Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0147 Sorry Jonas [03/07/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arammat
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sappho wrote:
Did anyone else get motion sick from the rocking camera? I can understand moving the camera when the kids are running around, or startled, but there was no reason for it when Bree was just sitting there, talking. It's like Daniel was in a rocking chair or something.

It ruined the whole video for me. Thank God nothing important happened, because I felt too sick to follow it. I couldn't even enjoy the chest shot of Jonas at the end, because I was ready to shoot the cat.

No more videos like this, please.

You know, it's funny it bothered you so much. I didn't even notice it. I'd have to go back to watch it again to even see if it moved like you said, but I'll take your word for it.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyIsCancer wrote:
I liked this video. I'm glad to see a more normal, relaxing video despite the Bree/Jonas tension. I am a little disappointed though because they're at Jonas' aunt's house. I loved them being up in the snow because it gave a brand new feel to everything. They should have stayed their longer. It was an interesting place that I wanted to see explored more. Sad
Agreed. The change of scenery was refreshing.

sparkybennett wrote:
and let me say that the acting in these videos keeps getting better and better... especially Jonas and those smoldering looks!!!
Enthusiastically agreed. No one should be complaining about the acting at this point. Whether you like the character or not, the problem is not the portrayal of said character by the actor. I really hope this series helps to launch Yousef and Jackson's career's as well as Jessica's.

sparrow wrote:
Jonas so wanted to kiss Bree.

Or am I confusing anger with sexual tension (can't it be both?).
Sure can. Remember Sam and Diane (Cheers)?

However, he could be her brother, and he's dying to tell her.

There are only three explanations (that I can see) that make sense with Jonas offering them a place to stay, and then 'coincidentally' having parent's in an anti-Order organization; since it's blaringly obvious that this is way too convenient to make the story even remotely believable, the assumption can be made that Jonas definately knows more than he's letting on. The questions then become: Why is he hiding the information, and what and how much does he actually know?

These are the possibilities I see:

1) Jonas is lying. He is with the Order.
2) Jonas is Bree's brother, he knows it, and he's trying to protect her from something; perhaps some ugly truth.
3) There is some connection to Jonas's parents that Jonas feels Bree can help him with.

Does anyone else see any other reason(s) Jonas would be hiding information from B&D?
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
Mvidrine
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

girlAnachronism wrote:
So since the anti-Order believes in free will, does that mean the Order doesn't? All this time there's been some belief that Bree must agree to participate in the ceremony of her own free will. Is it just the Order's convoluted idea of free will?

I think you're on the right track. In philosophy there are several different ideas of free will. It's been too long sense my Philosophy classes to recall all the major arguements, but one type I remember occurs to me. An argument against free will says that free will is an illusion and our choices are the result of external forces mixed with our internal biochemical brain. Like a computer Data in Data out. One responce to this is that some people claim that this is true free will, they say that the idea that we can make a decision outside of the influences on our lives, and in many ways we are like a computer, so that is true free will.

I think this is kinda what the order feels. It can't directly force her, but it can put pressure on any and everything around her to get her to comply, including kidnaping her friends and parents. So they figure by applying the right kind of pressure on her enviorment they will get her to do what they want, but it still is free will by their thinking because you're only influencing the external forces, so data in, data out
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I don't have time to read everything.
But let me just point out again how unbelievably attractive Jonas is.

Also, when Bree said "This reminds me of things my dad said to me." I thought that was a key part to the video. Maybe there was a connection between her dad and Jonas's parents' organization.

Is it possible her father was a double-agent, like Gemma, but was really on the Anti-Order side? Like he pretended to be a member of the Order and worked for them in the science labs or whatever, but really just wanted to save Bree and others like her from the Order.

Or MAYBE, going back to the sibling theory, Jonas's dad = Bree's dad.
Remember when Jonas was like "Are you sure that's her dad?"

Okay, that's pushing it. But maybe he did recognize him. Maybe their parents were working together. I just thought that line Bree gave seemed to indicate more than just "aw i miss daddy." Smile
frogflute2
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I know someone has probadly said this already but I am tired and but have time to read everything people have said so sorry if this is repeated over and over again. But who locks the door to an office in their own house? It does not really look like the aunt has childs but even if she did then they would be out of town with her so there should be no reason why her office so be locked. Well I said me two cents worth. I will have to check to see what all was said tomorrow.
frogflute2
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:

Also, when Bree said "This reminds me of things my dad said to me." I thought that was a key part to the video. Maybe there was a connection between her dad and Jonas's parents' organization.

Is it possible her father was a double-agent, like Gemma, but was really on the Anti-Order side? Like he pretended to be a member of the Order and worked for them in the science labs or whatever, but really just wanted to save Bree and others like her from the Order.

Okay, that's pushing it. But maybe he did recognize him. Maybe their parents were working together. I just thought that line Bree gave seemed to indicate more than just "aw i miss daddy." Smile

Good point I missed that line.
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which video was this??

EDIT: Nevermind... Very Happy

Last edited by Chelseyrl on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, that's kind of interesting...

I remember that line striking a lot of people oddly back when that video was released. I mean, why would Jonas repeatedly ask who he was ("Who is that?"...."Are you sure that's her dad?"), and seem quite taken aback upon Daniel's confirmation of that fact (*long pause*..."Goddamnit.")?

The video took place before we knew that Bree was adopted. Perhaps Jonas was expecting to see someone else...
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chelseyrl wrote:

Which video was this??

I believe it was "The Unthinkable Happened."

And yeah, the way Jonas said that struck me as kind of strange. I'm not sure if it was just bad writing, bad acting, or if it meant something. I did think it was nothing for a while, but when Bree said "this reminds me of the things my dad said" I immediately recalled that video. I think it's a really cool theory too!
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
I wondered the same thing. The only good explanation that I could come up with is that Jonas doesn't want his aunt finding out that he broke in.

Too late now. Internet.

I think his reaction would have been "That's my dad" if it was the same guy - and he'd have been more upset than he's been since then, presumably.

In any event, that line does seem more odd in retrospect. His reaction seemed like easily dismissed nervousness at the time (and maybe dialogue to fill the space while they moved toward the parking deck), but now it seems like it could have been something more.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:

I think his reaction would have been "That's my dad" if it was the same guy - and he'd have been more upset than he's been since then, presumably.

In any event, that line does seem more odd in retrospect. His reaction seemed like easily dismissed nervousness at the time (and maybe dialogue to fill the space while they moved toward the parking deck), but now it seems like it could have been something more.

I think you're right. I agree that it may be pushing it to say that Bree's dad and Jonas's dad are one in the same.

However, I like my theory that Bree's 'dad' may have been a double agent, and maybe secretly working with Jonas's dad. If that were the case, it would make sense that Jonas could have recognized him from long ago but couldn't quite put his finger on why.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
TOSG wrote:
I wondered the same thing. The only good explanation that I could come up with is that Jonas doesn't want his aunt finding out that he broke in.

Too late now. Internet.

I'm not sure that his aunt is scanning Youtube. I think there's been a lot of times in this series where we've had to suspend a bit of disbelief regarding certain on- or off-screen characters being able to see videos.
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone posted earlier saying something about the Creators on a radio show talking about how the strangeness hasn't even begun... I was just wondering what that is and where I could check it out...
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
TOSG wrote:

Too late now. Internet.

LOL u seem to be forgetting the random vacums that magically prevent the wrong people from seeing eachothers vids in the Breeniverse. ABANDON ALL LOGIC YE WHO ENTER HERE!!

Lurker wrote:

Not if you're stunned. My dad remembers that when he say his dad for the first time in 20 years, he didn't go "daddy dearest!" and jump into his lap. :-p LOL He was understandably stunned and was like " whatdoidowhatdoidowhatdoido?!"
I would think if he found out his dad was linked to Bree, expecially because we KNOW there's something Jonas isn't telling, he won't immediantly say "No, silly; that guy's MY dad!" He'd just go "Oh sweet merciful god I hope there's been a mistake..."
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nieriel.Manwathiel wrote:
I would think if he found out his dad was linked to Bree, expecially because we KNOW there's something Jonas isn't telling, he won't immediantly say "No, silly; that guy's MY dad!" He'd just go "Oh sweet merciful god I hope there's been a mistake..."

I completely aggree with you. If we run with the idea that Bree's Dad= Jonas' Dad, I would think that he would have such an overwhelming amount of emotions and thoughts to even react to that idea...

Plus, if I were Jonas in that situation, I would possibly even feel a little anger towards my father... you know... for faking his death in all Wink

Major betrayal.

But, there's way too many "if's" in that paragraph.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: