Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

YouTube Awards?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> LG15 in the Press
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: YouTube Awards? Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17678334/

I don't have much time to research this now, but I wanted to get this up on the forums. It seems that LG15 has been or probably will be nominated for an award on YouTube for best video series.

It's something new this year that YouTube wanted to try out. I figured it would be a good way to get LG15 more publicity, so when the time comes we should all vote for it! Very Happy
tristan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, it says voting begins at 2PM Pacific Time on the site http://www.youtube.com/YTAwards

starting today and going till friday
Scrawnyfish
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote here: http://www.youtube.com/ytawards?name=ytseries
Make her #1
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ty for those links!
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. They're not announcing the winners till Monday.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tristan wrote:
Thank you, it says voting begins at 2PM Pacific Time on the site http://www.youtube.com/YTAwards

starting today and going till friday

ack! voting is over. i only voted 47 times!
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only voted a few times...but hopefully LG15 will win! I don't think any of the other nominees were as good. Very Happy
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIXED. *grumblepouts*

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
je_sais_cequisetrame
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOURTH.

Pur-lease.

Who watches "Ask a Ninja?" lol. Well, a lot of people apparently... ANYWAYS.

I voted a lot. But, I bet a lot of people voted Lonelygirl15 way at the bottom or not at all 'cause there's some hostility to it on youtube (I actually watched two videos this week by some of the most subscribed youtubers urging people to vote lonelygirl low or at least not at the top because they're still whining about it being unfair) and hostile people tend to be the more fanatical ones who voted every 20 minutes, lol.

I dunno. Personally, I don't care if lonelygirl started out without saying "this is a scripted creation."

I doubt Ask a Ninja is actually a ninja, or even just a guy in his bedroom without fancy lights or a producing background, so kiss off, people, hehe.

Oooooh well. Not like it matters. But I still wanted to rant, hehe.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ask a ninja sucks

lg15 is way better
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellylen wrote:
ask a ninja sucks

lg15 is way better

AGREED

Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by PolkadotConfederation on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
HyeMew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was fixed.
You had to shuffle around everything you were voting for in order to indicate what places you wanted them in.
Ninja was first, and the 2nd and 3rd place things were listed second and third. LG was listed 4th and came in 4th.

What I think is at work here is an over-riding incorrect use/laziness of people who didn't want to watch all 70 videos and determine the exact order. I can't blame them, I certainly wasn't going to spend time doing all that, it'd take forever. Perhaps some people didn't even look at certain categories, like maybe did the first one and submitted.
This would weight the results to the initial order, explaining the results, and I think is an unforgivably blatant and downright ridiculous error on YouTube's part.
je_sais_cequisetrame
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
It was fixed.
You had to shuffle around everything you were voting for in order to indicate what places you wanted them in.
Ninja was first, and the 2nd and 3rd place things were listed second and third. LG was listed 4th and came in 4th.

What I think is at work here is an over-riding incorrect use/laziness of people who didn't want to watch all 70 videos and determine the exact order. I can't blame them, I certainly wasn't going to spend time doing all that, it'd take forever. Perhaps some people didn't even look at certain categories, like maybe did the first one and submitted.
This would weight the results to the initial order, explaining the results, and I think is an unforgivably blatant and downright ridiculous error on YouTube's part.

I didn't consider this, but you're absolutely right.

I wonder if anyone else has made this obvious on youtube. Ask a Ninja was indeed first, and LG was indeed fourth... it would be very easy just to click submit without actually looking at them, especially if you're lazy.

And some people may have thought that was the ranking already standing and not just a random thing. (I thought those were the rankings thus far when I first voted too.)

Oooooh, not cool.
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

je_sais_cequisetrame wrote:
HyeMew wrote:
It was fixed.

I wonder if anyone else has made this obvious on youtube. Ask a Ninja was indeed first, and LG was indeed fourth... it would be very easy just to click submit without actually looking at them, especially if you're lazy.

And some people may have thought that was the ranking already standing and not just a random thing. (I thought those were the rankings thus far when I first voted too.)

Oooooh, not cool.

Exactly. When I first voted, I was confused because everything looked as though it had already been ranked...I figured it out before I submitted my vote, but I'm sure many people just didn't pay attention.

I think youtube needs to establish a better voting system the next time they do one of these awards.
je_sais_cequisetrame
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolkadotConfederation wrote:
je_sais_cequisetrame wrote:
HyeMew wrote:
It was fixed.

Oooooh, not cool.

Exactly. When I first voted, I was confused because everything looked as though it had already been ranked...I figured it out before I submitted my vote, but I'm sure many people just didn't pay attention.

I think youtube needs to establish a better voting system the next time they do one of these awards.

Oh no, I think I contributed to this mess then.

See, when you clicked "submit," I was under the assumption that you were only voting for that one category.

Now reading this post over, and thinking about it... *hides*

Um... whoops? Embarassed I'm part of the problem then, lol.

I didn't really know any of the other categories so I only voted in series. I didn't know that when you clicked submit you were submitting a vote for every category, that's silly...

And I count myself a reasonably rational person, ack. If this is true, that you were voting for every category, then I'm sure there were people like me just voting for, say, Comedy or Inspirational, and not touching the other categories thinking they were only voting for one.

Or... were just lazy.

Oh my, I feel bad now, hahaha.

*hides*

...Sorry, other categories!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> LG15 in the Press All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: