Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0159 "Co-Ed Foosball" [3/20/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really did think that the Jonas/Bree interaction was cute, but I don't want those two to hook up. It's probably just the jealousy (Jonas is MINE) speaking, but....oh well.
michiev
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AM wrote:
Yayyyy! We finally get to like Bree again. Hoping against hope that it sticks and she is finally growing up and that she doesn't do anything stupid and selfish to make us mad at her again. Haven't heard her whining lately either Smile.

Oh, joyous day!

Some random ramblings from Rachel:

So, what now for our friends? Jonas doesn't want to go home again, Bree and Daniel don't want to go home again but they just can't be homeless wanderers forever, can they? Bree's badass training is far from complete. My daughter takes karate and just from watching her development I can tell you that it takes years for a princess to become a badass, no matter how motivated she is.

The equinox came and went with no mention of the Bibliomancy by the light of the moon or secret ceremonies. Maybe our friends need to consider infiltration of the Order at their known gathering places. They know where the Order gathers on the equinonx, they know where Bree's summer camp is. They know where the Epogin is kept. At this point they have to pool what they know and come up with some sort of plan for miscief against the Order.

Running, all the time, is getting very, very old. We need some badass action and we need a badass plan and we need it soon to hold our attention.

Also, a few more drops with interesting clues, relevant to the story, in the spirit of the old Opaphid vs Tachyon pre-parallax game, wouldn't be bad for keeping us engaged either.

I just don't want this story to turn into 'Groundhog day' if YKWIM.

Actually Who ever said that the spring Equinox was important in the story? Bree DID say that the Fall Equinox was her personal favorite.
michiev
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

junetown wrote:
voyboy wrote:
Im still against any love triangle in this. I think that people who have been through so much together in a short time like they have become more like family. Regardless of any of the speculation of the two of them being siblings, it would still seem somewhat incestuous if they got together.

actually i have to disagree. people at that age, who spend that amount of time together, tend to develope feelings beyond that of "sibling love" (or at least one party does). plus with the added on high stress levels, which probably makes their teenage hormones skyrocket. i would think so anyway.

True.
heyiknowsyou
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fall a little more in love with jonas with each passing video. *joins in with the swooning*

i liked this video in all of its cute glory. the end was touching, the beginning entertaining, and i'm pretty much repeating everything everyone has said before.

And i agree that we need some plot to move forward. Maybe this video was significant but we won't see it until later vids... i'm just eager.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mellie3204 wrote:
And though I half agree with you FSK282 in that I absolutely hang out for plot vids, as I've said before, they can't all be plot driven eps, otherwise why should we even care about these people? You got to see the soft underbelly and normal-ness happening, otherwise the big dramatic plot movements don't really mean as much as they should.

I think this is absolutely correct.

Kind of like "Cowboy Bebop," if anyone's seen that. You could watch the first five episodes, then episode 9, then 12 and 13, then 15, and finally 24 through 26, and you'd have the overarching plot. But that's not even half the episodes in the series. The rest of them are what really help make you feel attached to the characters and care about them.

mellie3204 wrote:
And Bree/Jonas? Sooo a love triangle thing!! I also wonder how the DB will react. He was so mad last time he thought there was something, the only thing that made him cool off was Jonas swearing he wasn't into Bree. But now? Do we still believe him?

No love triangles, please! Those are so frustrating. I don't care if Bree and Jonas get together, but just let Daniel not care, for the love of all that is good!

Good acting here from everybody, by the way. Especially Jackson toward the end.

Oh, and Bree is making headway back into likable territory. That's great to see.
joygasm
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted to give more Jonas a hug... he is amazing at showing feeling on camera. This is a good video. Lighthearted most of the way through, and at the end they finally brought up what we wanted them to bring up. I still don't see Jonas and Bree hooking up. I think it's only right that Daniel gets her in the end. After all the heartache she puts him through and the fact that no matter what, he is still there for her. He'll get her! The presistent men always (well, usually) make it in the end.

You other girls better back it up! He is mine! Just ask him!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If The Creators build a love triangle in this, it'll be Dawson's Creek all over again.

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot believe it, but the Creators have actually made Bree somewhat likeable. I've been on the "I hate Bree" bandwagon for quite some time now, and I'm a little afraid to get off of it, for fear this unwhiney Bree who seems to care for someone other than herself will go away. I guess we will have to wait and see.

My biggest question, though, is why do the trio just take Alex's word that Jonas' parents are still alive? She's obviously not going to be a candidate for most trustful source of info. Why don't we just ask Gemma for advice on the matter?! You'd think by now that they'd be a little less likely to believe anyone who's in with the Order. (or really just anyone at this point!)

I almost hope that she is lying -- otherwise Jonas is going to have to contend with a lot of emotional issues about why his parents left him and never contacted him or tried to get back to him (even if they really didn't have a choice -- it would just be human nature to feel that way).

I'm very interested to see where the next video goes. We've had some "let's do some character building" videos, and with the new likeability of Bree, they seem to be working. Now we need some "let's go do something" videos.
pks2141
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Spinner Reply with quote

Can no one see the double entendre? Bree is a spinner physically and at the foosball table. I think Jonas likes spinners.
beavinator
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to make a point real quick. People are talking about how much more likable Bree is getting again, but I still see problems. For example, she thinks spinning is great because you can win easier, not even caring that it is CLEARLY against the rules of the game. Sure, anybody can win when they cheat. Don't believe me or Jonas?

http://www.foosball.com/content.php?page=89

Doing whatever gets you ahead the fastest regardless of whether it's right or wrong is NOT a likable trait...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renegade wrote:
If The Creators build a love triangle in this, it'll be Dawson's Creek all over again.

Yep. Pretty much.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beavinator wrote:
I'd like to make a point real quick. People are talking about how much more likable Bree is getting again, but I still see problems. For example, she thinks spinning is great because you can win easier, not even caring that it is CLEARLY against the rules of the game. Sure, anybody can win when they cheat. Don't believe me or Jonas?

http://www.foosball.com/content.php?page=89

Doing whatever gets you ahead the fastest regardless of whether it's right or wrong is NOT a likable trait...

Yes, but how many people actually do it? It's not like they are on tour with the World's Foosball Championship.

Why do the damn things spin if they aren't supposed to be spun? Why don't they just make them where they stop at a certain point, so they can be tilted and not spun all the way around?

Believe me, if I can see Bree's likeability coming through, it must be real. I've had a deep and meaningful hate for her for months. Wink

edit for clarity
beavinator
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
Yes, but how many people actually do it? It's not like they are on tour with the World's Foosball Championship.

Why do the damn things spin if they aren't supposed to be spun? Why don't they just make them where they stop at a certain point, so they can be tilted and not spun all the way around?

Well, they don't have stops because stops would interfere with the fine control required for playing foosball while actually abiding by the rules. Yes, you have a point, they were playing in a restaurant, not a tournament. It's not a big deal. But you know, this is a series, and everything can be seen to have deeper meaning. I kinda felt like Bree's response to Jonas's attempt to teach her to play the game properly hinted at something more overlying in the way Bree handles things in general, which might become important later. I could just be reading into something where there's nothing though...
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsk282 wrote:
wtffffffffff how long do we have to wait for something to happen?? i'm getting so impatient with this story. yeah, this video was cute but how many more "cute" videos are they going to come out with?? as soon as i saw the title i was pissed off!!

oh and p.s. where was db during all the flirting? they're just staying at a hotel now? seriously this plot hasn't changed since whenever they first left bree's house.
Please respond to my thread in "Complaints" section; I think you would want to.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beavinator wrote:

Well, they don't have stops because stops would interfere with the fine control required for playing foosball while actually abiding by the rules. Yes, you have a point, they were playing in a restaurant, not a tournament. It's not a big deal. But you know, this is a series, and everything can be seen to have deeper meaning. I kinda felt like Bree's response to Jonas's attempt to teach her to play the game properly hinted at something more overlying in the way Bree handles things in general, which might become important later. I could just be reading into something where there's nothing though...

Very good point, that. I kind of feel (or rather kind of hope) that it's to show a teasing, sibling rivaly between Jonas and Bree. Not that she really has the need to cheat as much she has a need to needle Jonas about something that obviously annoys the heck out of him!

A move done by little sisters world wide, lol!

On the other hand (the non-siblingy one), maybe this is Bree's I-don't-have-a-social-skill-in-my-entire-body's way of flirting with Jonas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: