Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making a Case for Glenn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
bethy wrote:
It's okay...I already know what people think of me...and I don't give a shit.

You may not care, bethy, but I do.

Mods should not make comments like the one 'mute just made about you. Actually, no one should, but it's especially inappropriate on the part of a mod.

When and if it happens, I think it's important to call them on it.

Well, true. I guess I'm just getting used to it from the mods here. Especially after a particular one felt it appropriate to insult me via PM while declaring just the opposite on the boards in public last week. That was really ripe. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it seems the majority of them really don't know what moderating is all about. The fact that this thread is still stickied proves that. The originator of the thread declared the purpose of the thread...and it goes directly against what the Creators have requested. I just don't get it. I really don't get it.

Trust me, when it comes to holding my tongue...I'm doing a LOT of it at the moment.

eta: i see that it was just unsticked. that happened while I was writing this. Well, that's progress.

Last edited by bethy on Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
Am I the only person who heard the statement at the beginning of the Mixed Media show that very clearly said they have been advised by their attorneys not to discuss this matter?

And none of us have any facts, so really, there is nothing to discuss that hasn't already been. It's really time to let go of this, stop fanning the flames and allow the Creators and their Counselors to examine the facts and decided what to do.

If you have something to say you think might impact their decision, send it to them in a PM. Let's move on now.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.

Last edited by Kasdeja on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Am I the only person who heard the statement at the beginning of the Mixed Media show that very clearly said they have been advised by their attorneys not to discuss this matter?

I don't recall hearing that at all last night. Not on the live show. Is it on the archive?
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was announced on air, at the very beginning, before the show even started.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that the sticky has been removed. Thanks to whoever did that.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
Languorous Lass wrote:
'mute, I love you, but that was uncalled-for and unworthy of you.

If you think bethy has violated the rules and regulations, please explain clearly how she has done so, so that she and the rest of us can understand what she's done wrong. That's what fundamental fairness requires.

All I'm saying is that she can't seem to let go, even though her point has already been made. Even when respectfully requested to do so. So, I felt it time to bring the shock factor. And don't pretend you weren't shocked Wink

'mute

So, it's okay for a moderator to make a personal attack for the shock factor? Gotcha. Forget that both LL and I pretty much dared you to point out where I'd violated a rule. Forget that not a single moderator has PM'd me about a violated rule today.

Does anybody find it ironic that I'm being accused of not wanting to let something go when there are countless posters flying Glenn avatars? When they were bombarding the chat last night about the issue? When I'm the one saying it's none of our business and to just wait it out??

All I'm trying to do is remind you that this forum is not yours. It's owned by the Creators. They've asked us not to discuss the details, and the person who started this very thread admitted this thread is to "collect all the allegations and facts about Glenn, critically examine them, and come to conclusions based on them" under the guise of supporting him.

collect all the allegations and facts about Glenn, critically examine them, and come to conclusions based on them

That's not our job...and it's not your job. Doing this just perpetuates more rumors. What happened was between Glenn and the Creators. None of you know all the details, and it is impossible to achieve the stated purpose of this thread. And since the Creators have asked us not to do it...why, for the love of God, are you allowing it?

So, instead of trying to insult me...which is really useless...why not answer the question?

I will remember, though, that it's acceptable for moderators to issue personal attacks while falsely accusing posters of violating the rules. That's good stuff there.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That quote of mine you keep posting was written in stealth while I was at work trying not to get noticed. Instead of using that as the measure of my point go to the original post and read it there for what this should be about.
The quote you keep mentioning actually is more of what I THINK should have been done to bring sanity to this place to begin with- not what did ensue which was a bloodbath of accusations and reputation-destroyers.

As I said, the Creators could have some really juicy proof that Glenn did some awful, and that only the Creators know. For all we know he did none of those things. I feel the longer the Creators fail to even mention the slightest thing of whether they even have any evidence or (as I suspect) they really don't, his reputation is being held in an unfair limbo with everyone not knowing whether or not he's a pedophile, cheater, crook, felon, or what. The longer that speculation is allowed to hang in the air, the more tarnished Glenn's reputation becomes over possibly nothing. I feel we are owed a quick and fair resolution to this crisis, and "stop talking about it, we'll get back to you eventually" is NOT it.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only been a week, hyemew.

Some things don't wrap themselves up that quickly, especially sticky situations as the one we're not supposed to be discussing. It's far better to let them do what they need to do and just shut up about it until then, because Glenn's relationship with his employer is none of your business. You claim you don't want to spread rumors, but in the very first post of this thread you claim to have heard rumors...which in ans of itself is spreading those very rumors.

And that's why we're no supposed to talk about it.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAD SEX WITH SHEEP ON THE WHITE HOUSE LAWN.

Everything that could have been said has been said in this thread, except for that.
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:

Everything that could have been said has been said in this thread, except for that.

Shocked

pics plz....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
For all we know he did none of those things. I feel the longer the Creators fail to even mention the slightest thing of whether they even have any evidence or (as I suspect) they really don't, his reputation is being held in an unfair limbo.

What part of "The attorneys have asked them not to discuss it" do you not understand. If they aren't supposed to discuss it, neither should we. Just because we aren't being informed of the details does not mean the situation is being left in limbo. They are dealing with it.

Again, if anyone has anything to contribute at this point, it should be done through PM to the Creators.

Enough already.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:

me and you should hook up

Wink

lol

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:

OMG I just choked on my cola! Owwie
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent, I was unaware they were keeping sheep on the White House lawn. Did you bring them in for this particular spectacle? I'm in a dairy area, should you feel like branching out to other livestock, let me know. Arrangements can be made.

That said...

I think The Creators have done a wonderful thing with this series on the shoestring budget they've been dealing with. I admire them for that. It's an excellent new method of storytelling...they've really done something special.

I've enjoyed the OpAphid/Tachyon storyline from the time I found it and enjoyed watching the ARG, and I was pleased when it was integrated into the rest of the series. I think Glenn, as a writer, is top drawer.

I have no knowledge of anything that may have happened, but, from what I understand, information was passed along to The Creators. They apparently need time to review that information. They have indicated that they will not be commenting on it until they have done so. It's my opinion that trying to push them into a comment before they are ready is doing them a huge disservice...and may well get a comment that we don't want to hear. If they've taken this to their own attorneys, they are obviously taking this very seriously.

They also have to clean house a bit, in that the situation has resulted in the need for, at the very least, a new PM for the ARG. Again, we will find out more about that in good time, when The Creators have had a chance to work things out satisfactorily.

What folks online tend to forget is that things move much more slowly in the real world. I tend to equate it with people years vs. dog years somehow. Time (and The Creators) will sort things out, but we need to do our part by giving this a chance to happen. It may feel too slow to some of us, but it's important to remember that things take time, especially things that are important...

There's been a comment/comments about the wait tarnishing Glenn's reputations. But when you're dealing with something of such extreme importance as someone's reputation, don't you think it's important to take the time to make sure that you've done everything exactly right? I know that if my reputation were on the line, I would want that to be the case! I would want the people who held my reputation in their hands to take all the time they needed!

Somehow I think what some folks are looking at is The Need To Know. A lot of Americans in particular feel as if it's our God-given right. I feel that if and when it's appropriate, we'll know. It may never be appropriate for us to know everything. Again, if it were my reputation on the line, I would want to know that the people who were putting together that press release were cognizant of more my need for privacy than what The Public and/or The Fans might want...

And has been pointed out, our talking about the situation itself (especially in the face of The Creators' request that we step back) won't help things...and could easily generate flames yet again.

Edit: cuz I noticed terrible grammar when CNG quoted me (thanks for the applause btw! <beaming grin>, but darn, for showing that terrible grammar off! Wink)

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!

Last edited by chershaytoute on Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chershaytoute wrote:
milowent, I was unaware they were keeping sheep on the White House lawn. Did you bring them in for this particular spectacle? I'm in a dairy area, should you feel like branching out to other livestock, let me know. Arrangements can be made.

That said...

I think The Creators have done a wonderful thing with this series on the shoestring budget they've been dealing with. I admire them for that. It's an excellent new method of storytelling...they've really done something special.

I've enjoyed the OpAphid/Tachyon storyline from the time I found it and enjoyed watching the ARG, and I was pleased when it was integrated into the rest of the series. I think Glenn, as a writer, is top drawer.

I have no knowledge of anything that may have happened, but, from what I understand, information was passed along to The Creators. They apparently need time to review that information. They have indicated that they will not be commenting on it until they have done so. It's my opinion that trying to push them into a comment before they are ready is doing them a huge disservice...and may well get a comment that we don't want to hear. If they've taken this to their own attorneys, they are obviously taking this very seriously.

They also have to clean house a bit, in that the situation has resulted in the need for, at the very least, a new PM for the ARG. Again, we will find out more about that in good time, when The Creators have had a chance to work things out satisfactorily.

What folks online tend to forget is that things move much more slowly in the real world. I tend to equate it with people years vs. dog years somehow. Time (and The Creators) will sort things out, but we need to do our part by giving this a chance to happen. It may feel too slow to some of us, but it's important to remember that things take time, especially things that are important...

There's been a comment/comments about the wait tarnishing Glenn's reputations. But when you're dealing with something of such extreme importance as someone's reputation, don't you think it's important to take the time to make sure that you've done everything exactly right? I know that if my reputation were on the line, I would want that to be the case! I would want the people in who held my reputation in their hands to take all the time they needed!

Somehow I think what some folks are looking at is The Need To Know. A lot of Americans in particular feel as if it's our God-given right. I feel that if and when it's appropriate, we'll know. It may never be appropriate for us to know everything. Again, if it were my reputation on the line, I would want to know that the people who were putting together that press release were cognizant of more my need for privacy than what The Public and/or The Fans might want...

And has been pointed out, our talking about the situation itself (especially in the face of The Creators' request that we step back) won't help things...and could easily generate flames yet again.
Applause
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: