Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you think he may have been brainwashed by the order?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Daniel aka Danielbeast
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AM wrote:
I advanced a theory on another thread (the drinking problems thread, I think) that he is like the Manturian candidate in that he does not know he has been brainwashed and will not act on it unless there is a 'trigger' (although I can't think of what the trigger would be. In other words he is now a 'sleeper agent' for the order.

I agree with this. I think they got him when he went to "camp" with Bree. Maybe the trigger is "Bowling" Shocked

AM wrote:
Another poster pointed out that he had changed his shirt in the 'miss me' vid to one he had been seen wearing in an earlier video. Did he go to the bar with a change of clothing? I am certain this was intentional on the Creators part because they made so much of what he was wearing in 'For the Ladies'. Changing his clothes to some random t-shirt wouldn't neccessarily mean anything. Changing into a shirt we've seen before might either mean he brought a change of clothes with him or that OP took some of his clothes from his room when she had the video camera installed.

I remember there was much speculation over this shirt when he wore it the first time "what do the symbols mean?""Does this mean he's with the order?" etc. There does seem to be a color coded messaging system that hasn't been broken yet involving green, blue, grey & white.

AM wrote:
Did he take a change of clothing because he intended to 'hook up' with Kathy McPhee? or because he knew he might not be coming back that night for another reason.

Maybe it's not even the same shirt. Maybe it's jailhouse issue i.e. when you are kidnapped and sent to the brainwashing facility, this is what Op issues for you to wear as you're eating pizza and icecream while doing spin art. Maybe the reason he had one of these shirts to begin with is he had already been to the facility - "I survived being kidnapped by Oppy and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" Cool

AM wrote:
No, I don't think D-man would consciously betray the order but perhaps the spin art was used to program him to follow OPs commands unconsciously under certaian circumstances.

Actually, consciously, Daniel is against the order, and for Bree and Tachyon. Subconsciously, he has been programmed for the Order by Oppy.
AM
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I should have worded that to say 'betray them to the order' I'll go back and edit that now. Thanks for catching it.

Free online community
Intelligent discussions and debates
V
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Condition Programming Reply with quote

Pavlov did something very simple where he gave his dogs a treat every time he rang a bell and after a while, each time the bell rang, the dogs would salivate. This is a very simple form of conditioning that each of us experience. In school, if you hear the sound of a zipper, you will look at the clock. This form of conditioning can go much deeper, and The Order could have used something on Daniel where he may see a video that will cause him to do something that they have programmed him to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Daniel aka Danielbeast All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: