Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DISCUSSION] Pictures. Legality, Reality and such
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: [DISCUSSION] Pictures. Legality, Reality and such Reply with quote

Fall either was asked to or offered to trade nude photos (they weren't her) for the XX/Xy mask.

Is this really illegal? Did this happen to others?

(please try to stick to what's been shared and less to what's been guessed at for libel's sake)

[No flames kthx]
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it all boils down to the contract (which i doubt lowly players are allowed to see;)). all institutions (for fun or not) have rules so it'd depend on what rules they set up.

i would think there would be rules for occasions like this as well; i would think with a lawyer on the team that they would have gone through most any scenarios that could be possible.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think really this is a dangerous thread...

I think I will stay away and all of you will too unless you have a law degree of some kind and are willing to speak ONLY in hypotheticals with out making assumptions... .. .

kthnxby
agent_fondue
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the whole thing is particularly icky, if the pictures were traded between consensual adults is it really a legality issue? I have heard several people screaming sexual harassment, but if someone was desperate enough for a clue or an answer to send a nude photo of themselves I don’t think sexual harassment can really be called on here (although their mental health might be in question).

*edit to say that this is purely my personal opinion

Vote 'mute in '08! - because Paris Hilton and P. Diddy will both talk about it for months without acctually doing it themselves.

"Celebrate we will for life is short but sweet for certain."

Last edited by agent_fondue on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to jump in here and caution everyone to be very careful. Even those with a legal background are likely to have varying opinions - that's why we have a court system. Those of us who are laypersons really have no clue and anything posted here would be purely speculation.

Last edited by trainer101 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

agent_fondue wrote:
Although the whole thing is particularly icky, if the pictures were traded between consensual adults is it really a legality issue? I have heard several people screaming sexual harassment, but if someone was desperate enough for a clue or an answer to send a nude photo of themselves I don’t think sexual harassment can really be called on here (although their mental health might be in question).

:lol @ the final line: that's why i say it'd be up to the contract and what the createatrons have defined as okay and not okay behavior when they joined forces with glen.

edit -- i think the only legal issue would be breech of contract if these are such provisions in there stating this type of behavior as a no-no.

Last edited by Nieriel.Manwathiel on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

There is no issue regarding the legality of what occured. There are some moral and ethical issues, but not criminal issues. It is a transfer of information between consenting adults.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent_fondue wrote:

where this isn't an isolated case, it really depends.
If he asked someone who wasn't willing to comply then it could possibly be sexual harrassment. But that also depends on the way the conversation went.

I think that jumping to say that he acted illegally may be wrong, I've done as I think it may be safe to assume he may have pressured someone into doing so, but thats my opinion. Others don't share that opinion.

also some people wonder if it may e possible that some of the people who are keeping this a secret, could ahve possibly lied about their age. That a whole other issue, that if it ever comes about I garentee it won't even be allowed to be discussed in the forum.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
agent_fondue
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
agent_fondue wrote:

If he asked someone who wasn't willing to comply then it could possibly be sexual harrassment. But that also depends on the way the conversation went.

I think that jumping to say that he acted illegally may be wrong, I've done as I think it may be safe to assume he may have pressured someone into doing so, but thats my opinion. Others don't share that opinion.

also some people wonder if it may e possible that some of the people who are keeping this a secret, could ahve possibly lied about their age. That a whole other issue, that if it ever comes about I garentee it won't even be allowed to be discussed in the forum.

But until any of that is proven or disproven, it is all speculation right? So, it continues to be a moral/ethical issue rather than a legality issue?

Vote 'mute in '08! - because Paris Hilton and P. Diddy will both talk about it for months without acctually doing it themselves.

Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exsactly, it's all speculation, just moral and ethics right now.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
agent_fondue wrote:

let's hold a bake sale to buy the createatrons caffine to get to the bottom of this! i'll bring the shaved almonds! Wink
agent_fondue
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
exsactly, it's all speculation, just moral and ethics right now.

okay, now I have all of my ducks in a V.

imagin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only comment I would like to make is that sexual harassment is not defined by occuring in a workplace or school. Sexual harassment *can potentially* take place any time there is reason by the *victim* to believe there will be negative consequences for refusing.

I'd hate for someone to have read the last thread, seen people stating that it must occur in a "professional" relationship of some sort to be considered wrong... and be victimized themselves as a result because they'd read something here.

As for the rest... I'm not going there.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent_fondue wrote:
...but if someone was desperate enough for a clue or an answer to send a nude photo of themselves I don’t think sexual harassment can really be called on here (although their mental health might be in question).

*edit to say that this is purely my personal opinion

That is clearly not the case here. As Falling's post in the other thread clarifies, as well as the first post in this thread, she never intended to, and never actually did send a nude picture of herself. So, your questioning of her mental health is inappropriate.
martha
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But other people did.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: