Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

here is your proof. the REAL story.....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, the posting of chat logs from the IRC isn't appropriate here. I am deleting the post, and I remind anyone that wishes to add their concerns to what is being addressed to take the issue to The Creators, as they requested.

Please do not post chat logs from the IRC on the forum.
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not surprised.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case this disappears, I've made a an entire screen capture/PDF of the first post.

ETA: I got it anyway.

And I really don't understand why chat logs aren't allowed. If they are part of the game, they are part of the game. That's it. Refusing to allow the logs is detrimental.

Last edited by bethy on Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I don't mean to start an arguement here or sound naive but why arent chat logs allowed to be posted?

just curious
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The posting of the chat logs was determined months ago to violate the privacy of the individuals chatting there.
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was in #operationaphid which is a public chat that is open to all.
i don't understand why it was taken down either.

i encourage whoever got a screen shot to share it.
the truth shouldn't be stifled.

it was the proof everyone demanded from me. and they got it. and it was deleted.

i apologize, do know the creators are being emailed this second.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
The posting of the chat logs was determined months ago to violate the privacy of the individuals chatting there.

That's garbage, I'm sorry. It's a PUBLIC chat room and people can come and go. There is no privacy to be had there.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

ohh ok apo

cause I know at another forum/IRC i visit the logs are passed freely between both. so I didnt understand. now I do Smile

thanks
trainer101
Moderator Manager

horcruxes wrote:
not surprised.

Horcruxes, I understand that you are upset, as are many on both sides of this issue. The removal of chat logs is simply in place to protect fellow members - all members. It's not a personal decision by Apo or anyone else. Nor is it an attempt to hide or cover up anything. As he stated, you can share any information that you feel is pertinent to the events with the Creators directly via PM or by email: miles@lonelygirl15.com

You and any other members of the forum are welcome to PM me at anytime regarding this or any other issues.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The removal of chat logs is simply in place to protect fellow members - all members.

Please, be more specific. The IRC chat is just as public as the forums here. There's no need to protect anyone.
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
Quote:
The removal of chat logs is simply in place to protect fellow members - all members.

Please, be more specific. The IRC chat is just as public as the forums here. There's no need to protect anyone.

I understand the removing of logs that show IP addresses or are from private chats...but i don't understand removing public ones either.
[21:32] SuperRad7: you in trouble now, boi
[21:32] * Xrynaem cracks his fingers
[21:32] Xrynaem: Bring it!
[21:32] ThaBeave: D IN APHID!
[21:33] Xrynaem: OH SNAP!
[21:33] * ThaBeave KICKS XRY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, IP addresses, I get. But when posting those...delete the IPs. Geez. It's not that difficult.
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apo, what i don't understand is everyone wanting proof. and everyone wanting a solid explanation from me.

did you want me to paraphrase and recap what happened? i don't think that would be half as believable or acceptable as ACTUAL IRC logs of it happening.

we're talking about someone's career. i think that the forum rules can be a bit lax on this issue so that everyone has a fair shot at reading what went down that night. not just the people that were lucky enough to click in time.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

horcruxes wrote:
apo, what i don't understand is everyone wanting proof. and everyone wanting a solid explanation from me.

did you want me to paraphrase and recap what happened? i don't think that would be half as believable or acceptable as ACTUAL IRC logs of it happening.

we're talking about someone's career. i think that the forum rules can be a bit lax on this issue so that everyone has a fair shot at reading what went down that night. not just the people that were lucky enough to click in time.

horcruxes, I understand your position. I think that your offering to recap your experience is good. I have to tell you that the established policy here is to delete chat logs posted from the IRC.

I also agree that the issue of a man's career, especially one as creative as Glenn has show he is, is important.

The best way you can present your evidence is to send it to The Creators.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with deleting logs is that it is a BIG part of the game...and not everyone has access to IRC. I've always had a problem with the IRC aspect of the game and things happening in IRC that were never brought to the boards. This left a LOT of people out of the loop, and caused a great deal of friction. I saw it time and time again. In fact, there was one event, in particular, that really bothered me...I immediately brought it to to the Admin, since it involved him, too. After that event, I knew the IRC aspect of the game wasn't Kosher, nor were several of the game players who participated thus.

If we're going to continue to use IRC, we need to have an official logger, one that can't be edited...and a central, searchable repository for the text. That way everyone has equal access to the information.

Sort of like how the phone company records your phone calls for quality assurance? Let everyone in chat know their activity is monitored and recorded...and if you do something you'd be embarrassed about...your own damn fault.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: