Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Youtube cracking down on lonelygirl?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Binvolian
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Is Youtube cracking down on lonelygirl? Reply with quote

It seems like ever since the series got interesting again with the disappearance of Daniel either the youtube ratings have plummeted to less then half of what it was or youtube is not updating the counts as they should. For instance it took them two days to say the "Miss Me" video had more then 600 views and the "Me for Daniel" one has been up for 12 hours and still says 400 views.

Is youtube doing this to keep lonelygirl off the daily charts of most watched videos due to so many vicious complaints from people who hate the whole series and want them kicked off those charts? I talked to one of them today and this guy was so venemous about it he sent a long ass email explaining how it was his goal to kick the show off the site and he sent me this petition that apparently hundreds had already signed for youtube to remove the lonelygirl account.

I think those people are being so ridiculous and if youtube starts bowing to their demands and cause the ratings to fall by not reporting the counts for days so that their precious charts are not clutttered up by a video or two then that's just asinine.
jill2009
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never watch LG on YouTube anymore because I just come to this site. A lot of other people have done that, so that might account for part of the reason why there is less viewership.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always watch on the revver site. It's just better quality.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't make sense for YouTube to do that sort of thing. Sure, there may have a petition going around like that, but if it has hundreds of signatures, that is really a small fraction of the people there who are enjoying the videos there.

Also, YouTube gets to sell advertising on the site. For them to take any issue with LG15 would cost them money.

Lastly, this particular interesting topic is a valid concern. It has been posted in the area of the forum where we all come to discuss the LG15 videos, not YouTube.

So, I am going to help everyone by moving this topic to the Concerns and Complaints area of the forum where it will surely receive the attention it deserves!

Thanks for posting this!

Smile
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is another YouTube counter glitch (Lord knows they have enough of them).

Compare the numbers from other videos. For example "The Cowboy":
587 ratings
Views: 163,330
There are 278 views for every rating since most people don't bother to click the little stars. This trend can be found in all of the "Bree" videos.

Extrapolate the numbers and what you actually have is close to 111,500 views for "Me For Daniel" even though it currently reads "401 ratings/Views: 488". Check back in a few days and you'll see that the numbers will bear this out. This is also the reason all the canon character videos will be posted there - more viewers.

Lonelygirl15 is the number 1 most subscribed to channel on YouTube. For YT to mess with it would be like a network cancelling their number one TV program. That only happens when the star "retires".
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really matter what its ranking is? As long as we enjoy it, who cares?
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutoPilate wrote:
Does it really matter what its ranking is? As long as we enjoy it, who cares?

its only important in term of the creators making the show profitable enough to continue, i think.

binvolian - i don't think there is any conspiracy against lg15 on youtube. many hardcore "real" vloggers have spoken out against lg15, and although they are vocal, they are clearly a minority of the youtube audience. vloggers rarely get high view counts on their videos - even check out the winekone, the #9 most subscribed channel - only 18,000 views on his last video, which is a week old. the most viewed videos on youtube are consistently: copyrighted clips from somewhere on tv, scam videos (e.g., "britney nude"), pratfalls/goof videos, and comedy videos (e.g., dick in a box and spoofs of it). lonelygirl15 is one of the few original productions that can even compete with this crap. i agree that it would make no sense for youtube to penalize lg15 (which has never even been featured by youtube as far as i'm aware--that would certainly drive the "real" vloggers insane.).
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to keep a sense of perspective too. The Super Bowl was just this past weekend in case everyone forgot, naturally other clips are going to surge for a while. Let's not turn into Chicken Littles just yet.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would a website mess with all the free advertising that a show like this brings allong? Confused
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't understand the hatred over there. I mean, some of them say the Creators lied and what not...but that's not true. They never claimed Bree was a real girl. People just assumed that she was...and LG vids are no different than hundreads of other serial vieos done by actors on that site. Nor are they different from those advertising their products, TV shows or networks.

I think they're just jealous that it was truly an original and a lot of them feel embarassed that they felt it was "real".
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect, this is a non-issue. Who cares if they say the Creators lied? What are they going to do? Sue? If they want to moan and wail and gnash their teeth, let them. I have better things to do than to whine about whiners.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutoPilate wrote:
With all due respect, this is a non-issue. Who cares if they say the Creators lied? What are they going to do? Sue? If they want to moan and wail and gnash their teeth, let them. I have better things to do than to whine about whiners.

then stop whining about the whiners Razz

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean the people posting in this thread, dagnabit. Laughing
lostgamer
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutoPilate if they whine to much it might anoy bree or any one else from lg15 and make them quit
or
new pepole wont start to wach

and like somone else had sade
if pepole stop waching it or not enuf new pepole joine in to make up for the pepole we lose almost evry day then

thell say hey its pount less to make this now
that we could get another job that we will have more vewers and get paid

your favrit tv show dose not stay around if it is not wached by over a certin amount
lookyz
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5955

Looks like this will be the main site "for reals" soon. I'm glad - I'm so tired of the kiddies swearing on the comments. It just detracts from the whole experience. It astounds me that people are angry that it's fake - and that they feel the need to viciously attack the actors and series.

so stupid...so sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: