Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ragarding the 'mysteries' within the story

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burn
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Ragarding the 'mysteries' within the story Reply with quote

Citing the various recent comments from the creators of this story, I think it will be interesting how much of the audience interaction is used in the story. In this "exciting new genre" that the creators relish in, they can alter aspects of the story based solely on the reaction of the audience.

If the audience starts to sniff out the 'story' too soon, the creators can then shift the plot to render that discovery meaningless. The details of this story are so abstract and without direct attachment to each other, they can be written out very easily.

For instance, Cassie doesnt HAVE to have any bearing in the story at all. The much discussed Crowley doesn't HAVE to mean anything, it has never been mentioned directly. The numbers in the cookie video don't HAVE to be a date or contain anything meaningful whatsoever, if the writers later choose. The iron pills do not HAVE to be an indication of a future event.

With this approach the creators can make the story last for the EXACT amount of time they wish and constantly change it to accomodate their schedule/plan. Every theory and discovery based on perceived clues can have limited value, even if they are dead on at the time when revealed.

While having the audience throw darts at a moving taget is great for the writers, I remember that I can make my cats tear up my carpet with unwavering focus on a laser pointer but eventually they lose interest when they realise that they can not catch the elusive red dot.

I wonder how long the creators can sustain the current interest in this story wiihtout desensitizing thier audience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: