Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xeniph - [discussion] Have you seen my vids?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you seen my vids?
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 22

Xeniph
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Xeniph - [discussion] Have you seen my vids? Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm not blatantly advertising my vids. I just want to know if anyone has seen them. I've seen a lot of discussion of all the other fanvids, but mine seem to be being dismissed or ignored. I know I'm gonna get flamers on here telling me how crappy I look and so on, but for those of you who are sincere...
1) What can I do to make my vids more...I dunno...interesting to the general public (ie: talked about)
2) What do you think of them in general? Anything I can work on?
3) Would anyone be interested if I did something that would let people become involved in the storyline? (I know, not as exciting as Bree's story, but I try. ^_^)
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: reply to Xeniph Reply with quote

Hi Xeniph-
I have seen your videos, and I wish I had some helpful remarks. It seems to me that finding an audience is pretty complicated as it hinges on a few things. It certainly has to do with presenting a compelling video. But I also think there are a few other issues that make it more of a luck-of-the-draw situation. Sometimes it has to do with the whim and fancy of the current lg15 forum posters at a particular time. If there are people looking for mysteries, then they tend to go for videos like TravelerJ. People who are looking for a lighthearted romp through the Breeniverse can find it in the adorable and effervescent NikkiBower. Those interested in creepiness can go for itscassie. Itskassie is great for a laugh. Paul and Andrea are great for a connection to Bree and Daniel's past life. Greystoke is great, well, for Greystoke. Some people have stories or intriguing visuals or neat one-shot deals, etc. Unless one fits into a unique niche and satisfies someone's need for something, it seems to me that having people see and discuss videos could also have to do with longevity. Or perhaps it has to do with the lg15 story (giving people something to watch while waiting for the next lg15 video).

Keep toying with ideas that engage you. Enjoying the time spent making videos is most important to me (but I make a pretty cheesy video). Eventually, I am sure people will begin to notice.

As I check over the spelling of this reply, it seems like I haven't really given you anything but encouragement (no helpful ideas, no slick editing tricks--I just don't have any). I am sorry if I sound like a mother on some sappy sitcom who says, "Just be yourself..." It take a lot of courage to put yourself out there, so good for you. Just be persistent and realistic about your videos. The skillful, artistic ARG OpAphid was a fan-creation, however, I don't think there will be many fan creations that crossover into the story unless they are "OpAphid good." Just enjoy your ability to be creative and allow yourself to keep getting better (yes I know, this comes from a person who spend more time typing text for videos than editing video footage Embarassed )

Anyhow, hang in there.
gogo
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniph i have watched your video's, well i watch everyones, i love to see how everyone interacts with the story and i do hope to see more of your video's along with everyone elses. Smile
Xeniph
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Iris and gogo! I will take your advice. Everyone else: I'll be waiting to hear from you!
*salutes*
Xeniph
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me also clarify point three...I'm talking about something like taking suggestions as to where my Dad might be or what to do next...I've sort of hit a dead end there. I don't know where else to go that might help.
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try contacting other people that make Fan video's maybe that will help. Smile
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniph,

There's nothing wrong with a little shameless self promotion. You can use this section to announce to the entire world (well, our little piece of it) that you have a new video out. Make sure you provide a link. Wink

Trainer
Xeniph
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha. Thanks, trainer, I'll do that, but I usually don't like to annoy people with blatant self-promotion. Seems like I'm beggin for attention. Which I am. LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT MEEEE! *cough cough* Okay, now that I've got that out of my system, back to the topic at hand.
Xeniph
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iris2009 wrote:

Did that with some of them. Nikki B. said she'd try to help, but Cassie hasn't replied. So far none of the others have, either. Seems like their so interested in getting "canon" that they're focusing on all their own storylines and aren't interested in interacting with each other. Personally, I think it would be great!
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniph wrote:
Iris2009 wrote:

Did that with some of them. Nikki B. said she'd try to help, but Cassie hasn't replied. So far none of the others have, either. Seems like their so interested in getting "canon" that they're focusing on all their own storylines and aren't interested in interacting with each other. Personally, I think it would be great!

Im sure some one out there will help! Smile
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not seen them and I probably never will.
Brucker
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need more shameless self-promotion. I haven't seen your videos because I didn't know about them until now. Give me a link!

My advice is the advice I try to give myself in any artistic endeavor: Think about what you really want to do, and then do it! Sounds over-simple, but my point is that I've made three videos (one not yet released) that I made simply because I thought it would be fun. I don't actually care if people watch them or rate them high or tell me my videos rule/suck. If you know what you want and you have fun doing it, little else matters.

Now if you want fame and fortune from your videos, then you're obviously going to have to work harder at it, and you may not succeed in the end, so be ready for that. Feedback is good for that obviously, but you'll never please everybody, so make sure you're pleasing yourself first. (I know what readers are thinking, don't go there...)

Teen1: He's cool.
Teen2: Are you being sarcastic, dude?
Teen1: I don't even know anymore.

(The Simpsons, "Homerpalooza")
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have watched your videos, and I enjoy them. I especially enjoy watching your progress from your first video to your most recent. There are so many fan fic vids popping up now, that sometimes you do have to make a little noise to get noticed. I'm glad you posted. Keep at it and you will find your audience Smile
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenith, your videos intrigue me a lot and I enjoy them.

The last one you did really stood out in my mind.

I really love the unfloudering support here that I feel from the Creators and general forum moderators, along with my friends here on the forum. The encouragement has helped me feel confident to take more risks to grow and develop as a producer, actor, etc.

Remember that each time you promote yourself, you promote lonelygirl, too. They get a free ad. Little by little, you grow to have a style in your own right, and have the opportunity to have a creative growth experience. That's why there's nothing wrong with shouting it out!!!
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen all of them now, Xeniph. I had seen a couple of them before, but I just watched the others on your Revver account.

Xeniph's Videos

My answers to your questions:

1) Shameless self-promotion is not to be looked down upon. It has served me well.

2) In general, I liked all your videos. The best advice I can offer is this: don't criticize yourself or your own abilities in your videos.

3) I would be very interested in seeing you incorporate something into the storyline that would let people become involved, provided you do it in a safe manner.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: