Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are the Creators abandoning YouTube??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to make money to keep the show going.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

This is true.

And in all fairness, they could have started charging a fee for this a long time ago. I think most people would have.
Misty
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

This is true.

And in all fairness, they could have started charging a fee for this a long time ago. I think most people would have.

So you agree, they ARE abandoning YouTube, for the money.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty wrote:

I agree that YT is definitely behind and that revenue probably has something to do with it (I say "probably" because they haven't told us). However, if that's the case, I don't blame them one bit. They're probably yet to make a dime off this whole thing. If they've even made back what's been put into it I'd be surprised.

No artist is expected to work for free, right? Not musicians, not actors, not directors, not novelists, not painters, not photographers - and no other kind of artist. Yeah, you should try to do what you love - but you've got to live as well as you can too. I'd say it's a lucky few who get to do both.

I know it's got to be frustrating if you can't view things on Revver (which sounds to me like a problem with the computers, browsers or software that are trying to do it), and I'm not trying to belittle that - but I think it's as important to not belittle why the Creators may opt to go the route that will bring the most revenue. If they didn't make any money, they wouldn't be able to continue this thing anyway (which brings up another problem: they should try to make YT viewers more aware that LG15.com is way ahead; that would solve most issues of community interaction or irrelevant response videos right there).
Misty
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Misty wrote:

I agree that YT is definitely behind and that revenue probably has something to do with it (I say "probably" because they haven't told us). However, if that's the case, I don't blame them one bit. They're probably yet to make a dime off this whole thing. If they've even made back what's been put into it I'd be surprised.

No artist is expected to work for free, right? Not musicians, not actors, not directors, not novelists, not painters, not photographers - and no other kind of artist. Yeah, you should try to do what you love - but you've got to live as well as you can too. I'd say it's a lucky few who get to do both.

I know it's got to be frustrating if you can't view things on Revver (which sounds to me like a problem with the computers, browsers or software that are trying to do it), and I'm not trying to belittle that - but I think it's as important to not belittle why the Creators may opt to go the route that will bring the most revenue. If they didn't make any money, they wouldn't be able to continue this thing anyway (which brings up another problem: they should try to make YT viewers more aware that LG15.com is way ahead; that would solve most issues of community interaction or irrelevant response videos right there).
huh??? what does blame have to do with this discussion, and who's trying to belittle the creators? whether or not the creators are justified in abandoning you tube isn't the issue here; the issue is understanding what the creators are up to and the philosophy behind it.

By the way I have no problem viewing the videos on revver or lonelygirl15.com, so are no technnical issues frustrating me. But all said, moving the community interactions to lonelygirl15.com IS abandoning youtube, and changing the whole framework of the series.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty wrote:
Lurker wrote:
Misty wrote:

huh??? what does blame have to do with this discussion, and who's trying to belittle the creators? whether or not the creators are justified in abandoning you tube isn't the issue here; the issue is understanding what the creators are up to and the philosophy behind it.

By the way I have no problem viewing the videos on revver or lonelygirl15.com, so are no technnical issues frustrating me. But all said, moving the community interactions to lonelygirl15.com IS abandoning youtube, and changing the whole framework of the series.

IAWTC
We were asked about product placement and there wasn't a lot of OMG Sell outs!!!!!!!!!11! so I think we can take an announcement and justification. However, in the meantime we are all guessing at motives which has never gone terribly well much of anyplace in history. There are YTers who don't even know that revver is several eps up on them.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty wrote:
huh??? what does blame have to do with this discussion, and who's trying to belittle the creators?

Sorry for the confusion. All of that wasn't directed to you. It was more of a general response to all the things people have taken issue with relating to the delays/revenue/whatever-issue-with-YT (and not just here). Sorry again. I shouldn't post that late.

Misty wrote:
whether or not the creators are justified in abandoning you tube isn't the issue here; the issue is understanding what the creators are up to and the philosophy behind it.

tigerlilylynn wrote:
We were asked about product placement and there wasn't a lot of OMG Sell outs!!!!!!!!!11! so I think we can take an announcement and justification.

I agree. They should just explain why. I think we can take it.

Misty wrote:

Well, the viewers need only go to Revver or the main site and they can continue as they always have done (commenting on the videos in YT style, and posting video responses). It wouldn't be any different. The only issue is this:

tigerlilylynn wrote:
There are YTers who don't even know that revver is several eps up on them.
Rekidk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, being a new viewer, wanted to watch the entire series from beginning to end. I was about to do so, using the LG15 Revver site, when I realized that there were videos missing. Videos 1, 3, 5, Gemma's first two videos, Jonas's first three videos, etc. etc. Plus, I didn't get the NBR videos I wanted, or the various OpAphid videos unless they were vital to understanding the LG15 story. Long story short? I went to YouTube and organized all the videos myself into a playlist. (I have 192 videos in the playlist as of now, for anyone interested.)

I don't care that YouTube's behind Revver. No biggie. I understand that they need the revenue generated by Revver. However, I'm a little disappointed that one video (at this point) has not been released on YouTube at all, and if it is released it will be out of order. That video, of course, is 'Uncle Dan: T-Bone Remix.' It comes directly after 'Uncle Dan,' which was recently released on YouTube. However, 'Lucy!?!' was just released on YouTube a few hours ago. Where did 'T-Bone Remix' go?

I think that, in the end, it doesn't matter if YouTube is behind. Eventually, LG15 will end, and all the videos will be on YouTube. However, you can bet that I will be very upset if we dont' see 'T-Bone Remix' on YouTube. Where is my complete collection?
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rekidk wrote:

I think that, in the end, it doesn't matter if YouTube is behind. Eventually, LG15 will end, and all the videos will be on YouTube. However, you can bet that I will be very upset if we dont' see 'T-Bone Remix' on YouTube. Where is my complete collection?

On the DVD.
Rekidk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But there's probably not going to be NBR on the DVD. And her info is canon (right?), so IMO, she might-as-well be too. I want to watch it w/ her. And the Gemma [I]-[V] vids. But I don't want random vids of fireworks from Brother.

However, I still intend to buy the DVD when it comes out. Smile

Last edited by Rekidk on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's already a DVD out?

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rekidk wrote:
But there's not NBR on the DVD. And her info is canon, so IMO, she might-as-well be too. I want to watch it w/ her. And the Gemma [I]-[V] vids. But I don't want random vids of fireworks from Brother.

However, I still intend to buy the DVD. Smile

umm...the dvd isn't out...and they haven't decided what to put on the dvd...

soooo, that statement is extremely confusing.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rekidk wrote:
But there's not NBR on the DVD. And her info is canon, so IMO, she might-as-well be too.

Nikki Bower's videos aren't canon to the LG15 series. Her material is still safely in the fan fiction realm. Yes, she has access to "sources" that most of us don't, perhaps, but it's still fan fic. Smile

So maybe we'll have a Nikki B. DVD as a follow-up to LG15! Smile
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maaaaaybe...in a special features disc...there will be "most popular fanfic" videos. Or not...or...maybe. Surprised

Rekidk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:

Nikki Bower's videos aren't canon to the LG15 series. Her material is still safely in the fan fiction realm. Yes, she has access to "sources" that most of us don't, perhaps, but it's still fan fic. Smile

This is true; however, I think that (because of her inside sources) she has become important as an outside observer to the storyline, and helps provide an outside perspective on the series. However, you're right--in the end, it's still fan fic.

Broken Kid wrote:

So maybe we'll have a Nikki B. DVD as a follow-up to LG15! Smile

I hope so. Smile

Kasdeja wrote:
Or maaaaaybe...in a special features disc...there will be "most popular fanfic" videos. Or not...or...maybe. Surprised

That would be awesome. Smile

Killthesmiley wrote:
umm...the dvd isn't out...and they haven't decided what to put on the dvd...

soooo, that statement is extremely confusing.

Er, sorry 'bout that. Very confusing indeed. Edited for deconfusification.

---

Anyways... I'd still like to know what D-bone Remix hasn't been released on YouTube. Why, Creators, why?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: