Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are the Creators abandoning YouTube??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wisi Girl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MOST RECENT VIDEO ON YOUTUBE IS "WHAT THE HELL!?!?!" AND HOW LONG AGO WAS THIS POSTED ON REVVER??? THAT IS ALL I CAN SAY: WHAT THE HELL!??!!!?!

I AM A DEDICATED FAN AND I SEE THAT THERE HAS BEEN THREE VIDEOS SINCE THE LAST ONE WAS POSTED ON YOUTUBE AND I CAN'T SEE THEM!!! THE CREATORS NEED TO DO SOMETHING NOW!!!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your computer won't let you see them from the main page? When they first started transferring videos I couldn't see them anywhere but YT, either...I don't know why that changed but I can see them, now.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Wisi Girl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY IS YOUTUBE SO BEHIND!?!?!!!?!!

The video "Proving Bree Wrong" just uploaded on Youtube yesterday!!! I saw it for the first time because my server is extremely restrictive , (so I can't see them on Revver,) and I can't seem to view the videos on the main page of this site either. I am so distraut! I haven't checked this site in ages because I don't like to see how behind I am in the series! I was such a devoted fan but I feel like I am being forced to just drop the series altogether and move on. I don't understand....Why don't the creators get their act together and find a way to upload the videos faster on Youtube? I have been told that it takes around 24 hours for a video to upload on Youtube, but this is not a sufficient answer for the problem with the LG15 series! C'mon now! THERE ARE FIVE VIDEOS I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT ARE ON REVVER BUT NOT ON YOUTUBE!!! If they uploaded the videos on both sites at the same time, then there still wouldn't be such a delay on Youtube. It is obviously not the case of lagging on the site. We can't blame Youtube. It is as if they are completely abandoning the site! What am I going to do? I can't view the videos anywhere else! Am I the ONLY fan that is experiencing this problem??? That may be more astonishing than the creators forgetting Youtube! IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WHO IS UPSET BECAUSE THEY ARE UNABLE TO VIEW THE VIDEOS??? Perhaps, if no one else is having this dilemma, then the creators won't really care?

CREATORS, HELLO? ARE YOU OUT THERE?

Do they even read their forum? Can someone direct one of them to my complaint because I am not sure if they are even aware of this issue.
Misty
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it looks like the Moderators are contributing to taking threads off topic. I started this thread to discuss whether or not the creators are abandoning you tube, and ignoring the you tube communiuty as part of the storyline. but the moderators moved it to the fucking Concerns and Complaints section and keep merging in all the, complaints about not being able to watch the videos, or you tube being too slow.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does belong in "Concerns and Complaints." I don't know about the merging of other threads with it, though. But obviously my fellow moderators thought it was the right thing to do at the time.

Back on-topic. I believe that yes, to some extent the Creators are moving away from Youtube somewhat. I don't think they're abandoning it completely, though.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was moved because it is a concern and complaint. And since all theses issues are related, why shouldn't they merge the threads?

And if its such a big deal, why don't you just PM the Creators and ask them if they are abandoning YouTube instead of waiting for them to reply.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No why the heck would they abandon YouTube?
If they did, they'd lose 97% of their audience (ok fine I don't know the real math... but I do know the average Revver LG episode gets about 15,000 hits while the average YouTube LG episode gets 300,000- so what does that tell you?)
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is exactly why I said somewhat, Hyemew. But I guess I should have said, more accurately, that I think they're restructuring how they use Youtube, as opposed to abandoning it. With all the misunderstandings of late, you'd think I'd choose my words a little more wisely, huh? Wink

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*kicks 'mute in the shins*

Geez... Rolling Eyes

How many times do we have to be reminded...think before we speak, dear? Wink
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
*kicks 'mute in the shins*

Geez... Rolling Eyes

How many times do we have to be reminded...think before we speak, dear? Wink

Yes, ma'am. May I have another? Twisted Evil

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
djmadscribbler
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty wrote:
Now it looks like the Moderators are contributing to taking threads off topic. I started this thread to discuss whether or not the creators are abandoning you tube, and ignoring the you tube communiuty as part of the storyline. but the moderators moved it to the fucking Concerns and Complaints section and keep merging in all the, complaints about not being able to watch the videos, or you tube being too slow.

I don't know if it's been said or not but I'm sure they aren't abandoning it. I think they are, however, put a long delay in there in a hope to drive to traffic to this site and revver since they MAKE MONEY off of the the revver hosted vids. Money they can use to keep this thing going.
We shall nonetheless move forward to carve a name for ourselves in the annals of bold insurgency and death-defying derring-do. Once I have a keen blade at my hip and the Jolly Roger is flapping high above me, I believe I will find my true calling.
Misty
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting a delay has a much bigger effect than just getting people to watch the revver videos; it takes away from the interaction of the youtube community. By the time a video makes it to youtube, there have been several other videos made, and so response videos become pointless, since there is no way for them to be considered in the next video. I think this move is killing what lonleygirl15 was originally created to be, and turning it into a plain TV show with 2 minute daily episodes, that is in concept no different than any commercial TV show.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe more people should click that donate button so the creators wouldn't have the need for a money generating site like revver and they could go back to YT.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respectfully disagree, Misty. Response videos are possible on Revver as well. They still happen.

Granted, I'd like to see the delay cut down to and upload on Revver, followed by an upload to Youtube immediately after the video is publicly available for viewing here. Not sure how open to that The Creators are, though, but it would address many of your concerns.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Misty
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
I respectfully disagree, Misty. Response videos are possible on Revver as well. They still happen.

Granted, I'd like to see the delay cut down to and upload on Revver, followed by an upload to Youtube immediately after the video is publicly available for viewing here. Not sure how open to that The Creators are, though, but it would address many of your concerns.

'mute

You missed my point entirely. Response videos still happen on youtube too, but they aren't part of the story anymore.

Even when lonelygirl15 was proven to be fiction, the creators kept up the illusion of it being a real youtube video blog, where bree continued to an active part of the yoputube community, and was influenced by the youtube community.

But now youtubers are totally excluded from the creative process, and the spinoff blogs are much more disconnected, either by being posted before the video that they are commenting on is posted (leaving no response link), or being posted after the story has moved on and there comments become irrelevant.

Also now lonleygirl15 posts an youtube don't even have the appearance of being real (they even go as far as to put a logo on the inserted middle frame and ads for the website at the end), and it seems to be that the only reason they are even posted on youtube is to get people to the LG15 site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: