Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0148- "Beach Bum"- [3/08/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thinkitthrough
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted in a while but in the last video (and I am sure this was probably said) Why was the back door to the house open but the office room the only room locked?

Maybe Daniel is influenced by the Order through the images of the ocean that the Aunt was in. Maybe?

Here is a weird and probably totally off based theory what if the Aunt is part of the Order and never has left the house but rather locked her self inside the office and is Watching them via hidden cameras (never mind she would have to go to the bathroom some where) . I just want to know what is in the office and on her computer. Another Map?
Chlowee
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we are slowly but surely seeing the US diversity and perceptions on this board. Laughing
joygasm
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chlowee wrote:
well we are slowly but surely seeing the US diversity and perceptions on this board. Laughing

But does it really have a place here?

You other girls better back it up! He is mine! Just ask him!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wallofhonor.org/
GawainsChallenge
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have no idea what is going to happen in the plot next, but I have a possible, very simple explanation for DB's happy mood. He's at the beach by himself, so he's happy. Period. I know that when I am really stressed out (and DB certainly is!), I can often lose all of it by getting alone in nature. It's a sort of euphoric tonic. And a place of moving water such as the ocean is the best form nature for this. What I saw was someone who was simply experiencing a moment of release from his trouble.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I could sit happily on the beach for hours. I completely agree GC.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluejay wrote:
bethy wrote:

Uhm, I grew up here Southern California...so I know what it's about. I like diversity...but things are going from diversity to something else. And, yes...over half of LA county's adult population is functionally illiterate. That's an absolute fact. IT came from a study done by the United Way. This is because the diversity is turning into attitudes of entitlesment. The area is fracturing into cultures, and many of the cultures don't value the level of education available to them.

Here: http://www.vdare.com/rubenstein/la_literacy.htm

At any rate...people who have been born and raised here are leaving en mass. That's another fact...and it's because of the cultural entitlement issues. I know what neighborhoods to avoid...not becuase of crime (although there are some places I wouldn't go for that reason) but because I know if s tore with have somebody who speaks English nor not.

Last weekend I really wanted some true Ramen soup. It's LA...you can find anything in LA. BUt, as it turned out, the shopping center I found had signs all in Japanese...I knew I was in trouble...but I went in anyway, hoping the menus would be in English.

No. In fact...I got totally stared at by the patrons and staff when I walked in. I was clearly the only non-Japanese person in the whole place. The menus didn't have a word of English. The waitress had no idea what I meant when..on giving up on the menu...I simply asked for a Miso Ramen with vegetables. She didn't understand...and it took another patron to relay the message for me. I was the one embarassed...even though I really had no reason to be.

I don't mind the cultural diversity...but this is the US...not Japan. A lot of cultures in LA are glomming together rather than assimilating and sharing their culture. There's a big difference.

What's wrong with feeling entitled to speak/read/write languages other than English? There has always been cultural diversity on this continent, before white/English settlers tried to eradicate it. And to call someone functionally illiterate when they can speak, read and write fluently in one or more languages, but not English, is insulting.

I don't know what all any of this has to do with this video...but my mother isn't a citizen here...but she learned English before moving to an english speaking country. However...if it were a neighborhood that was francaphone...I can see how it would be different. What any of this has to do with settlers, seeing how this isn't even close to that day and age...I don't know...it has nothing to do with immigration and foreign nationals.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled video chat.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
LONGTIMELURKER
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the actual video....

My one (admittedly) shallow issue w/ guys is teeth. and this video was sooooo not flatttering for our dear DB ...Sad

I think Yousef is adorable and the camera angles messed up his teeth IMO.

Bree- Classicly Beautiful/sweet/ "pure"/Vogue

Sarah-Modern Day HOT/ naughty/"dirty"/Penthouse
EternalConfusion
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB was hotter before.. now Jonas is taking the light

I think he was too happy too.

I still think Jonas is revenging the death of his parents.

Bree is an idiot.
daydream183
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the aunt is going to be tying someone up at some point. Don't know who, but why else mention it? Maybe she is part of The Order and Jonas' parents formed their organization to try to help "save" the aunt from the order.
daydream183
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluejay wrote:
bethy wrote:

Uhm, I grew up here Southern California...so I know what it's about. I like diversity...but things are going from diversity to something else. And, yes...over half of LA county's adult population is functionally illiterate. That's an absolute fact. IT came from a study done by the United Way. This is because the diversity is turning into attitudes of entitlesment. The area is fracturing into cultures, and many of the cultures don't value the level of education available to them.

Here: http://www.vdare.com/rubenstein/la_literacy.htm

At any rate...people who have been born and raised here are leaving en mass. That's another fact...and it's because of the cultural entitlement issues. I know what neighborhoods to avoid...not becuase of crime (although there are some places I wouldn't go for that reason) but because I know if s tore with have somebody who speaks English nor not.

Last weekend I really wanted some true Ramen soup. It's LA...you can find anything in LA. BUt, as it turned out, the shopping center I found had signs all in Japanese...I knew I was in trouble...but I went in anyway, hoping the menus would be in English.

No. In fact...I got totally stared at by the patrons and staff when I walked in. I was clearly the only non-Japanese person in the whole place. The menus didn't have a word of English. The waitress had no idea what I meant when..on giving up on the menu...I simply asked for a Miso Ramen with vegetables. She didn't understand...and it took another patron to relay the message for me. I was the one embarassed...even though I really had no reason to be.

I don't mind the cultural diversity...but this is the US...not Japan. A lot of cultures in LA are glomming together rather than assimilating and sharing their culture. There's a big difference.

What's wrong with feeling entitled to speak/read/write languages other than English? There has always been cultural diversity on this continent, before white/English settlers tried to eradicate it. And to call someone functionally illiterate when they can speak, read and write fluently in one or more languages, but not English, is insulting.

Cultural diversity or not, if I'm going to move to another country and open a business, I would have the respect for the people of that country to learn their language - not expect them to learn mine. And as for the cultural diversity of our country, should we all be required to learn 15 different languages just so we can communicate with people who choose to move here and are too lazy to learn English?
plexplex
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cultural diversity or not, if I'm going to move to another country and open a business, I would have the respect for the people of that country to learn their language - not expect them to learn mine. And as for the cultural diversity of our country, should we all be required to learn 15 different languages just so we can communicate with people who choose to move here and are too lazy to learn English?

You're making a WHOLE LOT of assumptions there.

1) Who said that they "expect" you to learn their language?

2) News flash, learning another language is HARD and it takes a LOT of time. Sure, we're blessed enough to have the opportunity to take language classes in school if we choose. But a lot of immigrants who move here are no longer in school, are probably working a lot more than what we would consider "full time", and probably do not have the money to put towards taking real English classes. Plus, they may or may not actually know people who speak English. Does that make them lazy? No. Does that makes them disrespectful to our country or its citizens? No. It makes them pretty darn normal. And people bad mouthing them perpetuating stereotypes about them is helping NOTHING.
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please end all discussion unrelated to the video in this thread. If you'd like to discuss language barriers or other conversations irrelevant to LG15 in a civilized manner, please take them to Off the Cuff.

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
heyiknowsyou
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has an awful lot of off-topic debating going on. Confused

I liked this video, especially DB being happy. I really want to see what Bree and Jonas are up to. I'd like to see them make up (and jonas finally tell her he is her brother... Very Happy )

khjq wrote:
One of my friends in high school had an uncle that was just a few years older than him and he went to school with us....

I don't have much else to say, except to say i have an aunt one year older than i am, two years younger than my older brother. Its not that strange... Smile (Gramps married a much younger woman...)
Kanazaka
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope that Danny B doesn't fall in love with Jonas' aunt, for the sake of all the Bree-Daniel 'shippers out there Wink .

And although this might have already been suggested (don't want to read 14 pages of comments), could Jonas' aunt be Tachyon? Both JA (Jonas' Aunt) and Tachyon have been around the world, and both are not much older than Daniel. So it's possible. Then again, Daniel, Bree and Jonas probably know what Tachyon looks like, so maybe not. Sticking to what we know, it's cool that Daniel is happy relaxing at the beach, since we all need our escapes from the troubles in our lives. And new character might mean new actor in the series, which would be nice. Us guys could use another regular female character at whom we can ogle, especially if she's hot Very Happy .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: