Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Discussion] Semiotics Contents: Note/Numbers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kalika
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thamus wrote:

Oh yes, back to the number eight; The experience upon the eighth sephirah is The Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel.

i've usually heard this to be attributed to the sixth sephira, which balances the tree. The equating of the microcosm and the macrocosm. the eigth sephirah is equated to mercury, so that goes back to your earlier correspondances.

nice work slipping in the ToL
KelQuelle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the note, Tachyon also mentions Poseidon. I noticed that all of the letters are being related to Egyptian gods. Is there any chance that they don't have to be Egyptian? Has anyone checked that out?

Also, a little off topic, but it really weirds me out when you guys capitalize Creators. It makes them sound like gods or something.
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's our way of being on a first name basis with them, without using all their first names. Razz
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's better than writing "Miles, Mesh, Greg and Amanda (and possibly Glenn?)" everytime.
sparrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone try calling the numbers with 390 instead of 800?

Pi comes from Pe (Phoenecian letter), which probably came from "mouth." The voice of the sun/heaven?

Is there any possibility that the two-legged watcher-like sign comes from theta + omega? Omega comes from Ayin, the eye. Eye of the sun? Another type of watcher?

Sorry if this has been looked at. Confused
Jo_16_2
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KelQuelle wrote:

Also, a little off topic, but it really weirds me out when you guys capitalize Creators. It makes them sound like gods or something.

they are the gods of the breeniverse Surprised
Laughing
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I'd like to join the voice of those who are concerned with the name "The Creators." It is a valid concern.

However, this topic is for the game-related matter of "Semiotics Contents: Note/Numbers."

Anyone who wishes to voice their concern over the chosen name of The Creators should feel free to open a new topic in the Concerns and Complaints area of the forum.

I post this information as a helpful reminder to those who feel it may be useful.

Very Happy
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
yarvin wrote:
However, I have to admit, now that it was brought it up a couple of comments back, I've never heard the world described as what lies "between the water and the sky," except in Genesis 1, but that has the same problem you, tannhaus, pointed out for the Egyptians: the Hebrews saw the sky as being made of water.

True..and they thought so because they lifted their story of creation almost verbatim from the Egyptians. If you read the book "101 Myths of the Bible", which is written by a Bible scholar, he points out how all the gods of the Egyptian creation myth are present in the Genesis account of creation just by the element they're the god of....so instead of the god of the wind...you'd have wind. Then you have Elohim being Eloah...a feminine word for goddess combined with im...a masculine plural. So, the word "elohim" actually means a group of male and female gods. But Elohim was the word used in Genesis when he says "Let us make man in our image". Of course, there are MANY more instances..you just have to read the book.

I mean, I don't expect them to be TOTALLY accurate with their background information. But, you'd think that if they're trying to make puzzles up concerning this information, they'd educate themselves to make sure they're not making obvious errors of fact.

I mean, if we're talking about the Egyptians and what the sun and water would mean to them, for the sun I would think Ra...the creator of life. For the water I would think of the Nile...the sustainer of life. Or, like this in Wikipedia:

<i>The sun was thought to travel in a boat, to protect its fires from the primordial waters (Nun) of the underworld it passed through during the night. Ra traveled in the sunboat with various gods, including Ma'at who guided the boat's course and Set and Mehen who defended against monsters in the underworld. These monsters included Apep, the serpent who tried to stop the sunboat's journey every day by consuming it. So, the Egyptians saw the sunrise as the rebirth of the sun through Nut, the sky, and thus attributed the concept of rebirth and renewal to Ra, strengthening his role as a creator god.</i>

Also, there is the idea of the sun being the masculine giver of life and water being the feminine.

Or, maybe this:

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/nun.htm

But, at no point would I think that it meant ruling over everything between the sun and the waters...which would simply be the captain of Ra's boat...Ma'at Razz

OK, it took me a while to realize this, but...

There is one way that Tachy's comment makes sense, which is to think of "Sun"and "Water" astrologically rather than literally. This gets you Leo and Aquarius, which are spookily enough on opposite sides of the zodiac. So interpreted this way, we get that the Order rules at all times, everywhere. This seems a bit more Orderly to me.

If you want to see this in practice, here's a link to the Zodiac Of Dendera (ooh, I remember that) with the western equivalents handily added:

http://sunnyokanagan.com/joshua/Denderazodiac.html

Aquarius is top right, Leo is bottom left.

Oh, and there's 12 signs to the zodiac, in case we were looking for another 12.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:

There is one way that Tachy's comment makes sense, which is to think of "Sun"and "Water" astrologically rather than literally. This gets you Leo and Aquarius, which are spookily enough on opposite sides of the zodiac. So interpreted this way, we get that the Order rules at all times, everywhere. This seems a bit more Orderly to me.

If you want to see this in practice, here's a link to the Zodiac Of Dendera (ooh, I remember that) with the western equivalents handily added:

However, Aquarius is an air sign. Cancer, Pisces and Scorpio are water signs. Also, Pisces is ruled by Neptune.
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
ignatzmouse wrote:

However, Aquarius is an air sign. Cancer, Pisces and Scorpio are water signs. Also, Pisces is ruled by Neptune.

True, but isn't "mu" descended from the same water sign that stands for Aquarius? One of the signs for Leo is the sun symbol that became "theta". So I don't think theta/mu -- Leo/Aquarius is a huge leap for an Order with an astrological bent.

Of course, this doesn't help with the other ligatures, since I don't see an astrological connection there...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: