Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fan Writing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lemmonberri
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Fan Writing Reply with quote

Hello. =) Erm, the entire Jonas thing has created plot bunnies in my head, and when that happens, I need to write. So, I wrote my first fanfiction in a while (and the first one for this series):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The darkness seemed to swallow the room, the barest flickers of sunlight bouncing off of the snow, casting bluish shadows across the walls. He remembered playing here, his parents in the next room, reading by the fire. He remembered his toy cars and stuffed dogs, creating a web of stories that only made sense to him. He remembered when his life was good, when his life was happy. Somehow, he could remember that.

He yanked suddenly at the ties around his wrists, hoping that they would eventually give, but they only cut deeper into his skin. He twisted his wrists half-heartedly; he knew he was just hurting himself, but it was better than sitting there and doing nothing. His wrists were raw and ready to bleed; somehow, that pain didn’t seem to matter.

How could he be tied up? How could he, a trained boxer, be overcome by someone barely weighing ninety-five pounds while soaking wet? A sharp pain around his waist seemed to answer his confusion, and the memory replied with it….

It was the middle of the night. He was sleeping peacefully until he felt himself being jostled. His eyes slowly batted open, but he initially couldn’t see anything but the darkness. Finally, someone moved into the moonlight, her face illuminated.

“Bree?” he asked groggily, not fully comprehending. “What the –”

He never finished his sentence. Bree leaned over and kneed him where it hurt. A rush of wind escaped his lungs as the pain screamed through his body. The last thing he remembered was a fistful of ropes.

He was still sore from the assault, and his face flushed, embarrassed. So much for being a trained boxer; look where it got him: overpowered by a girl whose only exercise was hiking.

Speaking of Bree…how did he get into this mess in the first place? This is what he got for offering a girl he knew from the Internet money and shelter. Looking back on it, he was crazy for offering her anything….

He was surfing around online, bored, when he logged onto YouTube.com. Checking out the most viewed videos, he spotted a girl that looked strangely…familiar. Not really knowing why, he clicked and watched. By the end of the hour, he had seen all of her videos, her friend Daniel’s, and videos made by her other friend Gemma. He sat back, not knowing what to think. On the run, living in motels, watchers…this was insane. He reached out for his video camera, and filmed a response. He mentioned her briefly, but he was unable to say anything more. After editing and uploading, he wondered what the hell possessed him to do so. It wasn’t until he re-watched her video that he realized…she looked a little bit like him.

He filmed more blogs, finally addressing her directly. When a big chat was mentioned, he made sure to be there. Bree sounded distressed and desperate, and he felt his heart tug. He began to type back, “I wish I could help you,”, but he stopped. He could help her. His therapists had always told him he exaggerated in his generosity, but when he had a big house and money, why shouldn’t he help?

He worked so hard to earn their trust, and he was back to square one. More like back to square negative one – Bree trusted him in he beginning, but sure as hell didn’t now. He gave them everything they needed – food, shelter, money – how could she not trust him now? Thinking about it, he had so many opportunities to hurt her: in the beginning, when Daniel wasn’t here; when Daniel was missing; when they were in the motel together; when they were exploring the area around the cabin…if he really was evil, wouldn’t he be stupid to have waited so long to act?

In the time period…he had a blast with Bree and Daniel. He remembered teaching Bree how to skateboard. He could remember Christmas, when he had that goofy Santa hat on and Daniel finally came. He remembered all those foosball battles with Beast. He remembered sleeping in the bathtub when the motel room had only one bed. He remembered the James Bond style adventure when rescuing Daniel. He remembered that last, carefree day with Bree, making snow angels.

He closed his eyes, trying to stop himself from crying. Crying wasn’t going to get him anywhere. Crying showed exactly how weak he was. Crying showed exactly how close he got to the both of them. He had no brothers, no sisters, no real friends…. Daniel was like his best friend: foosball games, teasing each other, bro times. Bree…he just wanted to protect her. He couldn’t explain it, really – he just did. Looks like she didn’t need protecting, and all those months without incidence didn’t seem to matter to her. One day broke everything.

The watcher symbol…he couldn’t explain that. But if his parents were in The Order, wouldn’t he have been like Bree? Celebrating the summer solstice and thing like that? He did whatever he wanted, and while his parents traveled a lot…it wasn’t like he kept a file of what they always did. It was normal for him that they did so.

Or were they in The Order, and he didn’t even know it? The traveling did seem suspicious now, and the symbol…and….

And nothing. There wasn’t any other evidence. The guilt in his gut seemed to be boiling – how could he have doubted his parents, even for a second? He wasn’t Bree – a moment of disbelief didn’t overshadow ridiculously long periods of trust and care.

Daniel had more sense than Bree. Daniel had come and tried to talk. He knew that he blew it – yelling at Daniel, pleading for him to untie him, and finally, spinning wild accusations. He should have known better. He should have. He couldn’t explain what came over him – desperation? Frustration? A mix of both?

A wave of voices slowly floated towards him. He leaned forward as much as he could, straining to hear more….

“I think we should call Tachyon –”

“No, Daniel! I can handle this by myself!”

“Handel what? You haven’t even given him a chance to explain himself!”

“Explain what?! That he’s a part of The Order?!” She spoke again, this time calmer. “I think we should just leave him.”

“Alone?!”

“With a plate of food or something, but we need to get away.”

He shrunk back, fearful for his life. Could Bree…kill him? Brother killed Gemma, and with the way Bree was acting, anything was possible. He remembered the way she screamed at him for what seemed like hours, going on and on about what happened to her dad; she held him responsible for everything.

“What were we supposed to have, some sort of orphan bond?!?” she snarled, face screwed up in hate, fists balled, ready to attack.

He didn’t know anymore, but he still felt a bond, even when she was yelling at him, even as she was suggesting abandoning him, even as she could have been preparing to kill him.

Later at night, Daniel came in.

“I can’t let you free, man, but I’ll do the next best thing.” he said as he loosened his binds. “Just don’t do anything, okay?”

He nodded, and then felt the binds relax around him. With Daniel gone, he easily broke through the binds. Sorry, Beast, he thought. But I’m not staying put with Bree like that.

He grabbed the keys to the van; he needed them to stay where they were. He spied the other camera, and took that along with him. I’m going to prove myself, he thought, sneaking out the back door. I just need to survive this first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So...what do you think? Comments are welcome; constructive criticism is even better.

Last edited by lemmonberri on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg <3

It's beautiful!!!

I love your style of writing. You really captured the emotions of the moment.

I can't constructively criticize right now... it's too beautiful!
lemmonberri
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! =) I'm glad that you liked it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The FanFic Lobby All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: