Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DISCUSSION] Glenn Rubenstein as a Director/Writer/Editor
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: [DISCUSSION] Glenn Rubenstein as a Director/Writer/Editor Reply with quote

I think Glenn is truly an asset to the LG crew.
The LG videos as well as the Tachyon/OpAphid videos he has directed, written and edited are just incredible.

Human Ransom
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/?p=184

Interrogation 101
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/?p=196

Although the creators stated he was no longer going to be the PM for the OpAphid ARG, I have also heard that he was released from LG completely, I hope I am wrong because that would just be a huge mistake.

I just want to thank Glenn, for all his hard work to make the video's that much more enjoyable. So Thank You Glenn!!

(This is a thread to talk about your opinions on his directing, writing and editing skills....Nothing else. Thank you.)

Last edited by Mintgurl on Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty, I am glad to see something so positive lately Smile I agree. I think Glenn was such an amazing asset to LG. I feel like he completed everythign so nicely. The quality of Opaphid/Tachyon...as well as the LG videos he had his hands on were beyond amazing. Something about his editing skills, and the content of the videos just made me want to participate and watch videos. I even find myself going back to the early op/tachy videos and watching them over again just because they really make things that much better. Not to mention that his videos are always highest viewed and most talked about. Kudos to glenn!

So I second Mintgurls comment. Thank you glenn, you are what makes all of this worth it.
Skunkwaffle
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree too. Glenn is most definitely a superior director. Both of those videos were fantastic. I think we can all agree that The Human Ransom was a real high point for LG15. That's when everyone got real excited and started making ringtones.

So yeah, Glenn's directing and editing FTW!
pnktinkerbell21
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with Minty. His work has been amazing and he has made this WHOLE ARG worthwhile and there is NO WAY those vids and puzzles would be the same without him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, Glenn is a brilliant man. His skills as an entertainer are varied: talented musician, creative writer, excellent director. His contribution to the Breeniverse has been amazing.

He also created and nurtured a fantastic Alternate Reality Game, OpAphid. I became aware of that game just after it began. The intricacy of the puzzles alone was simply astonishing. The interaction of his characters with the players was engaging and witty.

He is a renaissance man; he has been great at everything I have witnessed him attempt here. If I were to learn tomorrow that he also paints masterpieces, I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

If he has been removed from the show, as Minty seems to believe, I would be very surprised. I also hope she is wrong about this.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn is a terrific director, his eye for detail was something that the team was lacking before they brought him on. Things have been less sloppy, and the movement of the story has been more fluid. This is not something anyone here can deny, Glenn fan or not.

It's interesting to see what a team the Creators are acting as, they have not made any effort to show that they are committed to finding out the truth and defending one of their own. It's very unprofessional in my eyes, seeing as just last tuesday they went on and on about how LG15 was a family affair. Yet, there is a cold silence from them. I disagree with how passive a role they have taken in all of this, it should not be up to moderators of a community forum to decide the innocence of a man. This entire affair leaves an ill taste in my mouth.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
It's interesting to see what a team the Creators are acting as, they have not made any effort to show that they are committed to finding out the truth and defending one of their own. It's very unprofessional in my eyes, seeing as just last tuesday they went on and on about how LG15 was a family affair. Yet, there is a cold silence from them. I disagree with how passive a role they have taken in all of this, it should not be up to moderators of a community forum to decide the innocence of a man. This entire affair leaves an ill taste in my mouth.

I've not been on any side in this whole affair - simply because I don't know anything that happened, and I'll be the first to admit it. That said, Danielle, I don't believe any of the other fans here know everything either, including what the Creators have or haven't done. We don't know what they've been told or what they've asked outside the public eye - which may be where they and Glenn want to keep this.

Passing judgment on them in this manner is no different than what you're suggesting the Creators may have done. Again, I do not have a side in all this and I absolutely do not care to take one, because I'm not informed enough to do so. However, I'd like to see the same benefit of the doubt extended all the way around the thinkers' table.

Anyway, I agree with everyone's sentiments on what a great contributor Glenn has been. That is something I'm informed enough to comment on. He really helped take LG15 from something good to something great.
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand how Glenn could of thought it was a good idea to get involved in the IRC chat in the first place, and have private conversations with the participants, especially if it was common knowledge that his screen name was of that of the PM himself. Whether or not any of the more serious accusations are true, that alone was very bad judgment on his part.

It is that decision that has led to all the suspicion, speculation and accusations of impropriety.

The OpAphid videos have been consistently very good, the ARG puzzles have been appropriately mind bending and his contributions to the LG15 videos have been impressive. He is a talented individual, if the more serious accusations do turn out to be false or overblown, it is a shame his bad judgment has led to this debacle.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
I don't understand how Glenn could of thought it was a good idea to get involved in the IRC chat in the first place, and have private conversations with the participants, especially if it was common knowledge that his screen name was of that of the PM himself. Whether or not any of the more serious accusations are true, that alone was very bad judgment on his part.

It is that decision that has led to all the suspicion, speculation and accusations of impropriety.

The OpAphid videos have been consistently very good, the ARG puzzles have been appropriately mind bending and his contributions to the LG15 videos have been impressive. He is a talented individual, if the more serious accusations do turn out to be false or overblown, it is a shame his bad judgment has led to this debacle.

Well said
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why responses to this thread have been spun off and separated, especially when curiousGeorge's first message responded directly to -- and contradicted the factual premise of -- one of the messages here.

I can understand Mintgurl wanting this to be a thread only discussing one issue: Glenn's skills. But even given that assumption, it's simply wrong to remove posts that don't suit someone's idea of what the correct attitude or stance for the thread should be.

George pointed out that Jewelybug's statement about Glenn's vids being "the highest viewed" was not supported by the facts. That message is now the first post in a completely separate thread that is not referenced here at all (or at least wasn't before I posted this message).

Having been an assistant sysop on a different forum awhile back, I know how difficult it is to keep a board from exploding into rancor when situations like this arise. But removing evidence that contradicts a factual statement in a discussion is not the way to go about it.

Moderators, I will appreciate it if you would not disturb this post. Other readers of this thread deserve to know that there is disagreement about the underlying facts of Glenn's effect on LG15.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel's Missing and Watch This
2 videos that Glenn wrote, and highest viewed for year on YT.

I like the dialog in the ones that he wrote, it makes the characters seem a little less contrived at times. Just like when they were hanging out you know? It had a good chemistry.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
Daniel's Missing and Watch This
2 videos that Glenn wrote, and highest viewed for year on YT.

I like the dialog in the ones that he wrote, it makes the characters seem a little less contrived at times. Just like when they were hanging out you know? It had a good chemistry.

Since the Creators have started placing thumbnails in the middle of vids it's obvious they acknowledge how important it is to viewers when selecting what vids to watch. Now you would think reusing the same thumbnail would be the kiss of the death but one thumbnail has been used three times in the past month and has resulted in the three highest viewed vids of the year, those vids? Daniel's Missing, Watch This and Proving Bree Wrong. It might suggest an extremely casual viewer. It's impossible to assume what people like from high views but you can't argue with what they reject with low views. GR's vids held the average.

Many times when his fans say how great he is they make these sweeping generalizations like "great storytelling" or "amazing editing" without never saying why they think it's so great or amazing. I can appreciate that you like the way he writes dialogue. I wish more people would be specific so I can understand what exactly it is they are talking about.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, YT lists the highest-viewed LG15 vid for "all time" as "My Lazy Eye (and P.Monkey Gets Funky!)" Second is "Swimming!" Third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh are "My First Kiss," "House Arrest," "Boy Problems," "I Probably Shouldn't Post This," and "The Unthinkable Happened."
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Right now, YT lists the highest-viewed LG15 vid for "all time" as "My Lazy Eye (and P.Monkey Gets Funky!)" Second is "Swimming!" Third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh are "My First Kiss," "House Arrest," "Boy Problems," "I Probably Shouldn't Post This," and "The Unthinkable Happened."

Mind you, this isn't going to be an accurate quality meter because at this time there was that giant media storm around Lonelygirl15. Thats when I got drawn in.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I didn't know where any of the statistics that you and immortal were citing came from -- you didn't provide sources -- so I went to YT to find out what I could.

Of course, the old adage about "lies, damn lies, and statistics" is absolutely true: you can manipulate statistics to support any point you want. At the same time, all of the vids I named are LG15 vids, and the information about their all-time ranking comes directly from YouTube. Their ranking hasn't dropped below that of the vids you cited, even though it's been six or seven months since they were posted.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: