Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0152-Training Hard [3/12/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
janesalteredstates wrote:
Way to gay up the story even more. Rolling Eyes

I would appreciate it if you would stop using "gay" as an insult.
Here, here.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
love_leslie
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that it is necessarily a "training camp" in the typical sense. I doubt that Tachyon has set up all of this stuff to train everyone. I picture it more like Tachyon drilling Bree over and over about stuff, and Bree just refered to it as "camp."

Not that it really matters one way or the other, I suppose...
kassiaL
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:

I second that.
PinkRanger
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HisGirl wrote:
PixieSailor wrote:

As for her personality, I can't see that changing. She's still going to have that childlike innocence, I think. Just slightly less annoying.

I agree. Also, I think people are hard to please (myself in particular) if bree would've turned into a baddie toughie bree overnight, we would have never bought it. The creators seem to have a choice: listening to us whine about it taking too long for bree to mature, or listen to us whine that she matured too fast.

just like when her "dad" died. either we would whine that she was mourning too long, or that she didn't mourn long enough. There was no way to win.

We want Bree to be the perfect character... to only act appropriately all the time in every situation- but then we'd cry... "she's too perfect!"

I picture the creators (after working their butts off getting a vid up a day for us) finally throwing their hands up in the air, screaming "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US???"

I completely agree. I think the creators tried to appeal to our complaints about Bree by bringing back some of her old quirks and personality but this made it a little odd because her character HAS changed and evolved like most characters do over time and that made it a little strange to suddenly see her old personality back again (or almost).
LONGTIMELURKER
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Bree said "head stands and scissor kicks",a vision of Johnny Depp came to my mind....

At first I wasn't sure why, then I realized that when you say "Headstandscissorkick" REAL fast it sounds a little like Edward Scissor- Hands...

Yeah ,that's "how I roll"....Wink

Bree- Classicly Beautiful/sweet/ "pure"/Vogue

Sarah-Modern Day HOT/ naughty/"dirty"/Penthouse
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyboy wrote:
God I hope she isn't really with Tachyon. I don't care where she is, but not Tachyon's Magic Village!

I'm going to go hide in the fan spin-offs where it doesn't reek of wasted potential.

(Wow, that was an angry post. I surprised myself.)

Jane? Why so angry? I kind of like the idea of an anti terrorist camp thing. Im interested in why it would disappoint you so much.

It doesn't even fit the story. Well, it's just poor writing. Suddenly Tachyon has some elaborate training facility? They did the easiest thing regardless of how silly it is. So why is Tachyon now taking time out of her busy schedule - all of a sudden - to hang out with Bree at one of her "training camps?"

I feel like either you know why this sucks or you don't. It isn't something that can be explained.

Oh and for those I offended, my apologies. I meant to say, "way to make the story more homosexual."
GawainsChallenge
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um...I really don't think this is an "elaborate training camp." It looks like a random clearing in the woods. I think it's just Bree hanging out with Tachyon in the woods and Tachyon trying to whip her into shape because...well, she DOES need it. I also don't see this as "mean Tachy." She just doesn't want Bree to continue being a bumbling subject of "teen angst." Sometimes strictness is what is needed; it doesn't have to be mean.
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't even fit the story. Well, it's just poor writing. Suddenly Tachyon has some elaborate training facility? They did the easiest thing regardless of how silly it is. So why is Tachyon now taking time out of her busy schedule - all of a sudden - to hang out with Bree at one of her "training camps?"

For all we know it's a random place in the woods where Tachyon threw down a tent. Bree never called it a "training camp," nor did she suggest it was an elaborate training facility. She just called it a "camp" - which makes sense. A person like Tachyon probably would have places selected in the wilderness where she could go stay while she was hiding out. All we know about it is that there's trees and they have a tent.

I feel like either you know why this sucks or you don't. It isn't something that can be explained.

I think you made some assumptions about it that may not have been intended.

Oh and for those I offended, my apologies. I meant to say, "way to make the story more homosexual."

Oh, this will not go well.

Even if that's meant as a joke (one in poor taste), it looks like flamebait.
teambree
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my god everyone friggin complains SO much... like WAY more than bree!!! and she has the damn order after her ass!
i think it was an awesome video! it shows that bree is actually doing something!
and yea, def think that the info that she gave us about the uprising and all the mysterious deaths is key info!
can't wait to see what jonas and DB have to say about thissss!
i just hope we get to see tachy in a video soon!!!
GawainsChallenge
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, please do not get into an argument about homosexuality! Last video people got carried away talking about immigration, and the video before that, it was incest. I enjoy a good political/cultural/moral discussion as much as (actually more than) the next person, but THIS IS NOT THE PROPER CONTEXT!!!!! Stop now!
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giddeanx wrote:
Couldn't all three of them use some "bad-ass" training. Why just Bree?

'cause Bree is the Neo! Jonas is Trinity (yeah, no way DB can be hot enough to be the male equivilent of Trinity) and DB is, uh, :snickers: Mouse?
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkoLady wrote:
TOSG wrote:
PinkoLady wrote:
I think this is a completely stupid direction to take Tachyon. A camp? She was on the run, when the HELL did she have time to set this up? When did she get this organized? Scissor kicks, hand stands... WHAT? I mean... come on.

This probably just seems whiny, but I don't think this feels like Tachyon. She had to be organized in her own way, of course-- to plant a corpse obviously takes organized work-- but CAMPS? I don't know, I'm probably completely alone in this, but it doesn't feel right.

Her wit, her generally aloof, sarcastic badass...ness... it just doesn't... I don't know.

Maybe it's NOT Tachyon. Just a thought, but it did seem like Bree was being almost try-hard in repeatedly mentioning Tachyon and what they were doing together.

Maybe BD&J just want us to THINK that she's with Tachyon.

I hope. Oh, how I hope that is the case.

I think I should really say though, that Bree really didn't particularly bother me in this video-- I'm kind of indifferent to her personality at this point. I mean, I would have been poking jabs at Tachyon too, if she's turned into some crazy lumberjack ninja. It's really just this direction in Tachy's personality that really really bothering me...

I don't know-- Sami said it really well-- she was cool, setting things on fire... I just imagined her like a different kind of badass, a more practical, clever, quick thinking, technology-based kind of badass-- physically fit of course, but more brains and cunning than braun.

That said, the camp really might not be as lame as I'm imagining it-- Bree might have just made it seem that way.

c'mon; Tachy wasn't wastin babysitters since she was in diapers; she had to learn to. Wink maybe our beloved beyotch wants to make a prodigy Smile
GawainsChallenge
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And because Bree is the one who fled the group...maybe the others will get some training later.
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:

i agree; i don't agree with homosexuality, but comments like that make even me think "geez; what a homophobe".
GawainsChallenge
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Tachyon is still my hero...
Very Happy

"Behold, sir, this is the blazon of the blemish that I bear on my neck; this is the sign of sore loss that I have suffered there for the cowardice and coveting that I came to there..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: