Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New direction...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to see we are moving towwards making good sound suggestions here... Very Happy

Yes there will ALWAYS be chats and PM info shared... The key is that the ARG itself never directly requires the participation in such an arena (imo) that's all...

And really... This ARG has not been that good (Sorry somone had to say it...)

The possabilities with the current story line and the abilities of the right people could make for an AMAZING one thoug... So lets keep trying to make suggestions on what we would like to see here! Very Happy
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think there is a need for the incharacter areas of the forum to be used, as well as an "OpAphid Website" including clues, character chats on the main site, more videos, more drops and what I've been dieing to see is a hidden camera video of someone picking up the drop. I have been dieing to see that!

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That hidden camera idea would be AWESOME. Shocked It would add to the spook factor, that's for sure.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always thought it would be a perfect thing for opaphid to do. It's very opaphid-ish.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooOOOOOOOoooo...

I LOVE the hidden cam idea!!! Shocked Very Happy
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't be a suprising thing...since she's set up surveillance cameras in the past.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it wouldn't be surprising, just unexpected.

itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and awesome... Laughing
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, awesome.

chixor1
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these are some great ideas, including the surveillance camera one, it would allow the involvement of the players more into the story.

Something that has been used in other args ive played is the use of live webcam feeds from public venues for player/character encounters and drops.

That way whoever was going to the meet/drop it was available for everyone playing to see online.

An example of this is the phone booth cams in NYC or the camera son the boardwalk in SF.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL of this is awesome! The new PM will have more than enough info to take and run with... Smile

Let's keep it going...
aprilawz
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
Of course IRC channels will exist, my suggestion is that official game play NOT be recognized on IRC, or in any chat room for that matter. If people insist on the chats, then it should be done where a full and complete log can be done and posted for everyone to see.

Bethy, I really like what you're saying here. One way or another, if the game info/leads/clues/speculation can't be accessed by everyone, it does really kill off the game. That said, I also think that the chat is a great way to brainstorm and sift through information/speculation, not to mention how much excitement it added to the drops. So, as you've already mentioned, if #operationaphid and/or #tachyon are used, perhaps it would be a good idea to somehow keep an archive of them here?

I really have to agree with Renegade. Don't get me wrong, I didn't have anything against the "elites" or veteran chat folks personally. A couple (dunno if they would be considered "elite" or not) have been quick to come to my rescue when I had some very "101" questions from other ARGs (Kas, Caslynn, Skunk, thank you! Wink ) At times, this "tight rein" held by a few did help the game proceed. They've worked long hours and put a fair amount of cash into drop retrievals, organizing teams to solve puzzles, etc. And, although this fact may be on shaky ground due to recent events, there were some killer code breakers in their ranks.

But, for the most part, there was (or, at least I felt) an air of exclusivity around it all. More often than not, it seemed the same people pulled the strings and directed the discussions; those of us who didn't "get" this were mostly blown off or ignored. I don't think it was a situation of nobody else willing to step up to the task, but rather some strong personalities that, together with close ties to the rest of the "elite", kept that from happening.

I don't think this is anyone's fault in particular, it just "happened"...lol! Famous last words, right? The drops necessitated the creation of a group of retreivers (hehe...golden, labrador -sorry, I digress Embarassed )living in the area, and reliable participants to act as operators, along with a whole slew of other circumstances that fell into place to create this "clique-y-ness" that so many of us have felt.

But anywho ~ good, bad or neutral, that's all over and done with now. Assuming that the creationitzas flush another PM out of the bushes and this thing gets rolling again, there are a few things that would be nice. First off, while I've never been a fan of dumbing down anything, if the PM's can see that only a select few people are capable of solving a majority of the puzzles, it might be time to rethink them...not simplify, but perhaps hide a few clues that, when uncovered, will give us a veiw from another angle.

I also would like the idea of hidden resources online....give us something to work (hope) for between major clues/events. Anything to keep us on our toes, and enable the PMs to steer the story more, and make sure everyone has access to the story arc, not just a team of core players who manage info as they see fit.

Also, while this may be impossible with it now being so intertwined with LG15, it would be nice to make it more ARG, and less interactive fiction. Rather than handing out easter eggs at the end of a puzzle trail, create scenarios where the storyline is directly influenced by the choices, successes and failures of the players. It would take a damn creative PM to figure out how to work it in while staying within the LG15 lines, but I have faith.... Laughing

Last edited by aprilawz on Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I wasn't really a player of the game...not nearly the puzzle solver others involved with this were. I just lurked mostly...until the last few days. always glad to help anyone, though...at least to point them in the right direction. Very Happy

trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the meantime, anyone looking for a diversion is welcome to join us HERE.

We're in the middle of a DROP.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to get involved...but am afraid I will lose any semblance of a real life again, trainer! Laughing

And, heeey, what's up with neural net??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: