Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Humble Request - Please Read
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Humble Request - Please Read Reply with quote

I am not a Mod...

I am not a Creator or a PM...

I am not a "Veteran" or "Old Schooler"...

I am just a member who would like to move forward...

As of late some very disturbing information has come out and some very serious accusations have been made. The OWNERS of this sight (aka the creators) Have been informed and have already begun to DEAL with this situation.

I know that the subject matter of the recent situation strikes many cords in many people. There are many "touchy" subjects on the internet and this one hints at several all at once. As passionate as some of you may be in regards to those issues. I ask that you not allow them to play themselves out here on the forum.

Allot of time, love and hard work has been put into this thing we all enjoy known as LG15. The creators, the actors... The Fans... All playing their part in what LG15 has become today. It would be a shame to think that all of that could be in jeopardy due to the improprieties of a small few.

If you truly love this site, the friends you have made and the experience it has given you than I ask you to please allow the Creators handle this situation from here forward. This is just as shocking to them as it has been for us. Right now what they need is our SUPPORT to help them get through this and keep all their hard work moving forward.

The best way for us to do this is to refrain from making further accusations. We need to stop discussing the issues at hand as if we have enough information to make any REAL arguments in ANY direction. I also suggest we simply let the issue go entirely so as to not only allow the creators to handle this situation in a respectful and proper manner but to also allow the healing of this great community to begin.

I know many rifts have been made and many people have been hurt. I ask that we all focus on what REALLY needs to be done. This community needs to heal and I would like to support that healing and writing this post is my first step toward doing that.

If you had some dirty laundry aired out you would most likely appreciate the privacy to handle it on your own. To assess the situation and make decisions you feel are sound with out the clatter of everyone else' two cents. PLEASE give the creators the same respect you would ask for...

Humbly,
IRR
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a mod of the forums, I can't thank you enough for putting that so well. If only a few heed your advise, then my job here has become exponentially easier.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Cloud_ax
Hymn of One

Location: stealing a plane to Zi's wedding, who wants to come??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause

I'm Ziola's Little Brother.
My big sister is getting married!!

"If this is a dream, don't wake me up."
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made this a temporary sticky because I think it's important for cooler head to prevail. The horse is dead, let's not keep beating it. The Creators have all the information necessary to make informed decisions - it's in their hands now.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so lets all go over into parallax and discuss the latest video!

NOW

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the stickey... And thank everyone who takes this to heart...

Cool
Jamidru
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! Thanks IRR!
and Yay sticky!!!!
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is just as shocking to them as it has been for us. Right now what they need is our SUPPORT to help them get through this and keep all their hard work moving forward.

Totally agreed.

Though I would like to say that part of the healing process involves understanding what went wrong in all aspects so that it doesn't happen again, and that any new PM (or PM team) and everyone involved is better armed with an open eye and hand on the hip, if that makes any sense. Clearly, The Creators will deal with that they deal with, I'm cool with that.

But it behooves us...posters and lurkers (and mods) to be more aware of what's happening and, for the true greater good of the entire project... in support of the hard work they've done... not sit on issues that bother you or be scared to speak up. Also, we should understand and truly respect the rules of the game, both specific and of ARG's in general. Have any of you seen the 10 Commandments of ARG's?? Might be helpful over here.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a thought to that brthy...

Anyone seeking clearafication can go to a MOD or the creators themselves. Not to say you will get the answer you are looking for but to keep in mind that having all the details isn;t important. Just knowing that the situation needs to be avoided in the future is a huge benefit and I would hope that while they would not air anyones details or dirty laundry that they may in the future decide to give us the basic idea of what went wrong, how it was delt with and what we can all do to avoid it from happening again in the future.

Again... All of this is for the creators to decide and I support their descision no matter the outcome. This is the baby they have birthed and they have that right. I respect that.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just knowing that the situation needs to be avoided in the future is a huge benefit and I would hope that while they would not air anyones details or dirty laundry that they may in the future decide to give us the basic idea of what went wrong, how it was delt with and what we can all do to avoid it from happening again in the future.

That's exactly what I mean...especially that part about how to handle things so it doesn't happen again. In order for that to happen, though, people need to be responsible enough to know when to bring the concerns instead of ignoring them. To me, that's as big a part of this as the other thing...for which I'm sure is being handled appropriately.

It's easier to handle a situation when it's small than wait until it's larger and uncontrollable. I don't want to see this project fall apart either, and the fans are part of the credibility of the project.
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If what you're asking for is some kind of answer then you should go to the source. The creators... I am sure you have your opinion about how this should be handled... This thread was intended to ask that people allow the creators to handle this the way they think it should be handled... And for the rest of us to be patient in allowing that to happen...

I'm not starting an argument with you at all... This thread is meant to be a "white flag" so I hope you can understand where I'm coming from...

I would hope that no one here feels they have the right or the privilage of deciding how to handle this situation but more importantly that even if they have feelings about what should be done that they lay that aside for now for the greater good of everyone involved.

Again... I encourage anyone who truley has a concern about how this thing is being handled to PM it to the creators and not let it play out here in the forum. Everything that can be said has been in one form or another... Now it's time to have some faith in the people who are truely respnsible here...

Thanks again...
IRR
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! What I mean is that in the spirit of moving forward, we need to make sure that everyone involved is more aware of what's going on and that they not be afraid or disinterested enough to not speak up about something. To use this as a learning experience and make the whole thing even better than before.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's not turn on eachother... gotta move on ^^b
itsreallyreal
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree whole heartedly... Very Happy
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
Oh no! What I mean is that in the spirit of moving forward, we need to make sure that everyone involved is more aware of what's going on and that they not be afraid or disinterested enough to not speak up about something. To use this as a learning experience and make the whole thing even better than before.

I actually think this bears repeating.

In the spirit of moving forward... This situation can and should be a learning experience. We can turn it into something positive. We should turn it into something positive. We MUST turn it into something positive...

If anyone feels that something is happening that isn't quite as it should be - in whatever form that takes - they should never be disinterested...should never be afraid...should never hesitate to speak up...to take it to a mod or to The Creators - especially while things are at a manageable stage.

This will make this a better community overall...and I think that's worth working toward somehow...

Let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: