Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canon/Not Canon List
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Canon/Not Canon List Reply with quote

Can we please post a sticky of Creator confirmed Canon and Non-canon characters somewheres on the board.
I'm getting frustrated with people using the infiniate Cassie's to determine how to handle this ceremony business...
I know we have a list on the LGPedia, but could we post one here as well?

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would help the people new to the forums quite a bit, especially since the fanfics are also a big topic on here. It gets confusing for people...and frustrating to explain what's going on with things. It could simplify things and also make people feel more comfortable, I'm sure. It would be great in the Plot Discussion area, too...that's where I see myself and others explaining the cassie conundrum the most.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That takes a lot of the fun out of this tho. Half the adventure of LG15 and especially OpAphid is not knowing what exactly is or isn't canon. So you could be following something that entertains you, then come to find out that its an actual part of the story! Or you could be so sure that something is canon, only to find out that it has absolutely nothing to do with it...

its fun Smile
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fanfic shouldn't be constantly discussed in the canon forum areas. I see the off topic frustrations in the Ops areas, too. It's a problem.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one that the moderators and operators can manage w/o having a set list of canon/non-canon posted. Posting a list is basically taking anything organic out of this experience. You might as well post a checklist of what order people watch the videos in, or when they should or shouldn't take a look at the ARG.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, then they can do that. Either way. Just thinking of things to make it easier on new people and to make topics stay with the original thought, not "well, in frankiswaking he said this so we should do this". If you don't see it as a problem, fine...but you aren't in that area very much, either. It's an issue that is dealt with often.

ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in all areas of the forums, I just don't post on the LG side too often. I didn't say that non-canon posting in canon areas isn't a problem, I said that its a problem that the mods and ops can handle.

When I started paying attention to LG15, no one held my hand and told me what I should watch or should pay attention to. Most of us who have been here a while have all just kinda stumbled along, rolling w/ the punches. And I think our love for this experience stems from that. If you start telling people exactly where to go or what to watch or who to pay attention to, you take away from this.

That is my opinion anyway
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussion Status: Null and Void

Everything you need to know to play opaphid and the FAQ thread both have all the characters listed.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:

Everything you need to know to play opaphid and the FAQ thread both have all the characters listed.

d'oh!

sorry tiger Embarassed
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:

I'm talking about the Plot Discussion...I don't think smiley is talking aobut the Op area, either.

ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:

I'm talking about the Plot Discussion...I don't think smiley is talking aobut the Op area, either.

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Characters
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are missing the point. If you dont' see it as a concern, you've made that clear...now let the rest of us discuss it or an administrator.

Flautapantera

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

This is tough. While Plot Discussion does give the connotation of being a literal discussion of the plot (sorry for the lame description), I agree with Ladron in that essentially telling people what's connected or not connected will detract very much from the experience. For instance, if we hadn't "allowed" posters to discuss the then-non-canon OpAphid, we would be kicking ourselves now that it is part of the storyline/plot.

My personal feelings are that a Canon/Non-Canon list will render us all ignorant to the great potential of fan-created material and possible canon videos and characters. Besides, the addition of the followers of the non-canon stories (itscassie, for instance) adds a fresh perspective to the storyline, perhaps benefitting or providing a new idea that a regular strict LG15 follower wouldn't.

If we ostensibly tell people what's soi-disant "important" and "watch-if-you're-bored" material, we'll lose a great deal of input and important discussion, in my opinion...although I guess I'm not supposed to be giving my opinion. Bah.

Bottom line: Yes, the PD may become cluttered with "but itscassie told us 'yadayadayada'" and other fan fic chatter, but if we say what can and can't be discussed, then we may be missing out on viable information.

I hope that helps or doesn't. Whatever.

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then why do we make sure fanfic topics are relegated to the fanfic area...? In the past we've used Plot Discussion to discuss the LG15 plot. That isn't fanfic. Why have two areas if we can allow people to be totally confused on what is the story in one of them? We wonder why people get frustrated with us...we try to help the people newer to the story and forum, but many of them get upset and frustrated. This is a problem. Is it that bad of a thing to make it clear the distinction between the canon storyline and the very appreciated and enjoyed fanfic? If someone posts a CiW theory in there, it's moved.

ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
You are missing the point. If you dont' see it as a concern, you've made that clear...now let the rest of us discuss it or an administrator.

I could have sworn you were asking for a confirmed charaters list. That was a link to the LGpedia list. No need to be uncordial.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: