Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jonas CAN'T be evil!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Jonas CAN'T be evil! Reply with quote

Otherwise, wouldn't Tachyon at least WARN Bree, or have some sort of misgivings about him? Why would she be so trusting of the guy? Why would she stay in his house for an entire weekend with him?
I can see Bree missing some stuff, but Tachyon just doesn't DO that!

Along with, of course, all of the life saving he's been doing. I have a feeling that the worst possible scenario is that he WAS working for the order, but has since become quite fond of Bree and Beasty and changed his mind. I don't know though, because Gemma AND Jonas juist seems a little overkilled.

Not to mention I'm head-over-heels in love with him.

Bree, please don't hurt him too badly!
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Jonas CAN'T be evil! Reply with quote

Kelly wrote:
Otherwise, wouldn't Tachyon at least WARN Bree, or have some sort of misgivings about him? Why would she be so trusting of the guy? Why would she stay in his house for an entire weekend with him?
I can see Bree missing some stuff, but Tachyon just doesn't DO that!

Why wouldn't she? Even if she suspected, OpAphid's agents aren't the only ones who can do some acting, righit?

Of course, there's also the chance that she didn't know. And there is the chance that he's innocent, as you've suggested.

Though I did come to trust him and like him a lot, I still do believe he was way too convenient (resources, timing, etc.), so I wouldn't be surprised if he really was with OpAPHID. Even if that's true, though, I believe his feelings of friendship toward Bree and Daniel may be genuine and that he might choose to help them.
kwicherbichen
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Tachyon is just some person playing the alternate reality game. How do you expect her to know everything?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwicherbichen wrote:
I thought Tachyon is just some person playing the alternate reality game. How do you expect her to know everything?

Tachyon's one of the main characters of the storyline introduced in the ARG and which finally converged with Bree's storyline (after a few prior references) in "The Human Ransom." She's a badass James Bond-ish kind of character, only James Bond isn't badass and she would kick his ass.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Jonas CAN'T be evil! Reply with quote

Kelly wrote:
I have a feeling that the worst possible scenario is that he WAS working for the order, but has since become quite fond, because Gemma AND Jonas juist seems a little overkilled.
I don't understand why you have a problem with this, Kelly. It's not like the Order is just going to stop following/spying on Bree. Of course they sent another operative to keep an eye on Bree. They aren't going to say, "Oh, well, Gemma failed, so now we're going to give up".

In fact, to me, it's the only thing that could have possibly happened to keep the story coherent.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
veela-valoom
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem isn't that the order wouldn't behave that way as much as it would just be poor writing.

I don't like repetitive plots (I said this in the last thing).

This mirrors Gemma way too much for my taste.

Besides, wouldn't you think the Order would find a new way? And don't yhou think something would have happened by now?

To me THIS just doesn't make sense.

Cassi
islandlove
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think tachyon would have outed him by now but idk
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veela-valoom wrote:
I think the problem isn't that the order wouldn't behave that way as much as it would just be poor writing.

A little lacking in variety maybe, but not necessarily poor. I think it would be more poor if it didn't seem like logical behavior for htem.

veela-valoom wrote:
I don't like repetitive plots (I said this in the last thing).

This mirrors Gemma way too much for my taste.

Besides, wouldn't you think the Order would find a new way?

They did.

Gemma: supposedly thousands of miles away offering vague suggestions which she went back on a few videos later

Jonas: openly in California and offering a huge house to stay in and tons of money

veela-valoom wrote:
And don't yhou think something would have happened by now?

To me THIS just doesn't make sense.

I guess it would depend on how long it took to make Bree break down and finally do the ceremony.

Though, as some insist, Jonas may yet be revealed as innocent of all charges. Not sure what I think. I'm leaning more toward that he might be revealed as innocent of some but not all.

islandlove wrote:
i think tachyon would have outed him by now but idk

One would think so. I don't know what reason she might have had to wait, but I don't pretend to know what that woman thinks either. She's very good, and is always one step ahead of everyone.
autumneternal
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
She's very good, and is always one step ahead of everyone.

If she was one step ahead of everyone, I doubt she would have put herself in a position where she could be identified by one of the Order's own. She chided Brother for doing so with Gemma, I don't think Tachyon would be so careless.

That's why I find it incredibly hard to believe that Jonas is a part of the Order. Tachyon is always one step ahead.

The reference to Bruce Wayne and the hamster tags all make sense now!
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

autumneternal wrote:
Lurker wrote:

If she was one step ahead of everyone, I doubt she would have put herself in a position where she could be identified by one of the Order's own. She chided Brother for doing so with Gemma, I don't think Tachyon would be so careless.

That's why I find it incredibly hard to believe that Jonas is a part of the Order. Tachyon is always one step ahead.

Probably as good an argument as I've seen for why Jonas may be innocent in all this, actually.
frankenstein girl
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vacation home belonged to Jonas's parents. Maybe they're the ones who were a part of the order. You would think Jonas would be if his parents were, too. But I don't know.

I guess we'll find out with time. Lots and lots of time.
Magesa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
autumneternal wrote:
Lurker wrote:

Probably as good an argument as I've seen for why Jonas may be innocent in all this, actually.

Before I was 100% Jonas is bad, but that's a really good argument. However:

12 Reasons Why Jonas is Bad
1. That symbol is suspicious. Very very suspicious.
2. Why didn't Lucy catch him in the Human Ransom video? She was too close -- she should have caught him, if he were good.
3. Doesn't the whole "Watch This!" video make more sense if Jonas is bad? The whole thing looked staged, no one was really hurt, Jonas could easily have just been making a show.
4. He always seemed to underestimate the Order. "I mean, they're bad, right? After what they did to her Dad?" And he hestitated in "The Unthinkable Happened": because he didn't know what the Order wanted him to do?
5. He was too convenient. Way too convenient.
6. He was always trying to get Bree to open up.
7. He encouraged Daniel to get out of the house, go to Pins and Pints, and leave Bree. And get kidnapped.
8. He made a big show of taking a risk to look at the cowboy's van, but he never even though to look in the house.
9. In "Storm the Castle" he wants Bree to talk to him, tell him her plan, plan, and just "Storm the Castle." He wants to undermine a plan she may have and make a plan on his own terms.
10. He seemed very confused in "The Human Ransom." It didn't seem like he knew of the plan beforehand. Could Tachyon have warned Bree to keep it secret even from Jonas?
11. He used his cell phone. Not only was that stupid, but who did a friendless, childless parent have to call? Calling ahead??? To whom??? The Order, that's whom!
12. Lastly, Gemma wasn't always consistant, remember? A lot of her advice was quirky and bad (for Bree), but some of it baffles us: it just doesn't make sense if she wanted to help the Order. So Jonas=bad may not be totally consistant.

Even so, Tachyon sniffed Gemma out... Confused

I'm still open to the "Jonas is with the Order, but he doesn't really believe in it/isn't as bad as the others/still likes Bree/Daniel a lot, so isn't totally bad. But I'm leaning towards bad. I'm sure we'll see his disposition in the next video, and that will be a huge clue to this.

EDIT: Reason number 13: Bree said that she asked a lot of questions, presumably to Jonas, and if that's so, then she probably got some answers back that proved her points. She is SO sure.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I agree with many of your points, and he does seem suspicious. However, I'm gonna reserve judgment until I know where that cardboard with the symbol on it came from. I think it's possible that Daniel is under the influence of the Order, and he was supposed to plant it for Bree to find, knowing she would assume it belonged to Jonas. It's also possible it was planted by the Order.

Someone even said it looked like a bookmark, and could have fallen out of one of the books that Tach left in the package without Daniel realizing it.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
exanimatebylove
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad That video made me very very very sad. Sad

I mean, there's still a good chance he's good right? I mean, his parents disappeared yeah...and maybe they had something do to with the order but he never knew about it. Maybe he's innocent. I have REALLY grown to like Jonas. And honestly, If they made him a bad guy all of a sudden that would really piss me off. Mad

Enough said.

Get lost within the things that make you happy, and you will never be alone...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sanjay
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jonas was an order member, why would he be so careless as to leave something so suspect lying around his parents retreat? It is after all a retreat rather than his normal home so most of the stuff there would be things he's packed, which begs the question of whether it's his or an old family heirloom/item that even he had no clue of in relation to its origin up until now?

Just something to mull over, after all, the order has been very well contained up until now, making their moves very hard to track, something this careless seems not right, Tachyon just doesn't make mistakes like that.

Btw, has anyone bothered to think of whether Daniel planted this on Jonas after the vid "Cracked the File" where he identified the symbols? He was after all, susceptible to enemy compromise and mind contamination through the spin art, maybe he returned with the idea of planting it on Jonas and then escaping with the information he had whilst Bree is distracted?

Peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: