Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making a Case for Glenn
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyeMew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Making a Case for Glenn Reply with quote

The last few days have been some of the most excitement the forum has seen in ages. Emotions have run really high, the nature of the allegations have been explosive and now that the dust has settled I feel clearer perspective on the reality of what went on can be gained. I admit when I first heard about this I got a misconception about what had gone on, and frankly there were so many different versions that it was hard to know, but now that things have been cleared out I've investigated and here's a recap of what I can find:

1. There is no concrete proof of the sex allegations, that was all introduced subsequent to the shilling allegations, and sex sells so it took off.

2. Shilling does happen in ARGs. It is rather unfortunate that it did but notice that the shilling only seems to have happened in puzzles where the fans just weren't figuring it out but them figuring it out was paramount to the LG plot. I presume they have a schedule to keep, and no one answering for a long time would screwed that up making shilling, while still not quite kosher, almost acceptable.

3. Some of you might not know this, but the "vidplay" section of the LGpedia credits refers to who wrote each episode. I only figured that out recently, and after looking over the past few months it seems Glenn has written some of the best episodes since being brought on board. I feel his episodes have really captured some of the subtlety and depth to the characters which was terribly lost sometime after going on the run. I also have long wondered about what made Jonas so likeable to me when at first I hated him, something had changed with the character. I see a lot of Glenn involvement with Jonas episodes so based on this investigating I think Glenn probably played a role in that.

4. Most importantly, Glenn is the fan who has been allowed to do the fan interaction we have been promised since day one.

Glenn no longer working on the ARG has already been deicded. That was the only thing there was an issue with, the interaction. That issue is settled.

However...
is that all? We are almost a week out from the scandal breaking and I realize we haven't heard a word about Glenn's complete status. I've talked to sources involved in the incident and also those deep within the Order. People have seen what little evidence has been brought forward to support the initial claims. Also, he most explosive claim of all which seems to have really gotten people up in arms has been completely disavoyed by the minor in question.
Yet, a week later, we have heard nothing about Glenn's status as a writer on the show. This has allowed for nothing but speculation to run wild and for Glenn to essentially be crucified by public opinion. Meanwhile the moderators have almost come to blows over the resulting tension and this forum has basically been a mess.

Where are the Creators through all this?

Either the Creators aren't looking through the evidence (which isn't that hard to do, anyone who wants to can- the chat log in question is easy to find) or they have but aren't coming forward with anything. They are letting us run wild and it has caused a total trashing of someone's reputation, someone they brought onto this project to begin with. My personal feelings for Glenn aside, I find this action to be wholly irresponsible. This entire situation has been unfortunate for LG, the ARG, the Creators, but even more so for Glenn.
This sounds a lot like Yousefgate. I even heard rumors he's been completely fired. I think it's high time the Creators took responsibility and let us know about it. There really doesn't appear to be any creditable claims against Glenn, so I think they need to quit keeping us in the dark and recognize that fact. That would do a world a good for this forum in turmoil and set a lot of this insanity to rest.

As everyone knows, I'm certainly no Glenn fan (though after looking over the vidplay I'm starting to see him less as "the"-ARG man and appreciate his writing more.) But that aside, what has been done to this forum just isn't fair, and the Creators silence only perpetuates that. It looks like all that is to come out has come out, and based on that I think the verdict is clear, Glenn doesn't deserve to be fired.
So Creators will you just confirm it so we can all move on. Thank you.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Provided it is not edited, I fully agree with everything stated here by my esteemed fellow moderator, HyeMew.
Michelle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's discovered that Glenn did in fact solicit provocative photos in exchange for hints, then YES, he should be completely fired. I don't see how anyone could even debate that... people get fired everyday for doing things a lot less serious.

If all he was doing was giving out hints to forum members, then I don't think he should be fired from the series, just replaced as ARG coordinator.

Maybe the creators are just busy figuring out what to do.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, hye, great minds think alike. You and I have discussed some of this over the past few days already, so its not suprising i came to some similar conclusions. the blog-spirit moved me to blog about it .... (i just postd this in another thread, actually, but i guess it makes sense here too)

http://milowent.blogspot.com
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I full heartedly agree.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow HyeMew i'm not sure i could've put it any better. even with that being said i would like to add my own opinion on the matter.

aside from glenn creating an ARG that captivated people for almost 6 months, including myself. glenn has proven that he is an invaluable part of the LG15 team. i can honestly say before the story change and before glenn's vidplays i would go weeks without watching the LG vids. this could be partly because of no need for direct interaction between the ARG and the vids themselves. i started out a LG fan though, it was because of LG that i became interested in CiW and then in OpAphid. i still found that i had to almost force myself to watch the LG vid because they did start to get repititive and i found the storyline to be stale. (these are my own opinions, i'm not trying to start an argument)

because of the story that glenn was beginning to develop, as well as the sheer awesomeness of videos like "The Human Ransom" that had the glenn touch, funny vids like "For The Ladies" and raw videos like "Interrogation 101" i became hooked on LG again. when i watch glenn's videos, the character interaction seems to flow more seamlessly.

my favorite part in the newest LG vids is the way that Jonas and DB are able to come together and have that bond. i think if it wasn't for glenn that bond between the actors and ultimately between their characters wouldn't have been made.

personally for me, i find that not having glenn involved at all would more than likely be the death of my interest in LG as well as OpAphid. this saddens me to no degree because both of these have been a main part of my daily life for well over 8 months.

suffice it to say that HyeMew echoes my thoughts in this matter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
canadas_baby
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I was going to wait until tomorrow to reply to this seeing as writing a reply at 6 am is guaranteed to make no sense, but I've got to chip in and say I agree completely with HyeMew and Horcruxes. Glenn changed LG completely, and going back to what it used to be is just asking for it to fail.

ETA: Come on guys, if hor and I agree there has to be a good reason right Wink

Seriously though, so many people who couldn't talk without an argument before are agreeing now on this. That has to stand for something.

Oh dear.

Last edited by canadas_baby on Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
alysaface
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel as though i've missed out on a lot the past couple of days or so, and i'm blown away. I think i get the gist of what happened though.. I'm going to miss oppy =(

http://youtube.com/profile?user=alysaface

stalk me.

You were so much cooler before you got your little PHD in everyone elses problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this situation is an excellent example of the illusion of anonymity and how sitting in front of one’s computer, only responding to what is read can really cause some serious issues. This issue has nothing to do with me, but I do see it as a reflection of how some people just don’t care about people they do not see in person. People have a right to share their ideas on a message board, but this situation quickly snowballed into chaos, accusations against and between people who played no role in this situation, and accusations against people who were acting in their best judgment and with the best intentions. The mean-spirited behavior and words of some folks were quite disturbing.

I cannot address Mr. Rubenstein’s situation specifically because I have no first-hand knowledge of this situation. But as a quick example that I know is not necessarily analogous of this issue: I am a teacher. If a student comes to me and says that his/her parents are abusive, it is my obligation to report this situation and see to it that my supervisors can assure safety to the student while social workers examine the situation.

However, the rest of the class doesn’t need to know, other people in the school community (as much as they would be concerned about these accusations) don't need to castigate the parents, or take it upon themselves to defend the parents to the death, or begin threatening people, or make accusations against me, or call in the news chopper, or bringing up issues from the past that are not at all relevant. The social workers will investigate; establish what is in the best interest of the student. It become a private matter between social services, the principal, the student, parents and (if need be) the police. It ends there for me (with my best wishes for the student and parents) and should end there for me. The truth usually emerges.

Unfortunately in this situation, everyone from classmates, faculty, the bus-driver, lunch-lady, janitor, hall monitor and guy who sells class rings got involved, fueled the fire and made an unfortunate situation even more unfortunate. Hell, even the guy who sweeps up cigarette butts in the parking lot of the store down the street from the school got all vocal in this situation. Some people in the world, I realize, are just selfish and self-centered, and only care about themselves, seeking every opportunity to get righteous and judgmental. And it is everyone's right to get righteous and judgmental, but sheesh, one doesn't have to immediately jump into attack mode at every potential opportunity.

This disturbing situation should be a lesson to those of us to want to be ethical human beings. I hope when the next scandalous, scintillating and titillating issue comes up (and one will come up), that people react with morality, honesty, empathy and dignity. However, it is up to the individual to be however he/she wants to be, I guess. If a bunch of people on a message board about fictional three-minute videoblogs can’t react to situations with common decency, then I guess it is no surprise that we live in this harsh and hurtful world. It would be refreshing, however, if we made this online community less of a reflection of the harsh world and more of a reflection of a place we feel good about visiting and interacting.

I hope that this situation gets resolved in a manner that is fitting for the people directly involved. In addition, I hope that those of us who are not directly involved can become engaged in the potential of this series.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this another dangerous thread. Even just the title "Making a Case for Glenn" suggests we're trying this case in the court of public opinion and invites someone to take the opposite position. The fact is, this is not a democracy. We don't get a say. This decision is not apart of the interactivity.

We've had plenty of time to react, vent and try to make sense of what is going on. It's out of our hands. While we wait for the Creator's official statement maybe we can start to think about how we can heal and move on. I'll support whatever decision is handed down.
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big phan of Glenn's or the ARG, but the guy does deserve a fair shot. I agree with all of the above but implore all involved to stop deleting threads or posts without explanation. This does nothing but reinforce the allegations and suggest a coverup.

The c's need to address this and stop leaving the (unpaid) mods to deal with this mess!
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
The fact is, this is not a democracy. We don't get a say. This decision is not apart of the interactivity.

immortal1 wrote:
It's out of our hands. While we wait for the Creator's official statement maybe we can start to think about how we can heal and move on. I'll support whatever decision is handed down.

If these statements were true then Yousef would no longer be a part of LG15. In fact, very similar sentiments to yours were posted when it was rumored that he would no longer be a part of the series. That turned out to be an incorrect assumption. I don't know what the creators have decided, but I'm certain their decision shall respect the opinions of their fans.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll preface my input with a this: I do not know the whole situation, nor do I care to. What I do care about is the LG15 community. I have faith that The Creators will sort through everything and come to a decision that makes the most sense to them. I believe that they'll take our opinions into consideration. After all, it is for us that they created the Lonelygirl15 experience in the first place.

That said, all we know thus far is that Glenn has been fired as PM of the ARG. Agree or disagree, I'd hope that everyone can respect that decision. I don't know whether the decision to sever Glenn's involvement completely has been made or not, but once it is and is publicly known, I hope that everyone can respect that decision as well. I'm sure any rational discussion in the meantime will be taken into consideration by The Creators. Any irrational discussion will be dealt with appropriately by the mods Wink

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
HyeMew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
It's out of our hands. While we wait for the Creator's official statement maybe we can start to think about how we can heal and move on.

But guess what? So have they. This show is the Creators baby, you can't tell me they haven't been watching the forum, monitoring the situation, etc. I mean come on, the day this burst a week ago they were right there with a preliminary statement removing him as puppet-master.
Then, the silence. As the current stormed and the guy who picks up cigareette butts in the parking lot down the street started blowing the accusations out of control, the Creators seem to have just sit back and watched. Glenn is part of their team and they owe him the respect of not getting trashed like this in public. To let it go on unabated for a week now is unacceptable. You can't tell me they are just sitting back "mulling things over" for a good week now, despite the fact that there really doesn't appear to be any "there there" to this case which would necessitate a compete firing. Their silence is so deafaning and so profound its almost like they WANTED this to happen and have his reputation ruined, because I can't figure out any other way to explain their behavior.

I feel we as members of their forum deserve better. We have been put in an insane situation where we were at the mercy of public opinion and false notions of what was done and many of us were consumed by it. That said, the evidence points to the fact that we were probably wrong in many of our thoughts, but without them making that official and letting us know Glenn won't be fired, Glenn's reputation will continue to go down the toilet with us and that's just not fair to him. Why aren't the Creators looking out for each other?
Demand an answer.
imagin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Creators posted at 1:20 am today on the following thread:

[DISCUSSION] Glenn ... (Off-topic from original post)

just so you know. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: