Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4th Creator?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: 4th Creator? Reply with quote

Ok I may be biased here (with my being a total 'Ophead' and all) and this is in no way meant to offend Miles, Greg or Mesh, but I'm wondering why Glenn Rubenstein is labeled only as "writer" in the LGPedia. Whenever there is any sort of publicity for LG15 the 3 "Creators" are the ones who get the credit. We all know that Glenn does a lot more for the story than write. And he did create some of the characters that are major in the story right now. I just think that someone as talented as he, and who has done so much for the Lonelygirl story that we all love, should get more credit than 'writer.'

I've mentioned it to him before asking him why this is. I asked that since he created OpAphid, Tachyon and co. why he was not considered a creator as well. He kind of skirted the issue with me so I didn't really get his real feelings on the issue, but he did jokingly refer to himself as the 'Intelligent Designer' of OpAphid/Tachyon. The more I thought about it, the more perfect it sounded.

So, here is my proposal. I think that if we are not going to call Glenn a 'Creator' we should call him the 'Intelligent Designer.' Even if it was a joke, I think it fits him. He definitely deserves to be known as more than a writer imo.

I shall get some rest when the profile tells me to.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 4th Creator? Reply with quote

Luv2Luvem wrote:
Ok I may be biased here (with my being a total 'Ophead' and all) and this is in no way meant to offend Miles, Greg or Mesh, but I'm wondering why Glenn Rubenstein is labeled only as "writer" in the LGPedia. Whenever there is any sort of publicity for LG15 the 3 "Creators" are the ones who get the credit. We all know that Glenn does a lot more for the story than write. And he did create some of the characters that are major in the story right now. I just think that someone as talented as he, and who has done so much for the Lonelygirl story that we all love, should get more credit than 'writer.'

I've mentioned it to him before asking him why this is. I asked that since he created OpAphid, Tachyon and co. why he was not considered a creator as well. He kind of skirted the issue with me so I didn't really get his real feelings on the issue, but he did jokingly refer to himself as the 'Intelligent Designer' of OpAphid/Tachyon. The more I thought about it, the more perfect it sounded.

So, here is my proposal. I think that if we are not going to call Glenn a 'Creator' we should call him the 'Intelligent Designer.' Even if it was a joke, I think it fits him. He definitely deserves to be known as more than a writer imo.

It's probably simply a matter of who the 'original' creators of the LG15 concept were . Amanda get no 'Creator' credit either.

I like the 'Intelligent Designer' tag but what I like even more is the fact that Glenn has managed to create a series of characters who exist only in our minds. We've never seen them, yet they are very real to us (with the exception of you seeing Brother/Glenn which was accidental).
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 4th Creator? Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
Luv2Luvem wrote:

It's probably simply a matter of who the 'original' creators of the LG15 concept were . Amanda get no 'Creator' credit either.

I like the 'Intelligent Designer' tag but what I like even more is the fact that Glenn has managed to create a series of characters who exist only in our minds. We've never seen them, yet they are very real to us (with the exception of you seeing Brother/Glenn which was accidental).

IAWTC
The division has use as well. We're better able to discuss Creator only, joint projects and Glenn only videos and puzzles better.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the designation of "the Creators" was created as an identification for the original creators (Greg, Mesh, and Miles), but at the time, I don't think any of us knew of or expected there to be others with major roles.

These days, I myself always include Amanda when I say "the Creators," and lately I've started to include Glenn as well (I don't know enough about Kevin Schlanser and Vanessa Roveto's work on the series, but if I did, I'd probably find myself including them to some extent too - if only with regard to certain episodes).

Seeing as how there's two different definitions for "the Creators" right now (one meaning the people who originally came up with it and got it going, and the other meaning those who continue to create the series), it may be time for a new title. "The Creators" could continue to refer to Mesh, Miles, and Greg, and we could use something like "the Designers" when we're referring to those three and everyone else.

But at this stage, it's probably unlikely everyone would learn the difference or break with habit.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to add that the designation "The Creators" would also include many of the shows fans, as it is obvious that some of the input from them has been incorporated into the series.

I don't think a name change is required, but it might be time for a new avatar.

Smile
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
I'd like to add that the designation "The Creators" would also include many of the shows fans, as it is obvious that some of the input from them has been incorporated into the series.

I suppose one could make that argument to a certain extent. "The Honorable Mention Creators."

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
I don't think a name change is required, but it might be time for a new avatar.

Smile

If we keep adding people to the list, we might have to start making allowances for bigger avatars. Everybody in the updated picture will look like a spec.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironic that the two with the least cred dished out to them are my favourites.

Go teams glenn and amanda.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to make something clear because I don't think that I articulated myself very well. I am in no way saying that everyone who has anything to do with the series should be called a 'Creator.' I know that in the Lonelygirl world the term 'Creator' refers to the 3 that came up with the concept. I am also not saying that anyone is better than anyone else. I respect The Creators and what they have done immensely.

I am simply requesting that Glenn be credited a little better in the LGPedia. As of now his title is 'writer.' He does so much more than that for the show. Not to mention, he runs the ARG (from what I understand) by himself. I'm not asking that he be labeled a creator, just something more than 'writer.'

I shall get some rest when the profile tells me to.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Luvem wrote:
I just want to make something clear because I don't think that I articulated myself very well. I am in no way saying that everyone who has anything to do with the series should be called a 'Creator.'

I don't think anyone felt you had, but there's actually been quite a few opinions forming about this of late (several from people who haven't dropped by this thread and shared them), though this is the first time someone's actually made a thread specifically about it. We were just using the opportunity of a focused topic you presented as a springboard to offer our own views on the issue.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i figured i'd point out that Glenn has been listed as a "writer/director" for lg15 in the lgpedia since Feb 14.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do the Creators (original three), Glenn and any others this would actually affect feel about this? If they are o.k. with it, I'm inclined to now worry about it. If they aren't, then maybe I will feel differently...since it doesn't really affect anyone but them.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: 4th Creator? Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
Luv2Luvem wrote:

I have to completely agree with trainer, what Glenn has done is simply amazing. I also think he deserves more than a simple "co-writer" tag. (Intelligent Designer is catchy, imho). I'd just like to say, if not for Glenn, the LG15 videos wouldn't even get a second glance from me, but he's made them 100 times better. woot Glenn Wink
[21:32] SuperRad7: you in trouble now, boi
[21:32] * Xrynaem cracks his fingers
[21:32] Xrynaem: Bring it!
[21:32] ThaBeave: D IN APHID!
[21:33] Xrynaem: OH SNAP!
[21:33] * ThaBeave KICKS XRY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the tag of Intelligent Designer isn't appropriate. He may be responsible for turning around the quality of LG15 vids, but let his first creation fall off because of it.

I say, since LG15 and OpAphid are one in the same now, just call him a Creator and leave it at that.
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think 'Intelligent Designer' is clever!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: