Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D.R.O.P. Recruitment
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: D.R.O.P. Recruitment Reply with quote

Hello everyone, ladron121 here.

I am the official leader of the D.R.O.P. (Direct Retrieval of OpAphid Property). Things are starting to pick up in our adventures with OpAphid and Tachyon, which I'm sure everyone is extremely happy about. However, I am going to be unavailable from Thursday to Sunday this week. Since we have our first step in a possible drop (Tachyon profile change leads to craigslist post leads to secret msg), we have to be prepared.

I am looking for recruits. I know that at a moments notice people like saffryn or Luv2LuvEm would be more than happy to go. However, to be prepared and proactive for the future, I would like to get some more people signed up. Here is a list of requirements:

1) You live in California, or a near the California border in another state (if the drop is more than 2 hours from you, you should not go);

2) You have a cell phone (that you can actually use), a digital camera for stills, and a digital camera for video (if your camera can to both, awesome), and the ability to post both stills and video on the forums;

3) You have access to the IRC chat #operationaphid;

4) You can be reached easily and often during a drop recovery, and are willing to work with an Operator assigned by the chat during the drop via cell phone;

5) You have your own transportation to and from the drop site;

Basic procedure is this: we get a drop video, you and everyone else will be in the chat #operationaphid. The group (chat and forums) figures out where the drop is. If the drop is near you, you will tell the chat. An operator will be assigned to you by the chat, someone with experience in the rules and procedures. You will exchange cell phone #s, and confirm that you can communicate freely with each other. You will go get the item, with your operator on the line to assist with clues and insight from the chat and forums. You will video tape yourself retrieving the drop. You will then take it to a well lit area and take still photos of the items in the drop. You will tell everyone what is in the drop, then you will go home to post your info. Any details can be placed in your forum post along with your pictures and video.

If you are not going to be devoted to OpAphid or LG15 for a lengthy period of time, please do not post. Not only do you have to be available to answer questions, but until the items in that drop are found to have no more significance to the Order you may be contacted at a moments notice to review the items and report to the forums and the chat. No phone #s or contact info should be given at this time. PM through this forum will be ok for now, and the final test will be when the drop comes, if you are in the chat or not. We will not go looking for you.

Thank you, and I look forward to reading your posts Smile
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my first D.R.O.P. trainee! Welcome theresascraps, you are on the list!
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY Theresa!!!!

*is secretly glad nothing happened last weekend when she was gone*

*is secretly sad that it looks like things will happen when others are going to be vacationing*

*hopes they will post pics on the forum of all the fun they had*
islandlove
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to but i live on the other side of the country Sad
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have Operators lined up. fallingintosin and horcruxes will be acting as operators if there is a drop this weekend. They will be in the chat and have experience Smile
mymindislost
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, man. I wish I could, you have no idea! But, I live in Texas. Woe is me. Crying or Very sad

If, by chance there ever are any drops in Texas, I will totally go, granted they're not too too far away. Don't know if I should go ahead and give you my information, yet, though... Confused Probably not, eh?

Good luck to whoever is going (hopefully) this weekend! Very Happy
heyiknowsyou
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Lad, you deserve a gold star for being proactive and organized! Very Happy
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone out of state, thank you for your interest. As LG becomes more successful they will probably move the drops out of California. When that time comes, you will be called on (because I ain't driving cross country).
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wimp
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladron121 wrote:
Anyone out of state, thank you for your interest. As LG becomes more successful they will probably move the drops out of California. When that time comes, you will be called on (because I ain't driving cross country).

Man, do I hope you're right!
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HisGirl and Onewen are now D.R.O.P. trainees covering the S. Riverside County area of CA (Southern California). Thank you for volunteering!!!
girlAnachronism
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be an Operator trainee. I have Verizon.
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

girlAnachronism wrote:
I could be an Operator trainee. I have Verizon.

Generally we let those going on the drop pick thier Operators ... we want them talking to someone they know and feel comfortable with. However, feel free to offer your services when the time comes.

Also, please think about it before signing up. Being a member of the D.R.O.P comes with a huge amount of responsibility. Do NOT volunteer if you do not have a videocamera. And under no circumstances go to retrieve a drop without telling us. We will hunt you down and make you listen to Dashboard Confessional if you do not comply.

EDIT: Cuz I had something else to say. Razz
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify what the Operator has to do during a drop:

They have to stay online in the chat from the moment the D.R.O.P. member leaves until they get back home. They are not only responsible for forwarding information from the DROP member to the chat, but making sure they don't get lost, are safe, and get home ok;

They have to keep in contact w/ the DROP member, and when the drop location is reached forward RELIVANT information from the chat and forums to the retriever. They then must be able to give all info from the retriever to the chat;

I will keep anyone in mind, but my default people are going to be fallingintosin and horcruxes. Both know exactly what to do, and I have personally used horcruxes as my operator on 3 of my 5 drop retrievals.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that my opinion matters, but I think if we are having new people actually retrieving the drops, their Operators should be experienced. That way, at least one of the team is familiar with the whole experience and can guide the newer team member more effectively.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: