Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Ranks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Site/Forum Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynth, this topic was not created so that you could bash a fellow forumite. Cloud is a valuable member of this community, and a dear friend of mine, so can we please try and keep this friendly?
Absynth
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it wasnt intended as personal, i used his name as an example of what i mean. he turned it into an attack against him. read my post again, it is about all of the postwhores, not just 1.
One of the Cloudmakers
http://www.cloudmakers.org/guide/index3.shtml
Currently trying to crack the Publius Enigma
Jo_16_2
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynth wrote:
and if you knew anything at all about me you would know that i have no respect for people who use these forums to chat all day without adding anything relevant to the clues or storyline. and I also love to get reactions like yours from my posts. it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to know i pissed someone off and makes me crack up when people actually take offense to what someone says on the internet! get a better argument before you go trying to look cool.

i guarantee that you are not even close to the first person to say something like that, so no matter what you say or do, theres always gonna be someone like me to deflate your post count/ego bubble. you act like cuz that numbers high people will take your word as gold, when to people like me it actually only tells me that the only thing your good at is running your mouth.

dont like it, dont read it. easy.
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynth wrote:
and if you knew anything at all about me you would know that i have no respect for people who use these forums to chat all day without adding anything relevant to the clues or storyline.
There are many different sections in the forum. The Community forums (GTKEO/OTC/PMP) are there specifically for people to talk to each other. If it bothers you, there are many other places to talk about the storyline, etc. Smile
Absynth
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont read it. im just tired of refreshing a page only to have to sort through the countless threads and posts that have no relevance, and to this I know im not the only person who thinks it sucks. now it seems like the only ones here trying to make a big deal are you guys from the playhouse, and people who post more in off the cuff than anywhere else, which proves my point perfectly. sorry if you guys cant take criticizm, but this is the internet after all. and if you dont like it, you dont have to read it either.
One of the Cloudmakers
Cloud_ax
Hymn of One

Location: stealing a plane to Zi's wedding, who wants to come??

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, absynth. I just like to hang around here and share fun times with my friends. I hope you are one of them. I'm not upset. Very Happy

I'm Ziola's Little Brother.
My big sister is getting married!!

"If this is a dream, don't wake me up."
Absynth
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloud_ax wrote:
I'm sorry, absynth. I just like to hang around here and share fun times with my friends. I hope you are one of them. I'm not upset. Very Happy

cool, neither was I. I can get a bit touchy without the prozac, eh (j/k)? Thought you may have thought i meant to single you out, but that wasnt the case. and of course Id be your friend! i wont be hanging out in the playhouse tho, sry. not my cup o tea, but i do look forward to seeing you around. Very Happy

EDIT: had to add j/k. i'm not really on prozac, though at times i feel i should be Laughing
One of the Cloudmakers
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have nothing to add to this little Postwhore/P. Monkey tangent that occurred, but I have an idea for another rank.

I was a member of a forum about... 6 years ago at the lovely age of 12 and at this one particular forum and once you reached a high number, you could create your own rank.

Of course, there couldn't be anything overtly sexual or explicit, and most people abided that rule.

I also agree with Aithne in the fact that Deacons would be a good idea between Order of Denderah and Hymn of One. (I think I remembered that correctly... Confused )

You just had a Kyle moment.
d'oh!
Skunkwaffle
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynth wrote:
plenty of 1 word posts and single emotes... these are the waste of server space to which i am referring.

I can't let a comment about wasted server space get by without mentioning the HORRIFIC waste of bandwidth that is the LG15 chat room. Someone please do something about that room. Please.

IRC Please.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynth wrote:
and Trainer, you usually are right about most things, and ive never had a problem with your posts, you always add insight to puzzles and are quite informed, but ...
trainer101 wrote:
While there have been a couple of people who joined the forum and intentionally ran up their numbers by randomly posting one and two word responses, I can assure you that Cloud and the rest of the folks in the Playhouse are not among them.

ill find one from just today, and theres about 1000 more that i could use, but youre way off

Wait a minute, that's cheating! Laughing You can't make a point by intentionally omitting the most important part of my quote:
trainer101 wrote:
PMonkey's Playhouse is, after all, intended to be conversational - that's kinda the whole point. Cool

You outta be in politics.
Part of the reason the Playhouse was set up was to encourage OT discussion on the forum rather than tie up resources which slow down the mainpage. Before the Playhouse, it would take forever to get a video to load. Hence, by encouraging conversational posts (in the proper areas - like Playhouse) we are actually freeing up server resources and getting faster video loads.
Cloud_ax
Hymn of One

Location: stealing a plane to Zi's wedding, who wants to come??

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynth wrote:
Cloud_ax wrote:

cool, neither was I. I can get a bit touchy without the prozac, eh (j/k)? Thought you may have thought i meant to single you out, but that wasnt the case. and of course Id be your friend! i wont be hanging out in the playhouse tho, sry. not my cup o tea, but i do look forward to seeing you around. Very Happy

EDIT: had to add j/k. i'm not really on prozac, though at times i feel i should be Laughing
Laughing

its ok, no hard feelings. catch you around Very Happy

I'm Ziola's Little Brother.
My big sister is getting married!!

"If this is a dream, don't wake me up."
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynth wrote:
plenty of 1 word posts and single emotes... these are the waste of server space to which i am referring.

Actually, the purpose of P*Monkey's Playhouse is to allow chatting. It's intended to allow people to post whatever they want; ergo, there is no such thing as postwhoring in that forum. In fact, the same goes for Off the Cuff and GTKEO, where folks are encouraged to post with a more casual and conversational manner. In short, they're encouraged to have fun. Postwhoring such as you mention is discouraged in plot discussion areas.

But really, it's not a waste of server space. Single posts are entries into the mysql database. Would take many many millions of posts to significantly test the server.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynth, I understand what you're saying. I also come to these forums to discuss, analyze, and debate theories and issues regarding the LG15 series. But, on a positive note, this forum is remarkably well organized compared to others, and it is very easy to find exactly what you are looking for. I very rarely visit the GTKEO, OTC, and PMP forums, except when LG15 is at a slow point or no one is really on the forums and I'm just that bored. However, my post count is still fairly high, even though most of my posts have been relevant to the LG15 plot and theories (or ARGs like CiW and OpAphid from their times). I personally think this forum deserves all the compliments in the world for allowing most people to find what they are looking for.
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a suggestion for forum ranking... Anxious

You just had a Kyle moment.
d'oh!
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chelseyrl wrote:
I had a suggestion for forum ranking... Anxious

Well I'm listening Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Site/Forum Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: