Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0135 - Yellow Snow [2/19/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hopeishope
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:
They said they were just doing that for the thumbnail..so that people will know to watch.

Oh, I see. Thanks. But does that image have to be in the video in order for it to be a thumbnail? I remember DB video he used Brea's picture as thumbnail but that wasn't in the video.

I thought it was a little suspicious.
love_leslie
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that still don't understand the LG15 thumbnail, the creators explained it:

5) In addition to posting all the YouTube videos on the LG15 account, we will be inserting single frames to act as thumbnails for the videos. These will include Bree and the LG15 logo. After observing view numbers over the past few months it is clear to us that having an identifiable thumbnail and posting to the LG15 account is important to bringing in a larger viewership. This is important for the ongoing success of the show.

Found here: http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5955
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youtube takes the frame exactly at the middle of the video for the thumbnail. Knowing that you can choose your thumbnail. A lot of people are doing that with pictures of women lightly dressed to increase their views. DB used the same technique. I believe there is a still of Bree in one of his latest videos.
hopeishope
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love_leslie wrote:
For those that still don't understand the LG15 thumbnail, the creators explained it:

5) In addition to posting all the YouTube videos on the LG15 account, we will be inserting single frames to act as thumbnails for the videos. These will include Bree and the LG15 logo. After observing view numbers over the past few months it is clear to us that having an identifiable thumbnail and posting to the LG15 account is important to bringing in a larger viewership. This is important for the ongoing success of the show.

Found here: http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5955

Thanks you Very Happy !
GawainsChallenge
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, it can be argued that Jonas is trying to give them away with the cell phone call, but all of them do a really good job giving themselves away at times. Just in this video, all the scenery-filming is phenomenally stupid. When Daniel lost his fake ID, I could see what happened coming. They described Jonas' house and its location. (And of course, everyone knew its owner's unusual first name.) Then they go back there after they KNOW the order knows they're somewhere on the outskirts of Ukiah?! The simple fact that they tell the world they're in the mountains in this video isn't too bright. I don't think Jonas is bad. I think this trio is just exceptionally bad at hiding.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chershaytoute wrote:
Quote:
From LGPedia:
Jonas: Okay, I won't do it anymore - I think I'm lost anyway! I'm just going to call for directions one last time!

Daniel: (Laughing) Shut up!

Bree: (Laughing) Try turning around!

Jonas: Alright

Daniel: This guy, man...

Uhhhmmmm... I think when he said he was lost and was going to make that one last call, he was teasing... Everyone's laughing here...joking back and forth, from the look of it...

But maybe that's just me, having listened to kids banter back and forth/pick on each other for years'n'years... <fond smile>

That is the impression I got too.

I think I'm going to agree that Daniel is the more suspicious boy in this video. It is strange for a guy to take so long to pee. He plays it off as a joke.. which was smooth.. but who knows what he was really doing. Then again, it looked pretty damn cold to have to whip out his EHEM...

Also, I like the idea that Jonas may have been calling Tachyon or Brother. Maybe wherever they are going is to meet up with the two. I think after "The Human Ransom" they became a bit too comfortable, and after "Watch This.." they realized that they may have underestimated the Order. Without Tach and Bro, their superhero skills are less than adequate. And I really hope they realized that and hit up Tachyon again.

I mean, Tachyon is looking to fight the Order. I don't see why she felt she should leave. The Order is obviously following Bree, and therefore if Tachyon wants to fight them, logic would presume that she should stick with Bree.

Also, I think it's cute when Jonas says hot chocolate.
Also, the scenery in this video is gorgeous and I like it.
Also, I like this video. I love seeing the three of them interacting all at once. (May I request more threesome vids in the future, if you're reading this, Creators.. Very Happy )
sarahbear
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when jonas hangs up, he says "sorry, i needed to call ahead". there is no new character named 'adam'.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarahbear wrote:
when jonas hangs up, he says "sorry, i needed to call ahead". there is no new character named 'adam'.

i think i missed it when people said that.
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry if this has been discussed before, but in the car when bree and jonas were talking, did anyone else get the feeling they were flirting?
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:
sorry if this has been discussed before, but in the car when bree and jonas were talking, did anyone else get the feeling they were flirting?

Alot of people did I guess. =/ I didn't catch it the first time I watched it but the second time I did.
Hooray for Orange Slurpees!
Go to my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/xshibbiex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wisi Girl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikkiBowerReport wrote:
enigma117 wrote:
Ok...I wanna see NikkiB track down the location, and see what Daniel wrote in the snow. I am sure it was a loooooong Nancy Drew quote.

"This is NikkiB, reporting from Golden Showers."

LOL. It probably says "I :smt049 Jonas"

I don't want to sound cruel, but "Nikki B" does not report. She is not a reporter.....She is not capable of "tracking down" locations and other forms of sleuthing. Her name is Alli and she must recieve the information concerning locations from the creators.

Nikki or Alli: I find your videos very entertaining. They are cute and silly. However, if I were close to the creators, I would have my videos contain MUCH MORE concrete information of the series and not just your nonsense.....Of course, they may not want you to divulge further information for the purpose of suspence....Why not do more sleuthing of the series through your contacts and REAL resources? We would all appreciate anything you can get!

If it is worth anything, I have never known anyone to find such deep meaning in such an ordinary item: oarnge slurpees!
kayokosaeki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheqinah wrote:
onsweetavenue wrote:
Sami wrote:
onsweetavenue wrote:
daniel is bad news.

Why?
Because men do not take that long to pee.

Women always take awhile in the bathroom.

Men don't. I'm suspicious.

me too.

maybe someone's coming down with a UTI

"do you have a gun?"
"no. but i do have a lawyer. and we're done."
Wisi Girl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed a subtle but definite change in the creators' approach to the series and the pace of the videos. I believe, (or perhaps hope,) that they see a serious need to keep their fans from being disillusioned with the void of information and the mundane pattern of Bree and her hopelessness. Many were becoming extremely impatient with the series, myself included. However, the last few videos are consistently delivering a few thrills, some crytpic information and a little plot progression. I am very pleased. Thank you creators!

I hope Jonas is calling someone from the Order! It would really mix things up, eh? Keep me on my toes and I am satisfied! Plus, Jonas would be a thousand times more sexy if he were more dark and sinister.....Not that this has anything to do with the series. Heh.

Again, I picked up the sexual tension between Jonas and Bree.

I understand everyone is frustrated with how careless the trio is by filming locations and giving information concerning their destination but we must consider the nature of this series for a moment. It is necessary for these inconsistencies because we, as the viewer, must SEE what is going on! In order to be open with us, they will be open with the enemy as well. Both either happen together, or none at all. I only worry that the creators are refusing any real facts about ANYTHING because they don't have the answers themselves! How long has this series gone and we still don't know what the society is or the Order!?!?! Oh, and we have no idea what the ceremony is about!!! Everything is still at a level of speculation on our part! Bah!!

However, this was a good video. The end.
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisi Girl wrote:
I don't want to sound cruel, but "Nikki B" does not report. She is not a reporter.....She is not capable of "tracking down" locations and other forms of sleuthing. Her name is Alli and she must recieve the information concerning locations from the creators.

All of us know that, but many of us like her a lot and actually happily play along with the suspension of disbelief where she's concerned. We pick the BDJ videos to death, yes, and our suspension of disbelief obviously is limited where those are concerned, but Nikki's videos we think of as a fun diversion from the main series. They're not supposed to be taken seriously or analyzed frame by frame. They're just fun.

Wisi Girl wrote:
Nikki or Alli: I find your videos very entertaining. They are cute and silly. However, if I were close to the creators, I would have my videos contain MUCH MORE concrete information of the series and not just your nonsense.....Of course, they may not want you to divulge further information for the purpose of suspence....Why not do more sleuthing of the series through your contacts and REAL resources?

The Nikki B videos aren't supposed to advance the plot or answer its big lingering questions. They're more than likely not even produced by the Creators. Nikki doesn't really consider the videos entirely canon herself. She's just doing something to add a little extra fun for all of us and herself. You shouldn't be expecting anything more than a humorous few minutes of entertainment with her vids.

By the way, I have to say... if you actually were close to the Creators, you probably wouldn't make your videos be more related to the plot. I say that because 1) you more than likely wouldn't want to undermine the project your friends were putting a lot of time/money/hard work into, and 2) you'd probably very quickly stop getting "tips" if you did.

Last edited by Lurker on Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
kevintheomanharris
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sappho wrote:
This is my first post in the forums. I've been lurking for a while, but too shy to say anything. I just had to put my 2 cents in about where the cabin is located.

I think they are still in Northern California. Daniel's fake ID was found in a bowling alley in Ukiah, so logically Jonas's house is somewhere near Ukiah. That's in Northern California, where there are lots of mountains and lakes. I think the road looked like the road to Clear Lake, in Lake County. The lake could be Clear Lake itself, or any of the myriad smaller lakes in the area. Lake County is snowy right now, with warmer microclimates here and there.

Clear Lake is only a 2 1/2-3 hr. drive from San Francisco, so they could easily have been in the City over the weekend and filmed on the way up to Clear Lake. If they were going to Tahoe, they'd take Rt. 80 most of the way. That's a major freeway, with lots of rest stops, fast food places, and 7 11s for all your orange slurpee needs if you are tailing our heroes. No need to "write" in the snow.

Here are some pics of Clear Lake that make it look much nicer than it actually is: http://www.clearlake.ca.us/photos.html

IRL Lake County is full of meth addicts and Crowleyites, making it perfect for the Order. The lake looks beautiful, but is so contaminated with mercury from gold-mining days that you can't swim in it or eat the few live fish in it. Lake County has vacation homes, hunting cabins, a gated community, and the aforementioned lowlife locals. Most of the locals are on Social Security or welfare. There may be some good people there. If there are, I apologize to them. I never met them. I feel terribly sorry for the children forced to grow up in that bucolic hellhole. They don't even have public transportation or a Greyhound bus out of there. There are no jobs and no colleges, so the poor local kids are literally stuck. It's a disgrace.

If Bree, Daniel, and Jonas are in Lake County, I hope they get out alive. This could turn into Deliverance (an old movie from the 70s). I'm just speculating. They could be anywhere there's snow, mountains, conifers, and water--even Oregon!

welcome to the board.

I'm not dismissing northern california as a location, but I feel its unlikely.

Although, the fake ID was found in northern california, it doesnt mean much in my opinion. Most if not all the ARG stuff has been northern california. Most if not all the regular videos have been southern california.

So, I'm pretty much in agreement with your last sentence. They could be anywhere really. But usually its southern california, so I would be surprised if it wasn't this time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: