Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Sees What?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Site/Forum Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like our solution?
I like it! No changes, go for it.
67%
 67%  [ 152 ]
I like it, but I think you should tweak it (see my post below).
14%
 14%  [ 33 ]
I don't like it. I have a better idea (see my post below).
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
I don't like it, but I don't have any ideas. I just like shooting yours down :)
11%
 11%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 225

Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He said that to Nieriel. Nieriel, like as in the brain child, Nieriel. i smart too Nieriel."

Sorry...couldn't resist Mr. Green

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slackey4318 wrote:
I completely agree with garnet on this. I understand the concept. And I understand that we are being asked to suspend belief (more so), but I agree that I can't suspend belief this much. I agree with garnet....I can't pretend to believe that The Order (who has remained a secret organization with people all over the globe and in high places) can't figure out how to hack (so they can watch) a video encrypted by three kids!

Who says they can't. It would be interesting to see an Op Aphid video with a small clip of a video that she should not have seen. A little WTF moment.

X
exanimatebylove
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I already posted but, I LOVE THIS IDEA!!

Oh and by the way, new video...soon, please. I'm having withdrawls. Thanks. Wink

Get lost within the things that make you happy, and you will never be alone...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
djmadscribbler
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

giddeanx wrote:
Slackey4318 wrote:
I completely agree with garnet on this. I understand the concept. And I understand that we are being asked to suspend belief (more so), but I agree that I can't suspend belief this much. I agree with garnet....I can't pretend to believe that The Order (who has remained a secret organization with people all over the globe and in high places) can't figure out how to hack (so they can watch) a video encrypted by three kids!

Who says they can't. It would be interesting to see an Op Aphid video with a small clip of a video that she should not have seen. A little WTF moment.

I have no problem believing that the Order wouldn't be able to to hack "a video encrypted by three kids" - as long as the encryption used was good enough. There are plenty of free programs based on Blowfish (a symmetric block cipher that can have key lengths up to 448 bits - for comparison the US Government says 246 bit key lengths are strong enough for Top Secret level docutments). So I have no problem believing that Oppy wouldn't be able to see the vids (at least not for the decades it could take to brute force a 448 bit key!)

For more info
http://www.schneier.com/blowfish.html
http://www.schneier.com/blowfish-products.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_size
We shall nonetheless move forward to carve a name for ourselves in the annals of bold insurgency and death-defying derring-do. Once I have a keen blade at my hip and the Jolly Roger is flapping high above me, I believe I will find my true calling.
Jo_16_2
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and.... oppy wouldnt necessarily know about those transmissions, it's not like bree would say "dear opaphid, i'm going to communicate via private transmissions so you dont know where we are" Laughing
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right but Oppy would be a fool to not try to look for them.

X
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Encryption would definately be assumed. But it would still be fun to see one of the "private" videos on one of OpAphids feeds as if she hacked her way into it.

X
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exanimatebylove wrote:

Oh and by the way, new video...soon, please. I'm having withdrawls. Thanks. Wink

sameeeeeee
Opladybug
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah even if its a phony decoy vid made just for oppy.

Comments,represent!

--... --... --... --... --... --... ..--- . -.... -.-. -.... ..-. --... ...-- --... ....- ..--- . -.... ..... --... ..... ..--- ..-. ...-- ...-- -.... ...-- -.... ..--- ...-- .----
The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newest video, "Subjects Apprehended," is a "private video" uploaded by someone in the Order. Thank you all for your thoughts and help regarding who can see what videos. We think this is a good solution and will make the show more enjoyable. PM us if you have any questions, thoughts, concerns, or suggestions.

Thanks as always!

The Creators
modelmotion
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: YouTube Reply with quote

I assume this video will be uploaded to the Lonelygirl15 YouTube acccount (eventually) and that you will NOT be creating a YouTube account for the Order individual............right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Creators wrote:
The newest video, "Subjects Apprehended," is a "private video" uploaded by someone in the Order. Thank you all for your thoughts and help regarding who can see what videos. We think this is a good solution and will make the show more enjoyable. PM us if you have any questions, thoughts, concerns, or suggestions.

Thanks as always!

The Creators

intriguing! its finally here! looking forward to the possibilities for this plot that this new device creates!!!!
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I was confused about was whether it was the Order or OpAphid, which you might want to be careful about in the future. Otherwise, great job!! Very Happy
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmadscribbler wrote:
I have no problem believing that the Order wouldn't be able to to hack "a video encrypted by three kids" - as long as the encryption used was good enough. There are plenty of free programs based on Blowfish (a symmetric block cipher that can have key lengths up to 448 bits - for comparison the US Government says 246 bit key lengths are strong enough for Top Secret level docutments). So I have no problem believing that Oppy wouldn't be able to see the vids (at least not for the decades it could take to brute force a 448 bit key!)

For more info
http://www.schneier.com/blowfish.html
http://www.schneier.com/blowfish-products.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_size

So...how many minutes do you give Windows until the OpAphid hacker exploited his favorite security hole and executed his custom keylogger? One or two?

Bree could barely set up her webcam last year. And now she's supposed to recognize whether there's a keylogger recording her carefully picked password ("lonelygirl15"), or people otherwise in her machine? Not to mention that OpAphid could just execute a trojan instead and simply download the unencrypted source file...
Oh, and did I mention the millions of viewers who supposedly decrypt the video, whose traffic could be sniffed? (Plain text password transmission ftw!)

Yes, breaking the encryption itself, in this universe might be hard. But breaking the human element is way too easy. We're talking about people here who had their own homes bugged with cameras. Who have already been held hostage by the Order. Who lived in an Order-house for more than a week.

The idea that they could hide the necessary code to decrypt the video is ridiculous.

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The description for the video says
Quote:
Transmission OTS - 0135 - 09 Subjects location confirmed. Apprehended. Commencing Phase II. Faction: THE ORDER Status: PRIVATE VIDEO

What does the "OTS - 0135 - 09" mean? (or is that something we are supposed to figure out)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Site/Forum Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: