Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why are you interested in LG15?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Why Are You Interested in LG15? (credit goes to freejunk)
She's a cute and innocent girl and I like to hear about her girl problems. I hope the story stays this way.
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
She's a cute and innocent girl with hints to a dark secret. I hope the plot picks up in that direction, but nothing too extreme.
33%
 33%  [ 23 ]
She's a cute and innocent girl with hints to a dark secret. I hope the plot picks up in that direction and turns into a horror/mystery show.
58%
 58%  [ 40 ]
I'm just bored and wanted to check out what its all about. I don't really care for anything.
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 68

freejunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: People's interest in lg15 Reply with quote

I just have a simple question to ask: Why are you interest in lg15?

Is it:

A: She's a cute and innocent girl and I like to hear about her girl problems. I hope the story stays this way
B: She's a cute and innocent girl with hints to a dark secret. I hope the plot picks up in that direction but nothing too extreme
C: She's a cute and innocent girl with hints to a dark secret. I hope the plot picks up in that direction and turns into a horror/mystery show
D: I'm just bored and wanted to check out what its all about. I don't really care for anything really

With all the recent discussion about cassie and how the creator are possibly distancing themselves from a darker plot, I just wanted to see what people's real interest are regarding lg15.
juliangrimm
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately C.
Ally
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B or C. Smile
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally, I'm kinda down for B/C.
or in other words, elements of mystery (from C) but only the semi-dark aspects from B (no rapings or charles manson connections)
Ally
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curriguy wrote:
(no rapings or charles manson connections)

No. Definitely not.
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freejunk's poll is more informative, as our answers may not fit in one distinct category
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, but a lot of lurkers prefer to click and not write. Good luck with your posts!
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
baggage
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B or C. But nothing horribly graphic or related to people who were hurt in real life. Sort of like Harry Potter. Normal teen angst with a side of power and mystery on the side. People die in Harry Potter. I mean, we all know this is fake..
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I merged these two threads since they were already pretty much the same thing.
freejunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, when I said horry/mystery show, I didn't mean anything involving real harm to any1 or anything that's inappropriate. Something along the lines of say...Twin Peaks...
orvetti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freejunk wrote:
Just to clarify, when I said horry/mystery show, I didn't mean anything involving real harm to any1 or anything that's inappropriate. Something along the lines of say...Twin Peaks...

It's interesting you make that comparison, because the whole Cassie thing got me thinking about how disappointing it was that Twin Peaks's villain was an evil spirit, not one of the actual characters. (It's been 16 years since it aired, so I hope that's not a spoiler for anyone!) I'm curious to see what weird things befall Bree, but please, no ectomorphic baddies.
freejunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orvetti wrote:
freejunk wrote:

It's interesting you make that comparison, because the whole Cassie thing got me thinking about how disappointing it was that Twin Peaks's villain was an evil spirit, not one of the actual characters. (It's been 16 years since it aired, so I hope that's not a spoiler for anyone!) I'm curious to see what weird things befall Bree, but please, no ectomorphic baddies.

I know its a little off topic but man that first season of twin peaks was kick ass...
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freejunk wrote:

Twin Peaks... :sigh: Such potential. I always prayed they would revive the series somehow. Dale Cooper was such an excellent character!
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
Casieefan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orvetti wrote:

Amen.

I love the whole cassie thing, but (if they even keep that storyarc at all) she turns out to be a girl looking for revenge, and not some angry headless ghost.
VanillaFlava
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting how much Twin Peaks has been cropping up with so many different topics here on this forum and the other ones. That isn't random, I think. I mean it's been like what, 11 years?

Uhm, I don't think I need to spell out, that I kinda like TP.

Usually people say they loved the first season of TP, and then got turned off in the second season. Usually, it's because the whole Laura Palmer element had been so hyped in the marketing that people felt betrayed when it turned out that was only the hook, not necessarily the meat of the show.

I think, right now LG15 sports a lot of the winning formula of TP, which is what really draws me to it. I think asking the plot to go one direction or another, is also a simplification of what the Creators are trying to accomplish here, well, if I understand their vision correctly.

But despite plot, there are elements of theme or style which really make LG15 a stand-out for me.

It's the mixture of soap opera elements, with an innocent quirkiness mixed in, all floating around a mysterious, darker core that is only hinted at.

That description pretty much fits LG and TP Season 1. The difference is that LG accomplishes a lot of the same things TP did with a surprising minimalism. I mean we really only have two leads and a pair of legs at this point and it's flying nicely.

So, to get back to the poll, it will be interesting to see which direction it will take. TP failed for a lot of people because the initial mystery was over-hyped and they felt betrayed when it was revealed (even if it was ever so nicely done). Not ever revealing it at all, could be one option. But I think, people would feel equally betrayed if there was never a payoff.

So, as all of this is sloshing around in my head, I am beginning to see the appeal of having several narratives going on at the same time, which I guess is something that will really take some getting used to.

The point being as you resolve one mystery, there might still be another thread emerging, which promises not an even higher pay-off (as it's usually done) but simply a different one.

I also have no problems at all with something darker, as long as it's tastefully done, and original. It's not the style of the Cassie stuff, for example, that put me off, it's the bit where some psycho hijacked it and beckoned people to his secret bat cave in the woods.

Sorry for the longish post, but I'm a verbose kinda guy sometimes, and TP always baits me something wicked Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: