Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Sees What?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Site/Forum Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like our solution?
I like it! No changes, go for it.
67%
 67%  [ 152 ]
I like it, but I think you should tweak it (see my post below).
14%
 14%  [ 33 ]
I don't like it. I have a better idea (see my post below).
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
I don't like it, but I don't have any ideas. I just like shooting yours down :)
11%
 11%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 225

modelmotion
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: OTS Reply with quote

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-the-scene_reporting" target=’_blank’>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-the-scene_reporting</a>

i think:)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cleo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Learn your grammar! Reply with quote

The new format seems cool, but I'm REALLY annoyed with the grammatical errors in the summaries. The Order is supposed to be full of smart people right? Did they not learn about possessives in the first grade? It should be "Subject's location" not "Subjects location!" If Bree thinks the Order's bad, she should be especially wary of the Grammar Nazis.
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: The Long Hard Battle for Logic Reply with quote

Obviously I think this is a great turn of events. I think the onus is for the c's to review some of the excellent suggestions made earlier in this thread and articulate some conventions. Rules of the game as it were. I particularly liked Trainer's take on this, sensible and easy to follow.

Keep it as simple as possible, have the Mods in synch, and it should work. Yes, they are lots of messy details but it still makes more sense than the Trio broadcasting their every move to the order and vice-versa... I think most here are mature enough to follow the SOD if given the parameters to work with. The Mods are sharp enough to keep everyone on track as long as they know the "rules" also. Go get 'em BK!

I am particularly excited about the opportunity to ramp up the in-character threads. This is an area where LG could really leverage the power of the Phorum and make it an even more ground breaking project in interactive media. I also suggest linking to these rules on the YT vid offerings to draw in the casual YT viewer to the Phorum and get them more involved.

I am most pleased Dancing . You have succeeded in shutting up the ranting Monkey.

For now Wink .
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renegade wrote:
djmadscribbler wrote:
I have no problem believing that the Order wouldn't be able to to hack "a video encrypted by three kids" - as long as the encryption used was good enough. There are plenty of free programs based on Blowfish (a symmetric block cipher that can have key lengths up to 448 bits - for comparison the US Government says 246 bit key lengths are strong enough for Top Secret level docutments). So I have no problem believing that Oppy wouldn't be able to see the vids (at least not for the decades it could take to brute force a 448 bit key!)

For more info
http://www.schneier.com/blowfish.html
http://www.schneier.com/blowfish-products.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_size

So...how many minutes do you give Windows until the OpAphid hacker exploited his favorite security hole and executed his custom keylogger? One or two?

Bree could barely set up her webcam last year. And now she's supposed to recognize whether there's a keylogger recording her carefully picked password ("lonelygirl15"), or people otherwise in her machine? Not to mention that OpAphid could just execute a trojan instead and simply download the unencrypted source file...
Oh, and did I mention the millions of viewers who supposedly decrypt the video, whose traffic could be sniffed? (Plain text password transmission ftw!)

Yes, breaking the encryption itself, in this universe might be hard. But breaking the human element is way too easy. We're talking about people here who had their own homes bugged with cameras. Who have already been held hostage by the Order. Who lived in an Order-house for more than a week.

The idea that they could hide the necessary code to decrypt the video is ridiculous.

Not to mention where do they edit and encode these videos. Do they leave raw footage and unencoded snippets wherever they go. If they have a laptop it could easily disappear.

More on keys. They have to exchange the key with the person they are communicating to at some point. Lets put it this way. Would you trust a teenager to keep it safe?

X
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Learn your grammar! Reply with quote

Cleo wrote:
The new format seems cool, but I'm REALLY annoyed with the grammatical errors in the summaries. The Order is supposed to be full of smart people right? Did they not learn about possessives in the first grade? It should be "Subject's location" not "Subjects location!" If Bree thinks the Order's bad, she should be especially wary of the Grammar Nazis.

If there is MORE THAN ONE subject (Bree, Daniel, AND Jonas) wouldn't that mean that the correct usage is Subjects instead of Subject's?
mellie3204
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Learn your grammar! Reply with quote

Libra wrote:
Cleo wrote:

If there is MORE THAN ONE subject (Bree, Daniel, AND Jonas) wouldn't that mean that the correct usage is Subjects instead of Subject's?

actually, "to show plural possession, make the noun plural first. Then immediately use the apostrophe." So it should be: Subjects' location.

(Sorry, I'm a total English nerd. Also, I had a massive argument with an English Teacher in class once who insisted the above form is incorrect, so I kinda always remember this one! Laughing )
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Learn your grammar! Reply with quote

Libra wrote:
Cleo wrote:

I thought it was Subjects'

X
mellie3204
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Learn your grammar! Reply with quote

giddeanx wrote:
I thought it was Subjects'

Beatchya by 1 minute!

Laughing
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the video, "Subjects Apprehended," should be edited so that its "Private Transmission" status and who can see it is indicated within the video content itself.

As it is, without the description text, there is no way to know who the video is from or sent to (other than inferring perhaps from the style of the video, which is not going to be consistent/reliable)

I really think this video should have had a some text at the beginning with the "Private Transmission" and "The ORDER" information from the description ... and then perhaps an "end of transmission" at the end ... something like that.

It is going to be confusing when it is embedded into other websites, blogs, whatever, from Revver or YouTube ... places where the description text might not be seen.

I don't think it makes sense to rely only on website formatting on THIS site for that information - it needs to be within the video itself.
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:
Perhaps the video, "Subjects Apprehended," should be edited so that its "Private Transmission" status and who can see it is indicated within the video content itself.

As it is, without the description text, there is no way to know who the video is from or sent to (other than inferring perhaps from the style of the video, which is not going to be consistent/reliable)

I really think this video should have had a some text at the beginning with the "Private Transmission" and "The ORDER" information from the description ... and then perhaps an "end of transmission" at the end ... something like that.

It is going to be confusing when it is embedded into other websites, blogs, whatever, from Revver or YouTube ... places where the description text might not be seen.

I don't think it makes sense to rely only on website formatting on THIS site for that information - it needs to be within the video itself.

Youtube and revver both have a summary section with thier videos. This information would just be placed there.

X
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

giddeanx wrote:
QtheC wrote:

Youtube and revver both have a summary section with thier videos. This information would just be placed there.

Yes, but that information does not show up when you embed a video from those sites onto another site (unless you copy the text).
Cleo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, fellow Grammar Nazi's, thank you for your aid. I was thinking "subject" would refer to Bree, but a plural possessive does make more sense. The Order has fixed the error.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: private videos Reply with quote

I can understand some folks' concerns about this new private video issue, however, I really didn't mind when watching the first privately transmitted video. I'm just going to roll with the punches and see how this new element works. I know this isn't the most helpful comment, but I did want to voice my support. It does take the series away from where it once was, but I can deal with change. I am most interested in seeing how the lg15 folks approach the issues that come up in continuing their series.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: private videos Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
I can understand some folks' concerns about this new private video issue, however, I really didn't mind when watching the first privately transmitted video.

I do think the changes should have been done with the initial rollout of the ARG and Op/Tachy vids. If it was done at that time it would have made more sense to all. It certainly would have saved me about a million posts, innumerable phlamings, and a lot of time... But hey this IS an interactive experience isn't it Very Happy.

Ditto about the structure of the series, that cat was let out of the bag the moment the first Op vid dropped... For better or worse this is where we are. At least it makes a little more sense with these changes.

A little late, but I think the plot has a lot more potential (and certainly is more logical and realistic) now that Who Sees What.... is well defined.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Site/Forum Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: