Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

whats up with your life?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Get to Know Each Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheikh Gomelez
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutoPilate wrote:
Sheikh Gomelez wrote:
Isn't "bind faith"-- or at least "bound faith"-- something Saint Sebastian had?

Albrecht Dürer, nice.

I'm pretty fond of his stuff. Wink
And dissension have begun.
raindown
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this thread.
just looks like it could get to really cool places, so here's my little tribute.

I was raised as somewhat-Jewish, not very religious, and left religion as I grew older. I still find the beauty in it, but it means nothing to me... can't think of anyone/anything deciding for me. I'm somewhat attracted to Buddhism and Tao though, but only started learning little about it lately.

As for life, I'm 21. at 18 I finished highschool and joined idf, (Israel defense Army), as everyone has to at 18, and served for 2 years as a computer guide. or something of that kind. I used to travel to all kinds of places and guide there, and it was really interesting.
After finishing my service I found a job, got fired, found another, and now I work as a computer guide (again, 2 years counts as lots of experience) in a Police project that I can't talk about.
I'm still living with my parents, saving money for studying in the uni (hopefully some sort of biology, or like they call it, 'Sciences of Life'), and for making a dream come true this very April - I'm flying to China and Tibet, where I plan to stay and travel for 3 months.
(btw, my life's seriously the most common Israeli path).
freakish
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats awesome that you get to travel. i might do an internship next summer in africa helping in the fight against aids. ive been told i might get aids though so thats kinda making me rethink..
freakish
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:
About BA:

I'm 20, turning 21 in September. I'm a Virgo. I like to be organised and have things planned out...I'm a little obsessive compulsive and sometimes indecisive. I like astrology, astronomy, reading, writing and learning.

I work for my Dad's business. We are moving to NC in a month to open up a business there.

I didn't go to college, but wish I took some classes online at least.

I've had several poems published...and just, love...to write.

I'm a master googler and for that my myspace is myspace.com/stalkerBA. Of course though, I won't REALLY stalk you..I'll just find you. =P

being able to write is probably one of the coolest things evArr...it takes such organization of the mind.
betz28
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here goes.....

i'm betsy ~ i am out of school ~ i'm 32 ~ i work and am in medical supply sales ~ i have my immediate family around me and love every second of it ~ not having kids of my own i tend to consider myself my nieces second mom ~ i am a christian and do believe in God.

nice to meet ya!! Wink
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakish wrote:
Sami wrote:
I'm an athiest. When I went to School, they went to church at christmas and easter.
I had to bring a note from my parents so I didn't have to go.
I got to stay at school playing yatzi with the muslim kids while the others went to church... Which was pretty cooool

interesting...but why? is it how you were raised or did you come upon these beliefs on your own? and all the other questions i asked...are you in school?

I didn't go to church because in my country christianity is the State Religion, and I'm not a christian.
My parents never talked about religion. But I know now that they signed papers and stuff to get their kids out of the State Religion system.

I didn't come up with these believes, I never had any believes.

When it comes to school, I'm a lot like Jonas Wink Razz

I don't have many friends, but I spend a lot of time with the few I have. I have family around me... My Mum, Dad and brothers who are really coool!
- And I obliously like talking about myself Razz
raindown
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakish wrote:
thats awesome that you get to travel. i might do an internship next summer in africa helping in the fight against aids. ive been told i might get aids though so thats kinda making me rethink..

Well, you're not supposed to get aids unless you're not careful with needles, or of course have sex with someone... that's weird.
Sounds super-interesting though.
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:
About BA:

I'm 20, turning 21 in September. I'm a Virgo. I like to be organised and have things planned out...I'm a little obsessive compulsive and sometimes indecisive. I like astrology, astronomy, reading, writing and learning.

I work for my Dad's business. We are moving to NC in a month to open up a business there.

I didn't go to college, but wish I took some classes online at least.

I've had several poems published...and just, love...to write.

I'm a master googler and for that my myspace is myspace.com/stalkerBA. Of course though, I won't REALLY stalk you..I'll just find you. =P

I'm alot like BA... except.. that.. and that... well... ok nm I only got 1 poem published and I guess I'm not really alot like BA at all Shocked
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
kassiaL
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm...let's see. I'm 16 years old, and a freshman at the university of oregon, studying history and journalism (with a focus on electronic media). My main goal in life is to someday become a filmmaker, so we'll see how that goes.
I work for the continuing education program at the u of o, mostly helping with the Learning in Retirement program.
I'd really enjoy working for the peace corp sometime in the near future, but right now I'm pretty happy with my life.
I'm not really religious in the sense of...christianity, I suppose. I don't believe in any higher power, but I'm not opposed to those who do.
So yeah. I don't know what else to really say.
agent_fondue
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So blah.

I'm 23, I work way too much as a staffing consultant for an employment agency.
I'm married to Josh he is a fan-freakin-tastic person.

I am currently doing a show at a local community theatre.

I spent most of my younger years being overzealously faithful to my religion, and ultimately very disappointed when the people around me weren’t everything they claimed to be... I'm taking it easy now. "Finding myself" if you will. It’s a process. It'll take awhile. I'll let you know how it goes.

Vote 'mute in '08! - because Paris Hilton and P. Diddy will both talk about it for months without acctually doing it themselves.

"Celebrate we will for life is short but sweet for certain."
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright...I've been reading this thread and figured I should put something about myself.

I'm Jennifer, I'm 29 (nooo!) and live in rural Indiana. My mother is a French citizen and my father is mostly Sicilian, so I was raised Roman Catholic. I was lucky, I was surrounded by Catholics that were "real" people so my disillusion didn't come until after being exposed to the other varieties of Christians. I tend to like learning about different religions and their history, the impact they had on the history of civilaztion, etc, more than believing in it, lately.
I have a fervent adoration for studying history. It's something I wish I'd realized years ago, maybe I'd have went to school for it or for archaeology. Now, I'm married to Troy and rooted in the mundane routine of living paycheck to paycheck, like most people. I enjoy theatre (though our community theatre is about to go down the drain) and enjoy music and playing music. I play flute and piccolo and still consider myself a band and theatre geek. I used to write...and even moderated for a poetry site...but haven't been able to write anything of substance for almost 2 years, now. I'm an excellent baker! I toot my own horn on this one!

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Kas has a name?!?!?!?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shhhh!

Ah, I forgot to mention I studied ballet for 7 years...!

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked What?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Get to Know Each Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: