Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bree doesn't swear enough
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Bree aka Lonelygirl15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misty
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Bree doesn't swear enough Reply with quote

Since bree burst out with "there are a million fucking different religions", in her argument with Daniel, it doesn't make sense for her to go through all the stressful shit, she's gone through since, without swearing; usually people swear more when they are under more stress than less. If Bree never swore, then it would make sense, since some people just don't believe it's ok to swear, but since Bree does swear, she should swear alot, given everything that's happened.
SapereAudeo
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The creators have tried to keep the series PG-13, which is one reason that you won't see much swearing.

Also, Bree's been raised in a sheltered home. To me, it's odder that Daniel and Jonas don't swear more. Maybe it's something to do with the fact that they don't want to be videotaped saying bad words Smile
Misty
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SapereAudeo wrote:
The creators have tried to keep the series PG-13, which is one reason that you won't see much swearing.

Also, Bree's been raised in a sheltered home. To me, it's odder that Daniel and Jonas don't swear more. Maybe it's something to do with the fact that they don't want to be videotaped saying bad words Smile

if thats the case why did she swear at all?? it's not like there was this big backlash when she said "fucking", and since then she said "oh shit" in "the cowboy", but I still think that a charachter should either:

A) Someone who likes to swear , and does so casually and frequently.
B) Somone who, never swears, because they think it's wrong
C) Someone who tries not to swear but it slips out under stress, in which case it should sliup out the most when the stress is the highest.

But Bree swears under medium stress, but not high stress. that doesn't make sense.

(Of course I'm somone who fits in Catagory A, so I also want her to swear more so She will be more like me Very Happy )
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wonder why we keep track of the swearwords in LGpedia... I guess there's different culture in the US.
Where I'm from everyone swear. Like the king, teachers, politicians... And we don't have a word for 'very' we only use 'f**k' instead
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sami wrote:

Where I'm from everyone swear. Like the king, teachers, politicians... And we don't have a word for 'very' we only use 'f**k' instead
lol. Dern, Sami, you all must do a lot of f**king.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think when she swore that once..she didn't mean to...but they kept it anyway.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty wrote:
But Bree swears under medium stress, but not high stress. that doesn't make sense.

I've always taken it as an indication of Bree's screwed up priorities and her illogical devotion to her religion/the Order that's been programmed into her as she grew up. Like how she still wouldn't tell Daniel everything she knew even after her parents were taken and she and Daniel were living on the streets.

For her, it probably seemed like a high stress situation.

longlostposter wrote:
Sami wrote:

lol. Dern, Sami, you all must do a lot of f**king.

God bless Norway, huh?

P.S. You can say "fucking" on the forum. It only censors the middle letters if you drop the "-ing."
kassiaL
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was raised in a very sheltered lifestyle, and I don't know...it's not weird to me when Jonas or Daniel swears, but when Bree does...it just seems out of character. There seems to have been a lot more swearing as of late in the videos, so maybe Bree will join the party someday soon.
nicole_x
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that has never made sense to me why she doesn't swear more. She obviously didn't feel guilty saying "fucking" and it was just in a little argument between her and Daniel. She never swore when the Order was chasing her, when she thought Jonas was a part of the Order, and when her parents were kidnapped. She definetley has the right to swear more, because of all the pressure she's under.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg and Miles went over this topic last night on their new internet radio show, Mixed Media. Their guest was Mesh.

The rebroadcast is available, and anyone who has time should check it out! There was some very interesting background discussion, and some really interesting guests called into the show!
Misty
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Greg and Miles went over this topic last night on their new internet radio show, Mixed Media. Their guest was Mesh.

The rebroadcast is available, and anyone who has time should check it out! There was some very interesting background discussion, and some really interesting guests called into the show!

I just listened to that, and i think what they said is total bullshit. They were worried about putting swearing because of the 13 year olds who watch the videos, so i Have one thing to say to them:13 year old fucking swear more than anyone else!!!

Hey, all the shit with the order, and killing Brees dad, is far worse than swearing, and you didn't agonize over that, so wtf is there to agonize over by have Bree drop the "f-bomb"
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty wrote:
ApotheosisAZ wrote:

I just listened to that, and i think what they said is total bullshit. They were worried about putting swearing because of the 13 year olds who watch the videos, so i Have one thing to say to them:13 year old fucking swear more than anyone else!!!

Hey, all the shit with the order, and killing Brees dad, is far worse than swearing, and you didn't agonize over that, so wtf is there to agonize over by have Bree drop the "f-bomb"

Who's been agonizing? Rolling Eyes
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she meant the Creators, Sami.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, she said 'you'

but anyway, who cares *runs back to plot discussion*
veela-valoom
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its fine and dandy she doesn't curse much.

I'm one of those non-cursers, but sometimes among friends I burst out....and its usually at times you don't expect. Like when I'm upset about something really dumb.

*shrugs* I think it would be odd if Bree suddenly started cursing like crazy...considering until running from the order she's been a good little girl her whole life
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Bree aka Lonelygirl15 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: