Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

itscassie - [discussion] The itscassie/canon question....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In-Depth Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goofus_n_Gallant
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: itscassie - [discussion] The itscassie/canon question.... Reply with quote

I've seen more of the "itscassie is canon" speculation lately.

I'm probably going to sound like Simon on American Idol. ("I don't mean to be rude, but...")

For itscassie to be canon, the Creators would at some point have to explain why they chose this video thread to feature someone who is clearly not an actress, written by someone who is clearly an amateur screenwriter, and demonstrate production values clearly inferior to LG15. She talks too much. She rambles. She over-emotes. The videos show no knowledge of lighting or any other aspect of video production. It's like a girl at slumber party trying to improvise a scary story for her friends.

LG15 videos, on the other hand, seem to be created by people who know their craft and who use that knowledge to give a realistic impression of teenage kid videos (even though they are actually tightly produced, lit, edited, written, etc.).

The girl who creates itscassie actually is a kid trying to produce a video in the same vein, which is why--despite her best efforts--they are clunky in nearly every regard.

Every LG15 video ends with me saying to myself, "is that all?" They advance the plot a little and then I can't wait for the next installment. Itscassie videos are so rambling I can honestly say I've never been able to watch one all the way through, nor do they appear to contain any element that advances the plot.

Actually, if I were one of the Creators, it would hurt my feelings a little that some LG15 fans can't tell the difference between their work and itscassie.

I hope that doesn't come across as a flamable opinion. It is just that--my opinion.
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its many people's opinion, including mine. i've never been able to stand itscassie. its kind of funny, because in the beginning everyone was like "itscassie is lame" and now people want to know if she's canon.
jobee13
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't this be in the Cassieiswatching/itscassie section Question
islandlove
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think itscassie is fan made

the editing is nothing like the rest of the videos
lonelyfan13
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but try and defend her...so here I go!

The talking too much/rambling. Ummm...have you seen the 2 most recent videos from LG15? All it is talking and rambling! If anything, I find Cassie's dialouge to be much more interesting than Jonas or Bree stating nothing but the obvious and still leaving too much left unsaid!

The fact that she is a kid, and is doing so well, is impressive to me. She's just like you and me, we know this, the fans know this, and thats why we like her. We know shes not canon, shes just keeping up with the story. I mean, c'mon, you know she doesn't have any of that fancy equipment, shes just a fan, and obviously does her best with what shes got, and its pretty damn good!

As far as complaining about lighting....you must be kiddding! The videos are supposed to be in the dark with bad lighting! To me, its what makes it more believable that she is infact kidnapped and filming from her little room with no light but the tv!

I agree with you that cassie does not advance the LG15 plot, because well, its not supposed to! Its created by a fan! It does however advance her own plot, which is just as exciting, if not more than LG15.

Now the creators should have hurt feelings because some people are convinced she's canon? Give me a break! If they have hurt feelings, then they should try and grow up! Immitation is the highest form of flattery.

Since you said you have never been able to watch a whole cassie video all the way through, how can you even make some of these assumptions!?

Seeing your post just made me want to scream! It discourages other fans from starting there own fan-fictions, and isn't that what Lg15 is all about? Fan interaction? I know after reading your post, I am now terrified to make any kind of response video, knowing people like you would put me down and make me feel like the scum of the earth just because I dont have the proper lighting equipment, or the best camera.

I must say though, you did criticize in a very mature way, I have seen much worse, less respectful post then yours. And I respect other's rights to not like something, I mean, c'mon, I hate Jonas and I hope the order kills him off, but thats just me.

Oh and I always agree with Simon on American Idol. lol
and I dont mean to attack you or anything rude, I just had to point all that out. be cool Cool
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Goofus_n_Gallant (love the handle!),

Thanks for joining us on the LG15 Forum! I'm just going to move this over to the CiW/Cassie Spin-off threads so that other itscassie fans can comment on itscassie's authenticity or potential canon-ness.

Thanks! Smile

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Where are the itscassie video discussions, etc.? What's the name of that thread? Cassie Is Watching & Cassie Spin-offs. Spin offs...

Canon characters don't linger for months on end like this. Canon characters have their own section up there with Bree, Daniel, Gemma, Op, etc. Canon characters are NOT denied by the creators. Frankly, constantly questioning the canon of a character is depreciating the work the fan put into their videos. Why not just enjoy the fanfic for what it is...and if it's canon, they'll let us know.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelyfan13 wrote:

The talking too much/rambling. Ummm...have you seen the 2 most recent videos from LG15? All it is talking and rambling! If anything, I find Cassie's dialouge to be much more interesting than Jonas or Bree stating nothing but the obvious and still leaving too much left unsaid!

The fact that she is a kid, and is doing so well, is impressive to me. She's just like you and me, we know this, the fans know this, and thats why we like her. We know shes not canon, shes just keeping up with the story. I mean, c'mon, you know she doesn't have any of that fancy equipment, shes just a fan, and obviously does her best with what shes got, and its pretty damn good!

As far as complaining about lighting....you must be kiddding! The videos are supposed to be in the dark with bad lighting! To me, its what makes it more believable that she is infact kidnapped and filming from her little room with no light but the tv!

I agree with you that cassie does not advance the LG15 plot, because well, its not supposed to! Its created by a fan! It does however advance her own plot, which is just as exciting, if not more than LG15.

Now the creators should have hurt feelings because some people are convinced she's canon? Give me a break! If they have hurt feelings, then they should try and grow up! Immitation is the highest form of flattery.

Since you said you have never been able to watch a whole cassie video all the way through, how can you even make some of these assumptions!?

Seeing your post just made me want to scream! It discourages other fans from starting there own fan-fictions, and isn't that what Lg15 is all about? Fan interaction? I know after reading your post, I am now terrified to make any kind of response video, knowing people like you would put me down and make me feel like the scum of the earth just because I dont have the proper lighting equipment, or the best camera.

I must say though, you did criticize in a very mature way, I have seen much worse, less respectful post then yours. And I respect other's rights to not like something, I mean, c'mon, I hate Jonas and I hope the order kills him off, but thats just me.

Oh and I always agree with Simon on American Idol. lol
and I dont mean to attack you or anything rude, I just had to point all that out. be cool Cool

Now...I am one of those not claiming she's canon...and I am not saying I don't like her. She's disappointed me in her last couple of videos...but she's not canon. I'm not disrespecting her by saying that. I think it's disrespectful to dwell on the canon question, personally. The creators encouraged fanfic, so to me it's super silly when people go on and on debating whether fanfic is more than it is. There are always suspicions, sure...but after a couple weeks it's safe to say it's not. That and the whole creators saying itscassis won't be made canon. Cassie was the creators character, if she enters the series, it will be their incarnation of cassie.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love itscassie. She is sooo funny... and... wierd. Really wierd Smile she just great Razz
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with kasdeja. Fan-created videos are encouraged. To constantly bring up the question of canon always leads to bringing up why it is not canon, which always involves negative points about a video. I have made videos, and for about a day, I watched people debate just how crappy my videos were (which I already knew) and how they were/weren't a part of the official story (which they are not and will never be). However, it still felt pretty bad to see people harp on my videos' faults over and over.

Some people do not submit videos to try to "get into the story." Some people just have fun playing along through videos. I think it's great to just watch viewer-created videos that appeal to you, share comments here if you choose, follow the story if you choose and just accept them for what they are.

I am not discouraging the examination of videos or how they relate to the official story. There was reasonable Gemma and Jonas speculation. However, like kasdeja said, if any videos become part of the story, we'll know sooner than later by pretty quick acknowledgement from the official characters.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Goofus_n_Gallant
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelyfan13 wrote:

No need to! I don't think I made my point very well and caused a little confusion.

My point was I couldn't believe the number of people who have continually suggested itscassie is canon when it can be so easily shown that nothing in those videos suggests the same creative hand as is behind LG15. And that was my only point.

I think I stated the case so emphatically that it came off like I was beating up on some poor fan making her own videos. I probably sounded mean. (Worse, hypocritcal because I am older than she is and can't make videos as well as she does).

So, you don't have defend her. She's just doing her thing and it's OK. They aren't my cup of tea but so what? I apologize for the confusion.

Also...about the creators getting their feelings hurt--it's just a little empathy. Any artist wants to believe their work is unmistakeably unique. It jars you when you think it may not be. Even though the styles of the video threads in this story can be very different from each other, there's a professional quality that helps you tell which are canon and which are not almost immediately

The only time I was wrong in guessing was cassieiswatching, which seemed like it could have been the real deal.
Goofus_n_Gallant
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flautapantera wrote:
Hey, Goofus_n_Gallant (love the handle!),

Thanks for joining us on the LG15 Forum! I'm just going to move this over to the CiW/Cassie Spin-off threads so that other itscassie fans can comment on itscassie's authenticity or potential canon-ness.

Thanks! Smile

Thanks for all you do to make this story even more fun. I want to get to the ending but I don't want it to end.....
lonelyfan13
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok G_n_G (if I may call you that)

I understand now what you were saying, and its perfectly reasonable. I too am sick of all the is is canon!? How about now!? Is it canon now? maybe now it is!?

I also enjoy fan created material, and I love to watch everyone play along! Even though it may look like there trying to desperately appear canon, there really just playing along and following the story, and they wouldnt be as good if they didnt do that.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelyfan13, I am beginning to suspect that you are canon...
Think

(just kidding)
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
lonelyfan13
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not canon yet, but maybe you should make the same post in a few other threads! lol Laughing Oh wait! whats this!? The creators just said im now canon! horray!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In-Depth Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: