Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Discussion] What Has Happened [Vent Thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
...Some of us who had suspicions that there was hanky panky going on could only sit and wait...yeah, it was a badly kept secret because most of you are terrible liars. We may not have known the details, but we knew a lot of you were up to no good....

Since you claim that you and others had suspicions based on the fact that it was such a badly kept secret, while I had absolutely none, I guess by your reasoning that I have every right to hold YOU Bethy personally accountable in this. If you knew something was going on, since it was such a badly kept secret, you had an obligation to everyone to have it investigated.

Sit and wait? How dare you!

Sound about right?
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sphinx...did you even read what I wrote earlier? Apparently not. The phrase "badly kept secret" is Panda's not mine. I take that back, Panda said "worst kept secret".

sadpanda wrote:

I've known about the PM's relationships with some of the female players in this game for a long time. Its one of the worst kept secrets of the game that the PM likes to talk dirty with the girls and get them to give him pics. To my knowledge, it was all 100% legal. But it still sat poorly with me, its always been a matter of ethics, not legality. But this was thier private buisness, I wasn't going to touch it. I had heard rumors about him exchanging info for sexual pictures (And for the record, Fall is NOT the only one with these kind of stories) ... but all the women were consentual and of age. So it wasn't my place. But when its something game related (like the shills), that was when I felt I had to say something.

Let's try again, shall we? Here's what I said....

bethy wrote:
SadPanda wrote:
I've known about the PM's relationships with some of the female players in this game for a long time.

And yet, you went along it. As a moderator of the game you KNEW stuff was happening that was unethical, and you just let it go. Guess what Panda...that makes you just as guilty as they are. Some of us who had suspicions that there was hanky panky going on could only sit and wait...yeah, it was a badly kept secret because most of you are terrible liars. We may not have known the details, but we knew a lot of you were up to no good....and those who weren't directly participating sat back and let it happen.

For months, people have been complaining about the ARG...moderation issues, favoritism, etc. Those of us who were vocal about it knew something was "up" and we knew stuff went on behind the scenes. We didn't know any more than that....and we DID express those concerns. Several times. That's one of the reasons, why, a month ago, there are changes in the OPAPHID forum and additional moderators added. Remember that?

I had no idea what was really happening. I never knew about the private chat stuff...the conversation with the PM....the pictures....none of it. Although looking back now with what I've learned in the past two days, I realize that I've seen some vague references to it that went over my head at the time. But had I known or even suspected half of what Panda openly admitted, I would have made sure somebody knew about it. Panda admitted she knew what was going on and even heard rumors....but chose to ignore it. Lad admitted to it as well, as have others.

There's a big difference, there. Be careful about accusing me of things...because I will defend myself. You should know that by now.
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
Some of us who had suspicions that there was hanky panky going on could only sit and wait...yeah, it was a badly kept secret because most of you are terrible liars. We may not have known the details, but we knew a lot of you were up to no good....and those who weren't directly participating sat back and let it happen.

You haven't known the details but you "had suspicions that there was hanky panky going on".

You admittedly sat back and waited.

You just typed a huge post that changed absolutely nothing about what you claim to suspect.

And if you suspected the "hanky panky", by your reasoning, you had the obligation to report your suspicions and have it investigated.

If you are attempting to equate "hanky panky" with your accusations of moderation issues and favoritism, it isn't working.

Bottom line. You had your suspicions, while once again, I did not.
Since you are so quick to judge, and this is such an important issue that you expected people to break the confidences of friendship, I still see no defense as to why you did not have the "hanky panky" investigated.

bethy wrote:
There's a big difference, there. Be careful about accusing me of things...because I will defend myself. You should know that by now.

Like always you sure typed a lot, but you didn't really say much.

Edit for clarity.
Sappho
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
ladron121 wrote:
*We found out that a minor COULD possibly be involved. The person that horcruxes named being one example, the fact that Glenn had shown a pattern of behavior and a good majority of the LG15 fanbase is under 18 years of age being another.

If anyone underage feels they have been the victim of abuse, I urge them to contact their parents or guardian, their school, or the police IMMEDIATELY.

I also recommend that anyone who has evidence of such abuse immediately report it.

I also feel it is my responsibility to point out that NO such reports have reached me, or I would have immediately contacted the proper authorities. I feel confident that The Creators, Administrators, Moderators, Ambassadors, and Operators on this forum would do no less.

Now that such reports have reached you, it is your duty to make sure the proper authorities are notified right now. There are 24 hotlines and the FBI has email. Whoever owns this website is legally responsible for reporting this activity. If your people don't do it I will. I run a rape crisis website and I will contact my legal dept. tomorrow morning if you people don't do it by then.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sappho wrote:
Now that such reports have reached you, it is your duty to make sure the proper authorities are notified right now. There are 24 hotlines and the FBI has email. Whoever owns this website is legally responsible for reporting this activity. If your people don't do it I will. I run a rape crisis website and I will contact my legal dept. tomorrow morning if you people don't do it by then.

My duty here is clear. You are suggesting that I report this alleged activity to the authorities now. This would be a report based on hearsay of an event that someone suggested COULD have happened. It is not based on any actual report of abuse.

Again, I have not received ANY report of conduct involving the abuse of a child. If I had, the proper authorities would ALREADY have been contacted.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sphinx, she didn't say she had suspicions that THIS was going on...many have made complaints about many aspects and we were flamed for it. We had no way to know about THSE details and it looks as if people are shifting blame. Just because some on the outside could tell something was wrong, doesn't mean we had any idea WHAT was wrong. And, if you look back...many have posted complaints so for THEIR issues they DID take action. Let's not shift blame and twist things, please.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sappho wrote:

No such reports have reached anyone. It is merely a theoretical possibility that one of the parties involved could be a minor, based on nothing more than the ability of one to lie about their age.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm going to agree here, most people had the suspision that some type of cheating/hading out the answers was going on. But we didn't want to bring it up due to the possible flaming.

edit per request

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~

Last edited by Killthesmiley on Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sappho
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Sappho wrote:

My duty here is clear. You are suggesting that I report this alleged activity to the authorities now. This would be a report based on hearsay of an event that someone suggested COULD have happened. It is not based on any actual report of abuse.

Again, I have not received ANY report of conduct involving the abuse of a child. If I had, the proper authorities would ALREADY have been contacted.

There is a post by Panda, edited by Ladron, that states that a minor may have been involved in the nude photo swapping. That's enough to bring to the FBI. I have already contacted the Creators. I hope they are more responsible than you. If not, I'll report it to the FBI myself. I've done it before, with excellent results. I hope no minors were involved, but hopes and wishes do not take the place of professional law enforcement.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you already copied my post earlier, you must have read it.

I will post it here again.

Quote:
If anyone underage feels they have been the victim of abuse, I urge them to contact their parents or guardian, their school, or the police IMMEDIATELY.

I also recommend that anyone who has evidence of such abuse immediately report it.

I also feel it is my responsibility to point out that NO such reports have reached me, or I would have immediately contacted the proper authorities. I feel confident that The Creators, Administrators, Moderators, Ambassadors, and Operators on this forum would do no less.

Notice that I did include that anyone who has evidence of such abuse should immediately report it.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have no idea what actions the Creators have taken behind the scenes. If anyone were to make such a call regarding things with this site and this game, it's the Creators...we can't place blame or anything on our moderators.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sappho wrote:
There is a post by Panda, edited by Ladron, that states that a minor may have been involved in the nude photo swapping. That's enough to bring to the FBI. I have already contacted the Creators. I hope they are more responsible than you. If not, I'll report it to the FBI myself. I've done it before, with excellent results. I hope no minors were involved, but hopes and wishes do not take the place of professional law enforcement.

I can't speak for ApO, but I've not read what you've apparently read. Or you've mis-read something. Or something's been mis-spoken. Because there's no actual allegations of anything involving minors, other than possible shilling. Which isn't illegal. Show me actual allegations (not hearsay), and *I* will call the FBI.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one who doesn't know the full story should call the authorities.
It's a waste of their time, and a waste of tax payers dollars (well could possibly be). I can tell you now, that if you call the authorities right now, they will have very little to go on, and very little to investigate.

The only people that should call are the victims (if you will), the moderators who know the story (when and if they do) and/or the creators when they hear the story (when and if they do)

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sappho wrote:

Sappho, Apo made the right move in his post. How dare you insinuate that he'd neglect the issue at hand - Apo is more responsible than most. All of this aside, the issue is no longer in our hands, Sappho. The Creators have been duly notified multiple times and have taken the actions they deem necessary thus far. The late Operators and all those involved have said they've already contacted the Creators and told them all they know and what they suspect. It is silly to expand the issue to involve those whom aren't involved; it only complicates the issue. Please let the Creators and their team understand and care for this ordeal before you make snap unnecessary decisions.

Remember: we don't know everything on this Forum. There is much information that we aren't meant to know, private to the investigation.

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, it's good to remember that there are Lawyer talents among our Creators.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: