Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another issue, that has been beaten to death
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bethy, if you keep a record of your PMs on this forum, you should look at it and note that I invited you into the IRC chat during the movie puzzle.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have already been there...but I don't recall. Most of the time, I'm not able to use IRC at all. There are various reasons for this. I've never been a fan of IRC, or even chat rooms in general. I've never found them to be more efficient. In fact, I think they promote "bad" behavior...because people see it as less formal. They also seem to think it's somehow more private...which it isn't. It's just as public as anything else.

My biggest suggestion for any changes in the ARG would be do disallow chat completely. If the rules are that everything is transparent for he greater good, then puzzle solving and discussion should always be available to everyone...including the off-topic stuff. If it means for longer threads, so what? At least those who want to see the full progression of an issue can do so without feeling like a 2 year old.
Absynth
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was one of the main reasons i left the whole ARG. i lurk the forums, but rarely post anymore.

i was among the first to help out in the #opaphid, and #operationaphid rooms. i was one of the first 5 to figure out that there were fractions in Ops vids, and one of the first 3 to figure out and call the very first phone number puzzle.
im also quite good (not as good as acid) but im pretty good at the audio puzzles.

then everything changed... Sad i was shunned because i may be a little too opinionated in the phorums. people cant take my criticism and they think im being rude... trust me if im being rude, youll know...

i thought since id been participating since the ARG came out, that i would be welcome in your little "club" but obviously not.

so i agree with the people that think it comes down to leetism. sure people get off topic, but i remember back in the day, when it was puzzle time, we were ALL buisiness. there was no off topic banter, and we were always wicked fast at solving them. but since the groups started becoming "clicky" that left a bad taste in my mouth.

we used to all work together, now it seems we all work against each others clicks, and ive seen nothing but bickering on the phorums in the last 2-3 days.

its no wonder so many people are leaving/have left so pissed off.
im not suprised at all
One of the Cloudmakers
http://www.cloudmakers.org/guide/index3.shtml
Currently trying to crack the Publius Enigma
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
then everything changed... Sad i was shunned because i may be a little too opinionated in the phorums. people cant take my criticism and they think im being rude... trust me if im being rude, youll know...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I know the feeling, absynth.
imagin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thing is nonsense, guys.

When I first started being interested in OpAphid, I just wandered my way brazenly into the chat... right about the same time there was lots of griping in the forums about this supposed elitism baloney.

Never saw any of it.

Saw lots of friendliness, helpfulness, willing to explain...

Saw lots of people who didn't mind if I jumped into whatever that days' line of thought happened to be, from puzzles and carrot cake to scrabble and rats.

Saw lots of people continue conversations I decided not to take part in, and didn't decide to throw a tantrum because they didn't drop everything and decide my visit was the most important thing since sliced bread and toilet paper.

Got the same "it's in the forum" that the IRC chat has always said when someone asks a redundant question (or sometimes a detailed one that was explained in forum posts much better then it could be summarized in one line of IRC chat)... the people who DO spend time in the IRC channel use what's in the forum to catch up on what they've missed... how is it so much less viewable by people not using the IRC?

And I'm sorry, I can't be in IRC while I'm at work, either... or be online at all. I actually WORK when I'm at work. Maybe I should just demand that the rest of you stop thinking about OpAphid entirely while I'm at work so I don't miss anything. There's just nothing at all I find sympathetic in that complaint. If where one is using the internet at doesn't allow IRC, then perhaps one should either follow the rules of where they are, pay for their own internet service like the rest of us, or some such variation.

I'm not someone who ever talked in or was invited in to any separate room. Nor do I expect every single conversation that even somewhat pertains to the game to be in a place accessible to everyone who might remotely ever be interested in the game... my specuation is mine, and for who I chose to share it with.

For someone to expect that all conversations that happen to mention the game in any way will be posted on the forums... that's as unrealistic as someone expecting me to document my every thought as I search webpages for ideas on Greek characters just in case some random person thinks it necessary for them to connect every miniscule dot to understand the whole... I think not. Just... no.
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem may be that people are accusing other people of doing things out of malice, with full awareness.

I doubt the "vets" who created the other channel thought of themselves as better. That said, it did give an heir of elitism. I just think that if you felt that way you should have said something.

I actually made a point, on IRC, to say that I felt out of place/like an outsider. People were immediately responsive and nice. Many knew how I felt.

All of this boils down to really bad communication and some bad decisions.
I thought about giving up on the whole series/game etc. But now I realize I don't care about it enough to "quit." This should be fun. If it means that much to you that you are upset by a game, then perhaps you shouldn't be playing it after all. If something meant for entertainment creates real anguish in your life, you may need to take a breather.

I'll remain as critical of the storyline as ever. And I wont apologize for it, because I don't care if you like me Laughing I am interested in seeing how all of this unfolds.

And I wont let this ruin my day.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad not everyone felt alienated. Thats great, because many did. That isn't really the point to pick at, anymore. The only thing we can do is try to pick up the pieces and sweep away the negativity and constant he said/she said for when/if another ARG starts.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the REAL reason things are getting blown out of proportion is simple...

THE ONLY THING THAT REALLY EFFECTS EVERY PLAYER IS THE FACT THAT THE PM ALEGEDLY GAVE OUT CLUES TO PLAYERS DIRECTLY...

ANY other feeling people are having about this situation is PERSONAL...

So I suggest people really ask themselves.. IS IT WORTH HOLDING ON TO??? Very Happy
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i've given up. It's a pointless arguement: who's better then the other?

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said...time to pick up the pieces and move on.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

Amen Kas...
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

Amen Kas...

I vote we hide one or two of the pieces, though. I'm kinda evil that way Twisted Evil

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

ooooo... Then we can have an ARG to discover where they are hidden... Laughing Rolling Eyes Razz
chixor1
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A treasure hunt even :p
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad about chixor's sig though Twisted Evil

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: