Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Virginia Heffernan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I emailed Virginia she also signed her reply with "All best," so I'm buying that it's a real email. I don't think everybody should bother her by emailing over and over to ask if it's true if she's already said it Razz
plugs
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but, but...she signed mine "Al best" Laughing seriously, the mail's real, I wouldn't even bother faking something so easily proved. or faking anything for that matter.
soma
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plugs, you are my hero.
zoom
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Plugs if my email to Virginia made it seem like I didn't believe you. I actually emailed her just for as much clarification as possible. That included how she received any messages and how she knew to trust them.

I also emailed her to "blame" her for my involvement in the LonelyGirl15 Saga. It wasn't until I hear her interview on "On the Media" that I even knew who LG15 was.

No hard feelings, i hope. Razz
plugs
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, it's just with so much stuff going on that seemed hoaxed or fanfic or whatever, it's had to know what's truth and what'd not. I just wanted to clarify for the conspiracy theorists that it was real :p

Looking forward to see if anyone else heard anything. It seems so strange that she would think the creators would let her know about a subplot in this way. Even if the she thought it WAS the creators and they had gone to all that effort to start 'the game' through her, she would definitely have published something about it to give the game the mysterious kickstart she thought the creators wanted.
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plugs wrote:
Actually, I'm not...I can post the email in its entirety if you wish...

I agree, if I was tipped off like that, I'd make a huge deal of it and certainly mention it as part of the story...

Yes, but you don't work for the NY Times. Any good reporter would have kept that bit to themselves, because that leaves the line open for further secret "scoops". No way she would burn that bridge by releasing that knowledge early! I think the alleged "Helter Skelter" aspect of it probably convinced her it was in her own best interest.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, straight up: the NY Times has fact checkers for everything, and nothing makes it in the paper without at least having to be attributed to one verifiable source (especially since they suffered that Jason Blair fiasco a few years ago).

She might not want to reveal her source, but if LG15's creators had nothing to do with cassieiswatching, and there was nothing even semi-official, we should be petitioning the reporter to issue an apology/correction/clarification on her comments last week.

If this were the case at the time of LG15's coming out last week, don't you think they would have gone on the record denying it?

For all we know, cassieiswatching became unofficial as of their post last night that said so... I am sure that they could not have forseen such a strong reaction from a VOCAL minority who had a problem with some of the imagery posted in yesterday's video...
zoom
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: email from Ms. Heffernan... Reply with quote

Just got this email from Ms. Virginia Heffernan. I think it's important in establishing where the sources were from. Somebody else (Plugs) said they had gotten an email from Ms. Heffernan before and this email seems to verify everything.

HOWEVER, I think it merits reading to help establish how "cassie" gained initial credibility. Then, we can examine what WE think is going on in terms of the link between LG15 and cassieiswatching without the assumptions I think we've been operating under (if there is any "real" connection).

Quote:
I indeed got the info on "cassieiswatching" from cryptic sources, but
I had reason to believe that they were telling the truth, as far as it went. They spoke of the rift,
and as evidence that they knew the creators, they sent me a new photo of the swimming hole and its coordinates. Then they showed me the first
"cassieiswatching" video. That gave me the confidence to post on the Screens blog, for what it was worth, that this rebel faction was going to go to YouTube with their subplot.

I don't know if it's an ARG, or what. I figured if it was cool and
engaging, you all could take it from there.

Thanks for writing! Know what you mean about the rabbit hole. it's kind of
fun in there, isn't it, though?

All best,

Virginia
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on Ms. Heffernan's testimony and the knowledge of the locations within the Breeniverse (which may become even more compelling if a third Cassie video features locations from the Learning to Drive video). I think there is little doubt that YT Cassieiswatching is an insider.
plugs
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! Thanks for the info.

You know what strikes me as weird is that 'cassie' would go to such lengths to get this arg/whatever started. Seems so professional so quickly.
soma
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Cassie is Brilliant, don't try to deny it Reply with quote

From a conceptual art viewpoint, I really really appreciate that Cassie managed to get the New York Times to write about her plans by communicating to them through the use of morse code and backwards voice messages.
jammer
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True dat!

Most people would use a press release. But not our Cassie. Not her style.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
sunflowernik
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
Based on Ms. Heffernan's testimony and the knowledge of the locations within the Breeniverse (which may become even more compelling if a third Cassie video features locations from the Learning to Drive video). I think there is little doubt that YT Cassieiswatching is an insider.

I think now she seems to have backed off the whole Manson thing, it seems more likely that they'd quietly let her back on board.
TehSpectre
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see, as much as involving a true-life murder is in bad taste....it makes it that much more real and against-the-grain.

If they truely are in it for the "art", then they will not have a problem shocking people.

-H.P. Lovecraft
wjasong
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
Look, straight up: the NY Times has fact checkers for everything, and nothing makes it in the paper without at least having to be attributed to one verifiable source (especially since they suffered that Jason Blair fiasco a few years ago).

She might not want to reveal her source, but if LG15's creators had nothing to do with cassieiswatching, and there was nothing even semi-official, we should be petitioning the reporter to issue an apology/correction/clarification on her comments last week.

If this were the case at the time of LG15's coming out last week, don't you think they would have gone on the record denying it?

For all we know, cassieiswatching became unofficial as of their post last night that said so... I am sure that they could not have forseen such a strong reaction from a VOCAL minority who had a problem with some of the imagery posted in yesterday's video...

I know this is late in the game for this comment but I was thinking.. it wasn't in the paper, but her NYT blog. I think most papers blogs are an outlet where the reporter has more freedom to give opinon and such.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: