Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Videos on Youtube
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwicherbichen
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Videos on Youtube Reply with quote

Why are the youtube videos so incredibly LATE?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

over the last two weeks,i have noticed that the youtube videos are being released about one every three days. three days is pretty optimal in youtube for getting the most views -- if you release new videos in less than 3 days, the new video cannabilizes lots of views that the earlier video probably would have received at YT. Also, the creators have released a new video at lonelygirl15.com probably every day for the last 10 days, which is a historically high pace for them.

last night, i noticed that the most recent YT video was "Sorry Jonas", which puts them about 9 days behind. maybe this long lag will draw more viewers here, at least that seems to be the experiment.
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its annoying for me because with all the technical limits my computer has, the only way I can get a frame to use in my video is if the video is on Youtube. Confused
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, correct me if I'm wrong. The idea is:
a) we needs moneies but have no commercials so
b) we use revver and wish to force viewers onto revver

However, there are people who either can't use revver (took me a while to get it to play ball with my browser) and those who, like a suprising portion of my subscribers, have no earthly clue of the existance of this web site.

Seriously, there are youtube messages and comments in my inbox near daily from people who watch on youtube and don't know what forums I mean or want to know how I know "the future" a growing problem as of late with these longer delays.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
So, correct me if I'm wrong. The idea is:
a) we needs moneies but have no commercials so
b) we use revver and wish to force viewers onto revver

I think you have it right. I mean, I don't know that they're doing it for these reasons, but it makes sense. the typical lg15 video on revver maxes out at around only 20,000 views. that's typically less then 10% of all views for an lg15 video if you add in youtube views.

Quote:
However, there are people who either can't use revver (took me a while to get it to play ball with my browser) and those who, like a suprising portion of my subscribers, have no earthly clue of the existance of this web site.

a few months i remember the youtube videos used to have a tag at the end "lonelygirl15.com - explore the breeniverse." i think that was taken off, perhaps because some losers made videos saying it violated youtube's user agreement. but now i see smosh videos (when i can't avoid them Smile ) that say livevideo.com all over them, so who knows.

Quote:
Seriously, there are youtube messages and comments in my inbox near daily from people who watch on youtube and don't know what forums I mean or want to know how I know "the future" a growing problem as of late with these longer delays.

haha. it is a growing problem, but maybe necessary to finally get the most casual duffers to get their lazy fingers to type "lonelygirl15.com" into their browser? or maybe someone will capitalize on this by betting people on youtube about what happens next. "I bet they take jonas to a vet!" "No way!" "Wanna bet?"
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
haha. it is a growing problem, but maybe necessary to finally get the most casual duffers to get their lazy fingers to type "lonelygirl15.com" into their browser? or maybe someone will capitalize on this by betting people on youtube about what happens next. "I bet they take jonas to a vet!" "No way!" "Wanna bet?"

tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:

a few months i remember the youtube videos used to have a tag at the end "lonelygirl15.com - explore the breeniverse." i think that was taken off, perhaps because some losers made videos saying it violated youtube's user agreement. but now i see smosh videos (when i can't avoid them Smile ) that say livevideo.com all over them, so who knows.

The website does need better press. Perhaps if the revver views go up they'll get on youtube sooner.

I also recall an uproar about the loss of realism when the ads were tacked on.
VanillaFlava
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped viewing on YT mainly because the quality on Revver is just so much better. Since the community features of YT are not used anymore to keep up the illusion of these being autentic vlogs, its purpose os lost anyway. It is sad to see people still posting 'I am on to you, you are fake'. I was never a huge fan of the YT community, but this is truly patetic.

It must still be a conundrum for them though. The hardcore fans have migrated, mostly because of the early release on Revver, the majority of the audience does not seem to be aware or care, and are stuck at YT. Heavier advertising sees outcries from the YT puritans, and so the audience is devided.

I guess it depends on where you see the value chain of LG15 begin, but in my opinion I would spread the videos out there as much as possible, and try to lead people back here if I were them. I doubt the Revver ad impressions are creating a serious revenue stream right now.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which still leaves us with the 2 above groups as screwed.

Computer incompatibility with Revver format

Unaware of Revver

These groups don't deserve to be made MORE behind. They haven't done anything wrong. Even if they somehow had, why punish them?

CNG can't view on revver, she's not undedicated, just stuck with a computer problem.

The creators need to say "screw the puritans" and add links in the descriptions, maybe add that there is a gap. If we don't tell them "oh, btw revver is 5 eps up on you" They have no reason to believe the count is different. Why would they?

When revver was introduced, the videos came out at the same time. No announcement of "hey guys, we're going to punish your non-revenuing ways now" was made. Those viewers aren't aware of the revver ads, the delay, the quality difference. We've never given them any reasons to switch.

Besides, the reason they condensed the lg accounts was because Bree's had higher views right? Well YT has higher views. It's in the creators best fiscal interest to do something to either entice the YTs over or fix the pointless gulf. If they don't know they are being held behind on the story then why would they suddenly switch over to a new, unfamiliar format?
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
CNG can't view on revver, she's not undedicated, just stuck with a computer problem.
Actually, I can view them on Revver, but to get a frame for one of my videos the video has to be on Youtube. So I'm not screwed, my videos are. Laughing
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:
Actually, I can view them on Revver, but to get a frame for one of my videos the video has to be on Youtube. So I'm not screwed, my videos are. Laughing

reading comprehension FTL V_V

In that case, if you ever need caps PM me. ^_^
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
Besides, the reason they condensed the lg accounts was because Bree's had higher views right? Well YT has higher views. It's in the creators best fiscal interest to do something to either entice the YTs over or fix the pointless gulf. If they don't know they are being held behind on the story then why would they suddenly switch over to a new, unfamiliar format?

agreed. i guess some of us fans could post in the YT comments, "hey there are many newer videos already lonelygirl15[dot]com now if you didn't know!"

when YT starts revenue sharing (whenever that is, its a promise without much substance at the moment), the Creators may switch things up again if its a financially better deal.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:

agreed. i guess some of us fans could post in the YT comments, "hey there are many newer videos already lonelygirl15[dot]com now if you didn't know!"

when YT starts revenue sharing (whenever that is, its a promise without much substance at the moment), the Creators may switch things up again if its a financially better deal.

Yeah, I'm toying around with starting a new account and posting responce vids along the lines of "Hey, if you were watching this on revver you'd be X videos further in the plot" or somesuch. PSA at the least. I'd like to hear an official creator "here's what we are doing, why we're doing it and under what circumstances we'd change that" post, though. There's no shame in revenue. That's why we had the candy placement talk with minimal drama. *shrug*
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
reading comprehension FTL V_V

In that case, if you ever need caps PM me. ^_^
Thanks! Very Happy
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7503

That's what I'm talking about right there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: