Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clues to Her Religion in the Cookie Video

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minuet
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Clues to Her Religion in the Cookie Video Reply with quote

In the cookie video, LG says they made 4 recipes, but only 3 are scored (with the numbers that correspond to Crowley's birthdate).

The second cookie that is tried by Daniel is not scored. LG says that cookie comes from Scotland. Daniel tries it and says "It's horrible" (I think, the volume is low).

I was previously aware of the Thelemic religion and the Gnostic Mass that Crowley favored. Part of that mass involves an eucharist that used "cakes of light". The recipe is truly foul, involving blood "influenced by the moon" (in other words, menstrual blood) and sometimes semen, among other possible ingredients. There are theological reasons for the recipe that I won't get in to here.

So, knowing that, I crossreferenced Crowley with Scotland, and got a hit on Wikipedia right away...so if someone already mentioned and posted this info, I apologize for the repetition. Here is the information that came up:

Boleskine House
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Thelema

The Book of the Law
Aleister Crowley
Thelemic mysticism
Magick
Works of Crowley
A.'.A.'. · O.T.O.
WikiProject 93

Boleskine House (boll-ESS-kin) was the estate of Aleister Crowley from 1899 to 1913. It is located on the South-Eastern shore of Loch Ness in Scotland. It was built in the late 18th century by Archibald Fraser.

Crowley purchased the home in order to perform the operation found in The Book of the Sacred Magick of Abra-Melin the Mage. In order to perform it, Crowley (1989) says,

One must have a house where proper precautions against disturbance can be taken; this being arranged, there is really nothing to do but to aspire with increasing fervor and concentration, for six months, towards the obtaining of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel.

In Confessions (Ch. 22), he continues:

The first essential is a house in a more or less secluded situation. There should be a door opening to the north from the room of which you make your oratory. Outside this door, you construct a terrace covered with fine river sand. This ends in a "lodge" where the spirits may congregate.

The Kiblah of Thelema

Aleister Crowley considered Boleskine to be the Thelemic Kiblah[1]. This is an Arabic word which refers to the direction of Mecca, the holiest shrine of Islam. It has a slightly different meaning in Thelema: it is mentioned in several rituals written by Crowley, where it is identified with the East. Specifically the Gnostic Mass and Liber Reguli [2] both identify the principal orientation (sometimes known as "Magical East") as being towards Boleskine. It is considered to be the focal point of the magical energies (also called the "93 Current") of the Aeon of Horus, similar to Jerusalem of Christianity and Mecca of Islam.

I thought this was interesting, especially the last part about the "Kiblah of Thelema" As far as I can see, this is more cleverly planted evidence designed to point to Crowley and the religion he is known for. What do you think? Does this make sense?
ViolinAddict
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I picked up on the Scottland recipie before... She laughs before he even tastes it, knowing that it's going to be horrible, and doesn't taste it herslelf like the other few. Strange.
dixiemccoy
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Clues to Her Religion in the Cookie Video Reply with quote

Minuet wrote:
I was previously aware of the Thelemic religion and the Gnostic Mass that Crowley favored. Part of that mass involves an eucharist that used "cakes of light". The recipe is truly foul, involving blood "influenced by the moon" (in other words, menstrual blood) and sometimes semen, among other possible ingredients. There are theological reasons for the recipe that I won't get in to here.

For details see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cake_of_Light

One foul ingredient which seems according to one website to actually be optional in modern proactice:
http://www.hermetic.com/egc/aisha-cakes.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: