Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DISCUSSION] What happens to Op, Tach, and Bro?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more interested in hearing where you think the ARG characters should go next!

Very Happy
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of us are confused, though... clearly, the characters have been absorbed into the storyline, but what does that mean, really? I think some are waiting on confirmation of whether that characters will actually remain with the series or not before we think about their future.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think the Creators could get rid of them now. They have already become part of the main storyline. I think its more of a matter of where they go with them.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
I think some of us are confused, though... clearly, the characters have been absorbed into the storyline, but what does that mean, really? I think some are waiting on confirmation of whether that characters will actually remain with the series or not before we think about their future.

Well, have The Creators ever made such announcements before regarding characters?

If they did, it would spoil the mystery.

My guess is that the characters in the storyline would remain. As we have seen in the last couple of videos, they are obviously adding more as well.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, look what happened with Gemma. She just disappeared. People who weren't following the ARG never got an explanation...hell, even those of us following the ARG still wonder what exactly happened to Gemma.

What's preventing Bree from showing up at Alex's house in a new video and saying, "Tachyon cut our visit short because she and Brother had an emergency back in Fiji..." and we never hear about them again.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing is preventing it.

But, you have to agree that it would spoil the mystery if it were announced beforehand that it were going to occur.
Onewen
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
What's preventing Bree from showing up at Alex's house in a new video and saying, "Tachyon cut our visit short because she and Brother had an emergency back in Fiji..." and we never hear about them again.

I was thinking about this, too...this could easily happen. I know I am not the only one who would be sad about this...*still has Tachyon ringtone*...but the Creators may not have a choice. We don't know (do we??) who owns the rights to the names Tachyon, OpAphid, and Brother? In addition, Glenn's (new?) role with LG15 really hasn't been clearly defined. We might have to just wait it out...and have fun dreaming up new scenerios! Very Happy
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onewen wrote:
bethy wrote:

I was thinking about this, too...this could easily happen. I know I am not the only one who would be sad about this...*still has Tachyon ringtone*...but the Creators may not have a choice. We don't know (do we??) who owns the rights to the names Tachyon, OpAphid, and Brother? In addition, Glenn's (new?) role with LG15 really hasn't been clearly defined. We might have to just wait it out...and have fun dreaming up new scenerios! Very Happy

If we don't know through videos by Tuesday, we can just ask Miles and Greg on their internet radio show, Mixed Media. At most, it'll be another three days before we know (unless there's some kind of copyright dispute going on that they can't talk about).
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Glenn is still involved with LG15, just not the PM of OpAphid, there shouldnt' be any copywrite or contractual problems, correct? And...as far as we know...he's still part of the LG15 team.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we don't know anything...so there isn't any as far as we know...

there just is an I don't know.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot, maybe they don't even know yet.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if he's out of LG15 completely, or just as the ARG PM. But I'm sure any contracts between Glenn and The Creators probably cover all contingencies.

On a related note, this has finally hit ARGNet. There are some interesting comments from Greg in there.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
If Glenn is still involved with LG15, just not the PM of OpAphid, there shouldnt' be any copywrite or contractual problems, correct? And...as far as we know...he's still part of the LG15 team.

Well, this doesn't really answer your question, but according to Glenn's wiki:

According to a March 13, 2007 post by the creators of Lonelygirl15, Rubenstein is no longer working as the Puppet Master of the OpAphid ARG (but he may be still involved with the main series, this is currently uncertain though).

I think it's implied he's still implementing some of his ideas but, as the article (which is nominated for deletion) says, it's uncertain at this time. Confused

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the article on ARGNet:

Quote:
When asked about how things will move forward with OpAphid, he said, "Solutions right now are twofold... we're looking for good, talented people with ARG experience, and secondly, we're looking at the story and where it's going from here." He also disclosed that in the future, the ARG is going to be central to the LonelyGirl15 story, which is a significant development in our eyes. As for the pause in the game, players can rest a bit easier knowing that Goodfried is already hard at work figuring out how things will progress from this point. "The truth is that we don't know if the pause will be long at all - it depends on our resources and time."

Note the bolded part? It'll be interesting to see how that's going to play out.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

going to be central to the LG15 story...does that mean it's not just about LG15 anymore and it will be necessary for people to watch the ARG? I mean...it was pretty much going that way but a lot of the fans won't know what's going on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: