Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

whats up with your life?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Get to Know Each Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freakish
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: whats up with your life? Reply with quote

im interested in hearing about youre lives. are you in school? are you working? where are you on the religous-agnostic-athiest scale? how much family do you have around you? or are you surrounded mostly by friends?

im about to be 20, im a second year at ucdavis studying biomedical engineering, but on account of math=sucky ill probably switch to microbiology or genetics. it would be nice to be able to engineer human tissues and what not though, and itd be awesome to participate in the study of stem cells.

one of the things i find most interesting to talk about is beliefs. its a touch subject for a lot of people, but it really shouldnt be. i was baptized and raised as catholic, but i never went to church or anything. i find myself really being closer to athiest, but its hard to be slightly agnostic. i just prefer massive amounts of empirical evidence over straight up faith.

im interested in you guys...so pleeeeeeease pretty please...answer my questions?
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microbiology? Genetics? *backs slowly out of thread muttering about how she's gonna work with cakes* Embarassed
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your just sugar-coating the "religous-agnostic-athiest scale" part of the question Razz

I wouldn't say I'm hard-core religious (christian music/rap whatever), but I'm not athiest... I do believe there's something out there (bind faith)... I do understand a theory that someone could have just came from the future and shown b.c. ppl stuff from the future, making him look like christ... I do understand that ppl may reincarnate into another life/form/animal... I do understand and somewhat believe in a past life... I believe in karma... I believe in spirits and spiritual essence... I do believe in ''higher powers'' whatever they be called (god/allah/buddha/gov't)

I believe/understand things that are supposed to not be understood to a catholic... what kinda religion would I be under if I went and understood every other religion?

knowledge is power
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesterG wrote:
(bind faith)

I have bind faith, too. But only if it's kept current with all the latest security patches Wink

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
freakish
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess that would make you a strong agnostic..i think the more you learn about it the more of a weak agnostic you'd become. you didnt mention anything about your education or work!

i think that reincarnation doesnt really make too much sense considering if youre in a different intentional state, than youre not you..

i don't rule out the possibility of spirits. i'll be skeptical until someone creates real artificial intellegence, i guess thats what it would take to make me a complete athiest.

what bothers me about the belief in a higher power to explain how everything started is the whole humunculus problem..where did the higher power come from? and then where did that higher power come from?
(gov't-ha)

can you tell me why you believe the things you believe? there has to be something to lead you that way
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"blind faith" and astral travel Razz call me a hippie.. cause i did experience it during the withdrawal of my "E" Days

and something had to have saved me during that toyota tacoma rollover accident at 75mph I had with my friend driving who broke his arm, while I came out nearly unscathed...

I've seen death looming over me, scary hehe a black apparition flying over your head and just out of eye sight as you turn your head is something that etches itself into your mind years after...

anyhoo, it's not something you can explain.. it's not something you can document.. it's an experience humans are not ment to understand..

I am still very curious of the true (meaning what they know and what they hide from what they believe others are not ready to believe) wisdom of various scholars, dalai llamas and various members of the vatican (and the order Wink ) choose to hide or reveal.

gah my spiritual side is fading, I need a recharge... (anyone got any aroma theraphy candles laying around?) Razz
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an athiest. When I went to School, they went to church at christmas and easter.
I had to bring a note from my parents so I didn't have to go.
I got to stay at school playing yatzi with the muslim kids while the others went to church... Which was pretty cooool
freakish
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sami wrote:
I'm an athiest. When I went to School, they went to church at christmas and easter.
I had to bring a note from my parents so I didn't have to go.
I got to stay at school playing yatzi with the muslim kids while the others went to church... Which was pretty cooool

interesting...but why? is it how you were raised or did you come upon these beliefs on your own? and all the other questions i asked...are you in school?
Sheikh Gomelez
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
LesterG wrote:
(bind faith)

I have bind faith, too.

'mute

Me, I like Blind Faith. To think, Steve Winwood used to be cool...

Isn't "bind faith"-- or at least "bound faith"-- something Saint Sebastian had?

And dissension have begun.
Sheikh Gomelez
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SheikhBot wrote:

Come down off your throne and leave your body alone.
Somebody must change.
You are the reason I've been waiting so long.
Somebody holds the key...

But I'm near the end and I just ain't got the time
And I'm wasted and I can't find my way home.

OMG Lil Stevie Winwood was singin' about spaciegirl! Shocked Shocked Shocked

And dissension have begun.
FyodorReader
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: whats up with your life? Reply with quote

freakish wrote:
im interested in hearing about youre lives. are you in school? are you working? where are you on the religous-agnostic-athiest scale? how much family do you have around you? or are you surrounded mostly by friends?

im about to be 20, im a second year at ucdavis studying biomedical engineering, but on account of math=sucky ill probably switch to microbiology or genetics. it would be nice to be able to engineer human tissues and what not though, and itd be awesome to participate in the study of stem cells.

one of the things i find most interesting to talk about is beliefs. its a touch subject for a lot of people, but it really shouldnt be. i was baptized and raised as catholic, but i never went to church or anything. i find myself really being closer to athiest, but its hard to be slightly agnostic. i just prefer massive amounts of empirical evidence over straight up faith.

im interested in you guys...so pleeeeeeease pretty please...answer my questions?

wow interesting... well im 19 soon to be 20 too in my second year of community college at Cypress College in CA... technically my six semester... i was gonna major in math so i know how ya feel when you say Math=Sucky ... aye... i was really great in math but then in college i totally lost interest and it is painful for me now... so i am now gonna major in Illustration and hoping to transfer to a good art school in CA... I am Catholic in belief but i am very liberal politically... i totally agree with stem cell research... i dont think i could ever believe there is no God ... i like to think that God is awesome enough to think of evolution and science along with faith in his big mystery on us... im not a religious fanatic but i was born and raised Catholic so I believe... I know alot of hardcore christian catholics (some in my family) would be like "you're a hypocrite" and "how can you believe in science and evolution" but hey the facts are there and if God is the great God we believe him to be why cant he have come up with these facts? aye.. its very complicated... anyway... ya so i guess its the Long Beach CA native in me thats extremely liberal.. im a very conflicting person... i also think stem cell research is awesome... if i was going into science i would def be interested in genetics... so good luck with that and more power to ya...

(arg i keep finding errors... haha goes back and edits*)

Another Illuminati story? mehbeh...
loobylou
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmmmm...well, I'm 30 this year and still haven't figured out the meaning of life!

As far as religion goes, was raised to make my own decisions and I'm raising my children to do the same. I have no strong feelings towards any religion although there's something cool about the philosophies of buddhism which have always appealed to me.

As far as school....bachelors degree in biology, postgrad in nursing. Still don't know what i want to be when i grow up though!
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheikh Gomelez wrote:
The SheikhBot wrote:
OMG Lil Stevie Winwood was singin' about spaciegirl! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Shhhhh!!
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About BA:

I'm 20, turning 21 in September. I'm a Virgo. I like to be organised and have things planned out...I'm a little obsessive compulsive and sometimes indecisive. I like astrology, astronomy, reading, writing and learning.

I work for my Dad's business. We are moving to NC in a month to open up a business there.

I didn't go to college, but wish I took some classes online at least.

I've had several poems published...and just, love...to write.

I'm a master googler and for that my myspace is myspace.com/stalkerBA. Of course though, I won't REALLY stalk you..I'll just find you. =P

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheikh Gomelez wrote:
Isn't "bind faith"-- or at least "bound faith"-- something Saint Sebastian had?

Albrecht Dürer, nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Get to Know Each Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: