Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DISCUSSION] Pictures. Legality, Reality and such
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sappho wrote:
Very serious allegations were made in another thread. Once serious allegations are made regarding minors and possible sex crimes, it becomes a matter for the authorities. By law, it must be reported by the owners of this website.

No allegations of the sort were made that I can see. It's feared that it's a possibility. Just as it's a possibility that you're not who you claim, and are actually a sexual predator. Am I now alleging that this is the case? No. But it's certainly not beyond the real of possibility, is it?

There's a lot of hearsay flying around right now. There's a lot of reading things out of context. There's a lot of mis-readings of posts. Or maybe mis-wording of posts to begin with. Whatever it is, what someone said was theoretically possible is now being stated as if it happened. It did not, as far as I can tell. Until there are actual allegation, I'd suggest not doing anything rash like calling the FBI.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Sappho
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
Sappho wrote:
Very serious allegations were made in another thread. Once serious allegations are made regarding minors and possible sex crimes, it becomes a matter for the authorities. By law, it must be reported by the owners of this website.

No allegations of the sort were made that I can see. It's feared that it's a possibility. Just as it's a possibility that you're not who you claim, and are actually a sexual predator. Am I now alleging that this is the case? No. But it's certainly not beyond the real of possibility, is it?

There's a lot of hearsay flying around right now. There's a lot of reading things out of context. There's a lot of mis-readings of posts. Or maybe mis-wording of posts to begin with. Whatever it is, what someone said was theoretically possible is now being stated as if it happened. It did not, as far as I can tell. Until there are actual allegation, I'd suggest not doing anything rash like calling the FBI.

'mute

The allegations were made by Panda in a post that was edited and approved by her friends, who also left. I will dig it up. I don't think it is rash to bring in professionals. I would hate to think anyone's covering anything up here. It looks like garden variety denial right now. I deal with that all the time. "Oh no, my husband/friend/boss would never cross the line with a minor. Don't call the cops! You're being rash!" I've heard it hundreds of times. Meanwhile, the victim is all alone, and scared, and afraid to come forward. Maybe more than one victim.

I really hope that's not the situation here, but I don't live on hope. Call in the pros. It's the right thing to do.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been calls for any victims, should there be any, to come forward to a moderator or the creators. I would hate to think that a man who is innocent will have a pedophile finger pointed at him by the FBI. That seems rash. If there is a victim, they should tell the creators or the authorities, themselves. We can't act so rashly on only hearsay. There have been so many versions of the same story that there is no way I'd make a report on any of it.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and also remember, someone may have already come forward, jsut not publicaly. And the athorities may have already been notified.

No one on this forum should go and call the police, let alone the FBI.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminder:

No one has come forward and in any way directly stated that THEY were involved in any situation involving illegal activities. Many have ASSUMED this idea and many have ACUSED it of happening but no actual "victims" have stepped forward...

Thank You...
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with both Kasdeja and Killthesmiley on this. If there is an underage victim who has come forward, then I'm sure that everything's already been handled behind the scenes.

'mute

edit: to add itsreallyreal to the list of people I agree with.

'vote 'mute in '16!
chixor1
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trust that the creators realize the grey area that all of this appears to be in and I am sure that they have sought out advice on how to handle it appropriately.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS - I suggest all the "Police" and "Sherrifs" out there realize that by being a member here does not in any way whatsoever "involve" you in this matter...

The OWNERS of this sight (aka the creators) will handle this... Can;t you all just let them do that...

The more people hammer this subject the more they decay this sight and this series and this ARG they claim to love so much...

If you REALLY want this to all have a chance to recover and for ANYONE to be able to move on then we need to stop discussing all the things that are NONE OF OUR BUSINESS...

If you had some dirty laundry aired out you would enjoy the privacy to handle it on your own right? PLEASE give the creators the same respect you would ask for...

Thanks again...
Sappho
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
There have been calls for any victims, should there be any, to come forward to a moderator or the creators. I would hate to think that a man who is innocent will have a pedophile finger pointed at him by the FBI. That seems rash. If there is a victim, they should tell the creators or the authorities, themselves. We can't act so rashly on only hearsay. There have been so many versions of the same story that there is no way I'd make a report on any of it.

Apo called for underage victims to go to their parents, teachers, etc. I would add rape crisis. It is difficult to come forward without support. Rape crisis is wonderful, nonjudgmental, and totally anonymous. You can call 1.800.656.HOPE toll free, 24 hours a day or visit http://rainn.org for more information.

Any of the women who were involved in the "noodz" exchange can call rape crisis for support. Regardless of the legalities, if you want support, they will help you. It's hard to pick up the phone that first time, but it's worth it.

Those of you who think it's easy for a girl to just come forward have no idea. If there are any underage victims, they are feeling horrible right now. They might blame themselves for everything. They might want to just forget or pretend it happened. To learn more about the way abuse affects teens, visit http://rainn.org .
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sappho wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

Apo called for underage victims to go to their parents, teachers, etc. I would add rape crisis. It is difficult to come forward without support. Rape crisis is wonderful, nonjudgmental, and totally anonymous. You can call 1.800.656.HOPE toll free, 24 hours a day or visit http://rainn.org for more information.

Any of the women who were involved in the "noodz" exchange can call rape crisis for support. Regardless of the legalities, if you want support, they will help you. It's hard to pick up the phone that first time, but it's worth it.

Those of you who think it's easy for a girl to just come forward have no idea. If there are any underage victims, they are feeling horrible right now. They might blame themselves for everything. They might want to just forget or pretend it happened. To learn more about the way abuse affects teens, visit http://rainn.org .

Please... Understand that no one here is downplaying or disregarding the secerity of this kind of issue... Nor is anyone making any judgements about the possible victims that MAY be involved...

We are simply wanting to move on...

I appreciate you posting all the great resources you have posted and urge anyone who feels the need to use them to please do so...

However I also encourage everyone to stop letting this severe an accusation play itself out over a forum on the internet where it really has no place...

Thanks Very Happy
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:
However I also encourage everyone to stop letting this severe an accusation play itself out over a forum on the internet where it really has no place...

Thanks Very Happy

You and I are agreeing on a whole range of issues today Laughing

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Sappho
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:

Please... Understand that no one here is downplaying or disregarding the secerity of this kind of issue... Nor is anyone making any judgements about the possible victims that MAY be involved...

We are simply wanting to move on...

I appreciate you posting all the great resources you have posted and urge anyone who feels the need to use them to please do so...

Thanks Very Happy

You are welcome. The irony for me is that I come to LG15 to get away from rape crisis work. *sigh* There's really nothing more to say here, I agree.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sappho wrote:
You are welcome. The irony for me is that I come to LG15 to get away from rape crisis work. *sigh* There's really nothing more to say here, I agree.

Yes, that is ironic.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
itsreallyreal wrote:

Thanks Very Happy

You and I are agreeing on a whole range of issues today Laughing

'mute

You know what they say...

Great minds think of boobs... Wait... is that how it goes? No WAIT!

Great minds think alike boobs... That's it... Laughing Rolling Eyes
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as great minds don't put germs on the receptionist's phone.

shoots a look at 'mute

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: