Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After reviewing old videos--this post is long.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Jonas aka Jonastko
View previous topic :: View next topic  
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: After reviewing old videos--this post is long. Reply with quote

I've been looking at Jonas' old videos, and trying to decide if Jonas is trustworthy. This is the answer I've come up with:

Jonas started out as a very insecure character with "issues". It's obvious from watching the earlier videos that Jackson (the actor who plays Jonas, for those who don't know) was very good at molding this character, much more so than we've given him credit for. If you watch the progression of this character from the start, right up until the "Snow Angels" video, you can clearly see how having Bree and Daniel around changed his character for the better. He has become more self-confident; but that is not the main point of this post.

In one of the first videos, Jonas talks about how he could do handstands for another three hours, or take a nap. Obviously, he has no friends or family, and is very lonely; so lonely, in fact, that he has acquired some nervous tics. While at first I found these tics to be indications of dishonesty, I don't feel that way after reviewing the videos. He does, indeed, have "issues" as he said. While he says he has a hard time trusting people, he invites Bree and Daniel to stay with him. I would consider this typical of a man who wants to socialize, but has become so isolated he doesn't know how. He's crying out for love from others, but at the same time is afraid of being hurt and/or abandoned (we know why that is, right?).

As of late, I've been very critical of Jonas, thinking he was working for the Order; but after watching these videos, I'm leaning more towards him being just what he seems to be... a lonely guy who wants some love. If he is in the Order, he has done a very good job of seeming totally sincere in front of the camera. The earlier things that seemed to indicate dishonesty to me, no longer seem that way on hindsight. He seems to be just what he appears to be; a guy that hasn't had any experiences with true interpersonal relationships, and as such has developed tics and defenses that make him look as if he is hiding somethng.

In the video "Snow Angels", I think we are seeing Jonas learning to trust. We see him becoming almost child-like, and letting down all of his defenses. Does he love Bree? After reviewing these, there is no doubt in my mind that he does. Does he love Daniel as a brother? Again, the answer is yes. Is he conflicted between the two? Yes, I'm sure he is, and I'm also sure he doesn't know how to deal with it.

I think that those of us who have critisized Jackson's performance have seriously underestimated his abilities. He has done a magnificent job of molding this character. Kudos to you, Jackson, for having amazing insight into how to portray and evolve this character.

So, where does this leave us? I don't think Jonas is working for the Order. In fact, I don't even think it's a possibility after reviewing these videos. I may prove to be wrong, but I'm betting that the only betrayal we will see here (if there is one at all), will be Jonas and Bree betraying Daniel by falling in love with each other, and finally being open about it.

Now I know some of you are going to want to heave at this suggestion, nevertheless, it's what I see after reviewing these videos. If Jonas (the character) is a bad guy, he deserves an Oscar for his performance, because I don't see anything but absolute sincerity from him from the beginning until now. Straight up, I'm putting my money on Jonas being exactly what he seems to be.

In fact, I'm going to go a step further with this...I think I've been unfair to Jessica and Jackson. While Bree is no longer a likable character, IMO, because of her inability to empathize with others and her princess complex; Jessica has done her best with what she's been given. I don't fault her simply because I think her character is severely flawed. While it's true she seems to portray this character with no real depth, that's because Bree doesn't have any real depth unless she is pushed into the proverbial corner. It's Bree's style just to ignore a problem until it comes to a head, and Jessica does quite nicely portraying her just that way.

Summary:
I think all of the actors are very talented, and don't deserve the criticism that some of us have heaped on them. In addition, I don't think there is anything sinister going on within the trio. Jonas has found happiness in finding friends he believes in, albeit, at an enormous price to himself. Everyone in this trio seems to me to be absolutely sincere...the only danger is from the Order.

Long-winded, and I'm sorry about that. I just needed to post this after reviewing these old videos.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
autumneternal
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo! Applause

I totally agree with you, and that's why, all along, I've been refusing to believe that Jonas is anything but what he appears to be in the videos.

The reference to Bruce Wayne and the hamster tags all make sense now!
Leaven
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought so about Jonas. You put it nicely.
kjones
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Jonas is not so lonely!! Reply with quote

If Jonas is so trust worthy and honest then why is he using his cell phone in secret? If Bree and Daniel are his only friends then who might he be calling?
I'm not saying that Jonas is definately working with the order but, I do think there's more to him then it seems.
tenshiakui
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*slinks from the shadow*

All I have to say is I agree completely.

I think most people don't trust Jonas because they A) See him as a threat to the Bree/Daniel chemistry or B) Can't accsept that someone could be that "good".

but then again who knows the Creators have thrown us for loops before.

*fades to black*

The Shadow of the LG15 Defense Force.
The Mackerel Sushi Chef
Mistress of Nick-Names
autumneternal
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Jonas is not so lonely!! Reply with quote

kjones wrote:
If Jonas is so trust worthy and honest then why is he using his cell phone in secret? If Bree and Daniel are his only friends then who might he be calling?
I'm not saying that Jonas is definately working with the order but, I do think there's more to him then it seems.

He's not using his cell phone in secret. If he was, then Daniel would never have acknowledged that he was using his cell phone at all because he'd have no idea. Plus, as Daniel mentioned, Jonas' phone is prepaid, which means it's less likely to be tracked.

As for who he could be calling, well, I've no idea, but I don't think he's up to anything sinister.

The reference to Bruce Wayne and the hamster tags all make sense now!
tenshiakui
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*slinks from the shadows*

Just a random thought. He's got money. Maybe he is contact the people who handle his finances so they dont worry that he's "gone missing"

We know very little about his weath or where it comes from.

Heck maybe he was contacting a lawer about a will incase something happens!

Just ideas.

*fades to black*

The Shadow of the LG15 Defense Force.
The Mackerel Sushi Chef
Mistress of Nick-Names
SapereAudeo
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for such a long and insightful analysis! This has gone a long way towards convincing me that Jonas is still a good guy Smile
kjones
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenshiakui wrote:
*slinks from the shadows*

Just a random thought. He's got money. Maybe he is contact the people who handle his finances so they dont worry that he's "gone missing"

We know very little about his weath or where it comes from.

Heck maybe he was contacting a lawer about a will incase something happens!

Just ideas.

*fades to black*

Oh I don't necessarily mean he's up to something bad. I just think like any other really good story there's always a twist in the plot, and I think that Jonas is going to be that twist. I think there is something about him that is pretty pivotal to the story. I think he's connected to this in some other way then just being friends with Bree and Daniel.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Jonas is not so lonely!! Reply with quote

kjones wrote:
I'm going to answer your question with another question, because I don't have the answer to yours.

My question is, if Daniel made up with Jonas, how did they resolve the cellphone issue? It seems weird to me that Daniel didn't mention it in this last video.
kjones
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Jonas is not so lonely!! Reply with quote

[]I'm going to answer your question with another question, because I don't have the answer to yours.

My question is, if Daniel made up with Jonas, how did they resolve the cellphone issue? It seems weird to me that Daniel didn't mention it in this last video.[/quote]

I think the comment about Jonas' cellphone use was Daniel thinking out loud. I don't think Daniel mentioned it when he told us that he and Jonas made up because there is still more to come with that subject.
But that's just my thoughts on the story line. LOL I think that I've made up a new plot line in my mind and I'm just reading stuff into it lol.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Jonas is not so lonely!! Reply with quote

kjones wrote:

I think the comment about Jonas' cellphone use was Daniel thinking out loud. I don't think Daniel mentioned it when he told us that he and Jonas made up because there is still more to come with that subject.
But that's just my thoughts on the story line. LOL I think that I've made up a new plot line in my mind and I'm just reading stuff into it lol.
It's cool. You're entitled. Very Happy
kjones
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Jonas is not so lonely!! Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
kjones wrote:

It's cool. You're entitled. Very Happy

lol I take it back, I wasn't on a tangent. Jonas is up to no good. Although I dont' think it's as it seems. I think there is more to Jonas' story line then he is part of the order. I think it runs much deeper then that.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I eat my hat now, or later? Laughing
islandlove
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
Do I eat my hat now, or later? Laughing

It's okay, i thought he was good for a while there too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Jonas aka Jonastko All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: