Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New direction...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
I think the issues with the IRC was the fact that a small portion of the regular members felt like the needed a private, passowrd protected chat.

i don't think the chat wants to hear about how my leg fell asleep and i almost fell over when i tried to stand the other day. i made connections with people, and i apologize if i want to keep those connections and keep #operationaphid for game play only. while the IRC was used to discuss possible answers, it was used at a time when the same discussion was taking place in #operationaphid

I'm not saying all puzzles were like that, just a few.

Killthesmiley wrote:
I personally feel like the need for IRC is no longer there. We have a chat on the web site, glitchy as it is, it still serves its purpose. It's tere for us to use. But very few people choose to use it. I think that if puzzle solving could be at least kept on the main site (the forums and official chat) we would be fine.

you just said it yourself. why would we want to use something GLITCHY and so slow for puzzle solving? that doesn't make sense and hinders the thought process. its easier to hash out ideas with tons of people at one time, rather than refreshing the page or waiting for the lag to stop until someone gives you feedback.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum could be used to solve puzzles just fine... It has been done with DOZENS of other VERY good and sucsessful args in the past... Very Happy
chixor1
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:
The forum could be used to solve puzzles just fine... It has been done with DOZENS of other VERY good and sucsessful args in the past... Very Happy

STFU this isnt UF go away /jk
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chixor1 wrote:
itsreallyreal wrote:

Laughing

UF is just one of a BUNCH of other ARGs that were 10 times the quality this one has been that NEVER had any connection to IRC... Laughing

Razz
chixor1
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:
chixor1 wrote:
itsreallyreal wrote:

Laughing

UF is just one of a BUNCH of other ARGs that were 10 times the quality this one has been that NEVER had any connection to IRC... Laughing

Razz

Correction smart a$$ UF uses IRC for all game "chatter" however its simply for chatter, all solves and processes are posted on thier forum XD
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMART A$$!?!?!? Mad

OK you're right... Laughing
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm so confussed at this point lmao

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's all move on.. What other suggestions can we make for the future of the LG15 ARG(s)???
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, recently the focus of this forum, in general, was to make it a friendlier place. This is a good place to start. A new person coming in, seeing what's going on and some of the things that have went on in the past...wouldn't want to stick around. Some issues causing that have now been aired out...things that were taboo to bring up before, such as the IRC issues...things that got you bombarded with flames. Seems it's o.k. to air things out...I say we open some windows and try like hell to turn this negative into a positive. It's really the only thing the forum goers have power to do.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

"You should win things by watching!"

-Milhouse VanHowton

Last edited by Killthesmiley on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chixor1
Casual Observer

I hope that to at least try and keep order they would at least consider following the concepts put down by other PM's to try and keep order within the arg.

More importantly it may help if they read up a little on the ARG community and the history of some successful args like ILB or theBeast.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOOOO!!!!

I would love to have a website or two that are specific to the ARG included... Like some kind of Wood Chipp company that is a front for OP that has secret paswords and areas with cool flash films in them!!! Shocked

THAT would be nice!!! Very Happy
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:
OOOOOOO!!!!

I would love to have a website or two that are specific to the ARG included... Like some kind of Wood Chipp company that is a front for OP that has secret paswords and areas with cool flash films in them!!! Shocked

THAT would be nice!!! Very Happy

well there is an opaphid.com
so i'm going to assume that that was the idea, but no one got around to it.

chixor1
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good start would be to read this white paper written by the IGDA (international game developers association).

http://www.igda.org/arg/whitepaper.html
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as this sucks, and as much as I don't get much 'cause the "proof" keeps vanishing before I get here, maybe all problems are already solved? Maybe "we" already changed as much as was necessary?

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be anybody's enemy here, and I'm definitely not happy anybody left, but:
The main problems with the ARG recently seem to have been

• Nothing happened
  • And if something happenend, groups of elitist players either worked in their little cabal on their own or just paid for the answers with pr0n

Now, what happened yesterday? The person responsible for nothing happening was fired, and a lot of "the elite" either left or was exposed to enough people to be unable to do much damage in the future.

So basically, we now have a situation were all people involved in making the ARG suck are either gone or under surveillance - leaving room for the "uncool" players and lurkers to actively take part in a new version of the game, which hopefully will itself become active again under new lead.

Like I said, don't get me wrong - I'm sad many of the experienced people left. But look at it this way: Nothing was new. All we (or rather: you) heard in the past 48 hours was weeks and months old. We haven't had any real ARG activity for months. So where's the loss? Yes, Glenn Rubenstein has m4d sk1llz and created a killer ARG - but what's the difference between not having Glenn Rubenstein style because he currently ignores the ARG, and not having Glenn Rubenstein style because he was fired? Glenn Rubenstein style is gone one way or the other. But the important detail is: This way, we actually have a chance to see something ARGy in the future again. Even if it isn't from Glenn.

Same goes for "the elite". Like I said, I hate to see many of the more experienced people go, but: Several of them confessed that what went on behind the curtain was an open secret among them for a long time. So I'm asking again: What's the difference between not having elite players, and not having elite players? They're not with us either way. In last week's way, they weren't with us because they were forming their own little club, feeding their glorious image with bought victories (or just looking away), in this week's way, they aren't with us 'cause they're either ashamed, fed up, or exposed. They aren't with us either way. But: We are. We're with us. And now that we know "the elite" isn't with us, we can quit looking up to them and start looking at each other, equal players united by our common objective to solve the puzzles fed upon us by the new Puppet Master, strengthened and more alert due to our experiences in the past.

By asking for a new direction, you are the new direction.
Freed from the mindset of the past, embracing the unknown to come.

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: