Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Defense of Glenn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
Jewelybug wrote:
Luminous-That is exactly it.

Glenns life can be ruined. It's horrible.

Great thanks he gets for all his talent, hard work and dedication eh?

Just a quick question. I haven't had time to read all the muck that's been generated, and I'm not sure I want to, but was Sphinx involved in setting the house on fire?

Not sure in all honesty. But it is quite the thanks. Drop everything you got going to make an ARG and it ruins everything...bah
[21:32] SuperRad7: you in trouble now, boi
[21:32] * Xrynaem cracks his fingers
[21:32] Xrynaem: Bring it!
[21:32] ThaBeave: D IN APHID!
[21:33] Xrynaem: OH SNAP!
[21:33] * ThaBeave KICKS XRY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
canadas_baby
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThaBeave wrote:
I've never had any direct contact with Glenn, but I can say that this was not handled the way it should've been. Also, I think if pictures were given for clues it was not entirely Glenn's fault, claim some responsibility if you did it because you had to agree to the terms before any kind of trade actually took place and that's if indeed any such thing took place. In terms of the shilling, clues should've been given in a different way, such as the character meant to recieve the message slowly leaking what they had figured out instead of this behind the scenes clue leakage. All in all I can't really put much into this argument, but it's spiraled out of control and if anything is going to get solved the discussion needs to keep some level of decorum instead of all of the mudslinging that's been going on.

Beave, have I told you yet today that I love you? That's exactly how I see it. I don't like the idea that tips were given OOG, that bothers me a lot. It's not the right way to go about things, however I still don't want to lose Glen as PM. It's easy for him to change the way he did things, and bring this back to being fair. There is a compromise available, I'm sure of it.

Oh dear.
chixor1
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
You can look at it like that...but if he did this, then he should have know that what he did was very wrong in the eyes of ARG players, I think that's what chixor meant.

Exactly trusting a PM is very important when it comes to participating, and if any solves at all whether for naked pictures or not, were given to players, thats unacceptable.
If it were a bartered trade, however then that becomes an abuse of power.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, there are people making assumptions without even reading everything, now? Vets like Sad Panda, Ladron and Tilting leave and it's all a sham? I mourn the loss of veterans like that, personally...the people who DID make theARG what it was and spent so much time devoting themselves to it.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Lola
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted elsewhere but want to add my support here too. I've been watching and playing OpAphid from the beginning. I admire all the hard work and talent that Glenn has put into OpAphid and agree that it's hard to see someone else filling those shoes. He created a world, strong voices for each character and a storyline that could go in so many different, exciting ways.

I would love to see something worked out that would allow him to continue. I've never spoken to him but it's clear to me from the work itself how passionate he is about the story he has to tell and that perhaps, his eagerness to please, or keep things moving hasn't been handled in the most perfect way.

Whatever happens, Glenn I do see a bright future for you. Thanks for all the OpAphid fun.
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
So, there are people making assumptions without even reading everything, now? Vets like Sad Panda, Ladron and Tilting leave and it's all a sham? I mourn the loss of veterans like that, personally...the people who DID make theARG what it was and spent so much time devoting themselves to it.

Don't take this personally, but you can't compare losing A drop retriever and a couple of moderators to losing the PM. Sorry.
[21:32] SuperRad7: you in trouble now, boi
[21:32] * Xrynaem cracks his fingers
[21:32] Xrynaem: Bring it!
[21:32] ThaBeave: D IN APHID!
[21:33] Xrynaem: OH SNAP!
[21:33] * ThaBeave KICKS XRY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chixor1 wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
You can look at it like that...but if he did this, then he should have know that what he did was very wrong in the eyes of ARG players, I think that's what chixor meant.

Exactly trusting a PM is very important when it comes to participating, and if any solves at all whether for naked pictures or not, were given to players, thats unacceptable.

My point still, is it worth ruining someones life over?

chixor1 wrote:

So who is it, specifically, that supposedly bartered nude pics for game solutions? Is it known? Or are these merely vague allegations? Is there hard evidence, or just hearsay?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are as much a part of the game and the LG15/OpAphid experience as anyone. The mods helped keep things coherent and organized, without a drop locator...well, what about drops? Glenn knows the ARG world. He made his decisions. Don't make him a saint if he isn't even defending himself.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
chixor1 wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

My point still, is it worth ruining someones life over?

chixor1 wrote:

So who is it, specifically, that supposedly bartered nude pics for game solutions? Is it known? Or are these merely vague allegations? Is there hard evidence, or just hearsay?

If he made his bed, let him lie in it. only he can defend himself. You stated you didn't even read everything.

canadas_baby
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

I do mourn the loss of the vets, they were important to the game. However at the same time I also mourn the loss of Glen. Glen made mistakes, I agree, but everyone does at some point. Give the guy another chance, supervise what he's doing next time maybe? IMO, the creators could keep him on if they made sure he never spoke to anyone OOG again.

Oh dear.
chixor1
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:

I have no idea, who is involved, and to be honest I think a lot of this has been blown way out of proportion.
The fact that solves have been given is old news, people just didnt want to admit it.
As I said I dont care about the allegations of the pics or whatever, crossing the player/character boundary is bad.

Is it worth ruining someones life over?
Im not here to ruin anyones life, ask the people who have become vehement about the situation.
Im trying to avoid any such discussions actually. I think everyone involved has to accept some responsibility for participating in "whatever it was" that went on.
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
They are as much a part of the game and the LG15/OpAphid experience as anyone. The mods helped keep things coherent and organized, without a drop locator...well, what about drops? Glenn knows the ARG world. He made his decisions. Don't make him a saint if he isn't even defending himself.

They weren't the only mods and he wasn't the only drop retriever. Three people did not make this game what it is. Yes, they were veteran players. But there are still vet players here. More than you know.

I shall get some rest when the profile tells me to.
chixor1
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the interest of trying to be diplomatic about it all, there really is no reason why Glenn couldn't still be involved in the OpAphid game.
However what his involvement would be, is something that should be seriously discussed. At this point in time obviously a lot of people do not trust him as a PM, there is no reason why his creative participation cannot continue however.
Maybe they need to get some help / advice from people who have PM'ed an ARG before, and allow someone else to be involved in character participation.
Glenn still has the knowledge of the story to continue as a writer or creater of the videos or puzzles.
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous, in the "open Letter" thread, fallingintosin is the one who came out and admitted that the nakkies in question involved her. I don't know what really is going on, just pointing you toward the source.
canadas_baby
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chixor1 wrote:
In the interest of trying to be diplomatic about it all, there really is no reason why Glenn couldn't still be involved in the OpAphid game.
However what his involvement would be, is something that should be seriously discussed. At this point in time obviously a lot of people do not trust him as a PM, there is no reason why his creative participation cannot continue however.
Maybe they need to get some help / advice from people who have PM'ed an ARG before, and allow someone else to be involved in character participation.
Glenn still has the knowledge of the story to continue as a writer or creater of the videos or puzzles.

I agree chix, if the correct actions are taken, I think everyone could be pleased with the outcome.

Oh dear.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: