to the YT profile pages. These new profiles will be updated with clues, communication, etc. Until then, I would suspect that communication with the ARG characters will continue as it has - via YouTube. Keep checking the announcements for any changes.
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
Marbella wrote:
So, the YouTube account isn't going away but other accounts are merging with Bree's?

Does that include fan videos, such as mine and itscassie, etc.

I believe they're just saying instead of a separate YouTube account for Bree, Danielbeast, Jonas, Gemma, Tachyon, etc., all of the LG15 canon vids are going to be hosted on the lonelygirl15 YouTube page.

They'll still be on www.lonelygirl15.com, and fan videos will still be able to be submitted as responses there. Plus, you can still submit your response videos on YouTube the same way.

But the Tachyon/Brother/OpAphid YT accounts are used in game. We email them, we check for profile updates, and sometimes they favorite other videos that are important to the game.

What of that?

EDIT -- Uh, my bad. Apparently you already answered my question when I was posting it. Wink
stuart2004
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an Idea I recently had was maybe an intro for the LG vids.... some kinda smooth rhythm with some clips of character intreraction..... ending in a check out the breeniverse thingy...trust mne it looks really good in my head.........lol

anyway you could tag this to tge beginning of all the cannon LG vids.......... and you could even give a fan vid intro to some of your prefered (or more accepted) fan vids......I.E. Dr. Immant, ApotheosisAZ, LGStoke422........the list goes on.... they can put that on their vids ...its free advertising and it gives them a big shout out..........kinda as a nod of approval from you guys......

its low cost and reletively easy to do......it would give you your thumb nail and would not be as aggravating as a random thumbnail in the middle of each vid.......

antagonist of the LG Defense Force
TessaRoo
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
TessaRoo wrote:

I'm referring to YouTube. More people view the 'Bree' videos YouTube than view 'Daniel', 'Jonas', 'Gemma' or any of the OpA character vids. By moving every character to 'Bree's account', viewership for the other characters will increase.
More views for the other characters means greater understanding of the story for the viewers who have been missing them. That should translate into better overall numbers at YouTube, Revver and this site and an overall increase in the fan base.

Ok I get it, Thanks!!! Very Happy
krig
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: OpAphid and Other Changes Reply with quote

The Creators wrote:

3) Look for other videos being added to the left side in the future.

Hmmm.....NikkiBowerReport? itscassie?

Edited to add: Never mind on itscassie, I just reread this:

The Creators wrote:
Additionally we will be adding functionality that makes it easier for you to upload your own stories that live within the Breeniverse (like lordgreystoke, marbella, itscassie, iris2009, etc.). We think you will really like it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: